Villegas Takes Home ASA Moto-X Championships Title
FMX - Pomona, CA
Javier Villegas earned the top spot in the 10th Annual ASA World Championships of Freestyle Motocross by beating out the top motorcycle aerialists in the industry during the final weekend at the L.A. County Fair. ASA partnered with the Metal Mulisha to re-brand the event as Metal Mulisha Moto-X Champions, with some of the best riders in the industry competing in a series of head-to-head battles for the event title.
The FMX athletes pulled out all the stops to show off huge upside-down tricks, combinations and extensions. All of the riders had their bikes flying up to 120 feet to prove who had the skills to take the win. The event featured a head-to-head, double elimination format with the roaring crowd deciding which rider would move on to the next round. The riders’ high energy and full-throttle intensity kept the Southern California fans on their feet throughout each performance.
Javier Villegas earned first by showing off crisp tricks, several different back flip combinations, and creativity on every single jump. Villegas wowed the packed stadium with his heel-clicker flip to superman, cordova flip to superman and his no-handed candybar. He had fans on their feet with his one-of-a-kind Gangnam backflip. Jimmy Fitzpatrick proved he deserved his second-place spot with his huge KOD (kiss of death) flip. Nixey Danielson and Ronnie Faisst, who rounded out the podium tying for third, both pulled phenomal tricks, including a cordova flip by Danielson and one-handed, one-footed can flip by Faisst.
“After three years of competing in this event, I am incredibly excited to come out of here with a win,” said first place winner, Villegas. “All of these Metal Mulisha guys are real athletes and tough competitors, so they made me work for it. To be able to go up against them and then walk away with this trophy is an amazing feeling.”
About ASA Entertainment:
Founded in 1994, ASA Entertainment Group, LLC is an action sports event, television and content production agency focused on creating and executing customized, turn-key marketing programs that range in scale from grassroots to global. ASA's events, featuring skateboarding, freestyle BMX, inline skating, freestyle motocross, snowboarding, surfing and music, are broadcast domestically on eight networks (including CBS and Fox Sports Net), and distributed to more than 700 million HH globally via 30 international broadcast partners. ASA's productions span the spectrum from large, international competitions such as the ASA Action Sports World Tour, the World Championships of Freestyle Motocross, The Supergirl Jam Series, Air in the Square and the ASA Big Air Triples to amateur contests, lifestyle and branded entertainment events, demonstrations, exhibitions, school programs and mobile tours. After 17 years as a leader in action sports, ASA Entertainment regularly connects brands to consumers through its platform of premium action sports and lifestyle content. For more information, visit www.ASAentertainment.com, Facebook.com/ASAentertainment or follow us on Twitter: @ASAWorldTour.
- 16.04.2015 : Chip Ganassi Racing Report: Indy Grand Prix of Louisiana | IndyCar - Avondale, LA
- 15.04.2015 : Team Penske's Castroneves Podiums in Louisiana | IndyCar - Avondale, LA
- 14.04.2015 : Lusty Industries / KTM’s Gibbs Shows His Mettle To Extend Nationals Lead | Motocross - Sydney, Australia
- 14.04.2015 : Kasey Kahne Finishes 8th At Texas | NASCAR - Fort Worth, TX
- 13.04.2015 : Aaron Gwin Takes 1st Place at 2015 DH World Cup Season Opener | DH MTB - Lourdes, France
- 13.04.2015 : Shane McElrath Makes Podium Return in Houston | AMA Supercross - Houston, TX
- 13.04.2015 : 2015 SRAM | Troy Lee Designs Race Team - Meet the Squad | Bicycle - SRAM TLD Race Team
- 13.04.2015 : TLD’s Cole Seely Wins First-Ever 450SX Main Event | AMA Supercross - Houston, TX
- 10.04.2015 : Jessy Nelson To Sit Out Remainder of 2015 Supercross Series | AMA Supercross - Corona, CA
- 06.04.2015 : Greg Hancock Still Hungry for Success | Speedway - Sweden