Troy Lee Designs, the world’s leading aspirational brand of Bicycle and Motocross helmets and apparel, is looking for a skilled Technical Apparel Designer to join our Bike Division team. The Technical Apparel Designer will work well with the creative team, have a positive attitude, be quality driven, and pay close attention to details.
- Ability to be self-motivated, and create technical apparel with strong and leading design direction, focusing on function, innovation and quality, and pay equal attention to the importance of textiles and fit.
- Ability to source and create new methods of production, if necessary, in order to always have the best Price/Product quality ratio.
- Ability to create concepts, with complete visual inspiration, directives for color stories, style details, and forum of discussions.
- Follow concepts with detail drawings and all technical specifications necessary to complete the build of the projects at hand.
- Communicate well within the Product Development Department, and liaise seamlessly with Sales and Marketing on collaborating efforts.
- Must have knowledge of all Bicycle’s disciplines, and be familiar with the action sports industry, and have at least 3 years of design experience
- Able to develop initial design concept and carry-through from concept to final production stages.
- Strong graphic design & color sense.
- Prior printable’s experience (T-shirts, Casual Clothing, Paper, etc.).
- Must be skilled on a Mac platform with Illustrator & Photoshop.
- Proficient in producing complete tech packs in Illustrator format.
- Willing to travel to international vendors as well as domestic and international races and events.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Must be a team player that takes direction with excellent written & oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Knowledge of garment construction, and textile structures.
- Familiar with Motocross and Off-road gear brands and their apparel fit and function.
- Full-time position
- Employee discounts
- Great work/life balance
- Vacation/Sick Time off
- 401(k) savings plan
- Career opportunities
- An amazing place to work!
Email resume to: [email protected].