Willoughby Wins Back-To-Back USA BMX Titles
BMX - Tulsa, OK
It was a long weekend of racing in Tulsa, Oklahoma with riders having to wait in excess of four hours between races such was the attendance at the event dubbed the single biggest BMX event in the world. Willoughby had wrapped up the Race of Champions event the day previously and was one of the undisputed favourites going into the weekend.
Already this year Willoughby held the record for the most consecutive wins in the USA BMX Series where he strung together 13 wins in a row. This new record was established 15 years after the last record was set in 1998 when Johns Purse set it at eight consecutive wins.
Willoughby led a charge of nine Australian riders in the US with BMX Australia’s Caroline Buchanan recently crowned Oppy Medal Winner was due to compete as well. Buchanan was struck down with illness and making matters worse succumbed to food poisoning forcing her to pull out of racing.
- 27.02.2015 : Sound Off: Jessy Nelson Interview | TLD Race Team - Art's Cyclery Interview
- 25.02.2015 : Logan Christian Lands Podium Finish In Chicago | Snocross - Chicago, IL
- 25.02.2015 : Toby Price Swaps Bike for Stadium Super Truck Debut | Super Trucks - Adelaide, Australia
- 25.02.2015 : Mears All Smiles After Successful Daytona Speedweeks | NASCAR - Daytona Beach, FL
- 24.02.2015 : Top-10 Finish for Kasey Kahne in 2015 Daytona 500 | NASCAR - Daytona, FL
- 24.02.2015 : California Dreamin' with Aaron Gwin | MTB - Pinkbike Interview
- 24.02.2015 : Willoughby and Post Victorious at 2015 Phoenix Winter Nationals | BMX - Phoenix, AZ
- 23.02.2015 : The Play-By-Play of Cole Seely’s Race Day in Atlanta | AMA Supercross - Atlanta, GA
- 13.02.2015 : Christian Brothers Racing Wins Soo I-500 and Podiums In New York | Snocross - Fertile, MN
- 11.02.2015 : 250 Words: New But Familiar Ground - Shane McElrath | AMA Supercross - Racer X Interview