CARBON FIBER MIPS PROTECTION
Our all new premier motocross SE4 Carbon Helmet comes with MIPS, incorporating brain rotational protection with 13% more EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) for ultimate head safety.
This featherweight helmet comes in at only 1325 grams, creating the lightest helmet TLD has ever produced. This helmet comes with 6 top intakes feeding 10 internal ports for maximum cool air induction, couple that with 6 exhaust ports that are fed by 9 internal passages to provide excellent dissipation of heat and you've got one protective, lightweight, super-ventilated helmet.
SE4 Helmet Features:
- MIPS brain protection system, reduces rotational forces to the brain
- Technologically advanced Carbon/Kevlar composite shell construction
- Three separate EPS inserts with varying low and high speed impact-specific densities
- Three shell sizes to more accurately fit a variety of head sizes and rider ages, improving overall safety
- Anatomical –3D” contoured cheek pads with emergency release system for EMS responders
- 21 Intake / Exhaust Ports channel air to cool the head and draw hot air away
- Removable snap-in, washable Comfort Liner with Cool Max® and Dri-lex® moisture wicking materials
- Superlight titanium D-rings, save weight and have increased material tensile strength
- Plastic visor screws and brass inserts for easy impact break-away
- Exceeds certifications for Snell M2015, DOT FMVSS 218, ECE 22.05 and AS/NZS 1698
In The Box:
- SE4 CF MIPS helmet
- 2 SE4 matched visors
- SE4 plush helmet bag
HAND LAID MCT CARBON FIBER
- Hand laid pre-preg carbon / composite / MCT weave blend for superior shell construction and weight reduction
- Top layer UD (unidirectional) carbon weave provides strength and style
- High modulus Kevlar reinforced high impact zones for increased strength a rigidity
- Nylon reinforcement polymer in key high-wear and impact zones
PATENTED BRAIN PROTECTION SYSTEM
MIPS stands for Multi-directional Impact Protection System, it is a revolutionary technology that lets the helmet slide relative to the head, adding more protection against rotational violence to the brain caused by angled impacts.
SE4 SAFETY CERTIFICATIONS
OVERALL TEST PERFORMACE
Over 300 helmets, including every major industry brand, were destroyed in extensive third party testing performed at ACT labs in Los Angeles, California. The results speak for themselves and prove, that the TLD SE4 helmet is one of the safest motorcycle helmets ever produced.
"Knowing that I am racing in the safest helmet available gives me the confidence I need to go out there and ride to my full potential."
-Cole Seely #14, Factory American Honda
SE4 PRODUCT VIDEOS
SE4 SIZING INFORMATION
|HELMET SIZE||HAT SIZE||CM||INCHES|
|*Headliners and cheekpads can be interchanged within the same EPS size. SE4 cheekpads are interchangable through the entire size range.|
|X-SMALL||6-3/4 to 6-7/8||54 to 55||21-1/4 to 21-5/8|
|SMALL||6-7/8 to 7-7/8||55 to 56||21-5/8 to 22|
|MEDIUM||7-1/8 to 7-1/4||57 to 58||22-3/8 to 22-7/8|
|LARGE||7-1/4 to 7-3/8||58 to 59||22-7/8 to 23-1/4|
|X-LARGE||7-1/2 to 7-5/8||60 to 61||23-5/8 to 24|
|2X-LARGE||7-3/4 to 7-7/8||62 to 63||24-3/8 to 24-7/8|
Ratings & Reviews
Worth the wait
by Troy Tempel
I was in the market for a replacing my original TLD SE helmet, and I'm glad I waited for the SE4 to be released. The fit is excellent, the venting is noticeable, and it is very light weight. Both Oakley Air Brake (large) and O-Frame (small) googles fit well in the helmet. <br>I wear a Leatt 5.5 brace with a Fox Proframe and the SE4 works great with the system. I hope to never test out the MIPS or EPS, but it offers reassurance knowing it is there. Great helmet, happy I forked over the cash for it.