Willoughby Wins Back-To-Back USA BMX Titles
BMX - Tulsa, OK
It was a long weekend of racing in Tulsa, Oklahoma with riders having to wait in excess of four hours between races such was the attendance at the event dubbed the single biggest BMX event in the world. Willoughby had wrapped up the Race of Champions event the day previously and was one of the undisputed favourites going into the weekend.
Already this year Willoughby held the record for the most consecutive wins in the USA BMX Series where he strung together 13 wins in a row. This new record was established 15 years after the last record was set in 1998 when Johns Purse set it at eight consecutive wins.
Willoughby led a charge of nine Australian riders in the US with BMX Australia’s Caroline Buchanan recently crowned Oppy Medal Winner was due to compete as well. Buchanan was struck down with illness and making matters worse succumbed to food poisoning forcing her to pull out of racing.
- 18.12.2014 : Tis The Season With Colton Facciotti | Rider Support - Canada
- 17.12.2014 : TLD Canada Amateur Profile: Hayden Wolff | Rider Support - Prince George, BC, Canda
- 10.12.2014 : Privateer Profile: Ross Johnson | International - Canada
- 09.12.2014 : Scott Dixon Returns To TCGR for 2015 IndyCar Series | IndyCar Series
- 19.11.2014 : Interview: Troy Lee | Company
- 11.11.2014 : Redmond and Graffunder Take on Ukupacha in Ecuador | Enduro - Ukupacha, Ecuador
- 10.11.2014 : USA Got Hold of Junior Trophy Victory in Argentina | Off-Road - San Juan, Argentina
- 06.11.2014 : Mitchell DeJong Clinches 2014 GRC Lites Championship | Global Rallycross Lites - Las Vegas, NV
- 05.11.2014 : Behind The Scenes with Kiwi Indycar Champ Scott Dixon | IndyCar - New Zealand
- 04.11.2014 : Lusty Industries Opens In New Zealand | Newcastle, NSW Australia