Willoughby Wins Back-To-Back USA BMX Titles
BMX - Tulsa, OK
It was a long weekend of racing in Tulsa, Oklahoma with riders having to wait in excess of four hours between races such was the attendance at the event dubbed the single biggest BMX event in the world. Willoughby had wrapped up the Race of Champions event the day previously and was one of the undisputed favourites going into the weekend.
Already this year Willoughby held the record for the most consecutive wins in the USA BMX Series where he strung together 13 wins in a row. This new record was established 15 years after the last record was set in 1998 when Johns Purse set it at eight consecutive wins.
Willoughby led a charge of nine Australian riders in the US with BMX Australia’s Caroline Buchanan recently crowned Oppy Medal Winner was due to compete as well. Buchanan was struck down with illness and making matters worse succumbed to food poisoning forcing her to pull out of racing.
- 16.11.2015 : Bud-Racing’s Lillie SX Race Report | Moto - Lillie, France
- 06.11.2015 : Shane McElrath Injured in Practice | Moto - Corona, CA
- 17.10.2015 : TLD Athletes on top at RedBull Rampage | Bike - Virgin, UT
- 23.09.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Hosts Successful Wheels 4 Life Fundraiser | Company - Laguna Beach, CA
- 23.09.2015 : That Winning Feeling: Jessy Nelson Talks USGP Victory | Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 22.09.2015 : 250 Words: Troy’s Boys On Glen Helen USGP | Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 21.09.2015 : Gritty USGP Performance For Kirk Gibbs | Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 21.09.2015 : Troy Lee Designs on Top of the World at Glen Helen USGP | Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 18.09.2015 : Billy Laninovich - Molding Tomorrow’s Racers | Motocross - TWMX Interview
- 15.09.2015 : Daniel Sanders On Top of the World in ISDE E3 Division | Enduro - Kosice, Slovakia