Willoughby Wins Back-To-Back USA BMX Titles
BMX - Tulsa, OK
It was a long weekend of racing in Tulsa, Oklahoma with riders having to wait in excess of four hours between races such was the attendance at the event dubbed the single biggest BMX event in the world. Willoughby had wrapped up the Race of Champions event the day previously and was one of the undisputed favourites going into the weekend.
Already this year Willoughby held the record for the most consecutive wins in the USA BMX Series where he strung together 13 wins in a row. This new record was established 15 years after the last record was set in 1998 when Johns Purse set it at eight consecutive wins.
Willoughby led a charge of nine Australian riders in the US with BMX Australia’s Caroline Buchanan recently crowned Oppy Medal Winner was due to compete as well. Buchanan was struck down with illness and making matters worse succumbed to food poisoning forcing her to pull out of racing.
- 24.01.2015 : Nelson Passes a Dozen Riders En Route to a Top 10 Finish | Oakland Supercross Results
- 23.01.2015 : Scott Pruett Aims for Record Sixth Win at Rolex 24 Endurance Race | TUDOR - Daytona Beach, FL
- 23.01.2015 : Lusty Industries Athletes Long and Simmonds Take On Deep Well MX | Motocross - Alice Springs, Australia
- 22.01.2015 : ESM’s 2015 Worldwide Season Starts at Home & the Rolex 24 | WEC & TUDOR - Riviera Beach, FL
- 22.01.2015 : Team TLD's Ascent to the Top of American Motocross | Troy Lee Designs - Company History
- 20.01.2015 : MXP Chatter: Kyle Keast | Motocross - Canada
- 20.01.2015 : American Champion Jared Mees Wins 2015 Troy Bayliss Classic | Flat Track - Taree, Australia
- 20.01.2015 : CBR's Zach Herfindahl Wins At Grafton | Snocross - Grafton, ND
- 19.01.2015 : TLD's Toby Price 3rd Overall In Dakar Rally 2015 | Off-Road - Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 17.01.2015 : Nelson and McElrath Fight For Top-10 Finishes | AMA Supercross - Anaheim, CA