Verizon Extends Team Penske Deal and Adds Montoya Sponsorship
IndyCar - Team Penske
"Verizon has been a terrific partner for Team Penske and we are excited to continue to grow our relationship with them in 2014 and beyond," said team owner Roger Penske. "Verizon's technology and marketing activation has meant so much to Team Penske and the sport of IndyCar racing and we look forward to building on this special partnership in the future."
With diminished television ratings making it exceptionally hard for teams to ink new sponsorship contracts, Verizon's choice to continue marketing its services in the IndyCar Series is significant. The brand has been one of the leaders in activating and marketing its involvement with the sport, building numerous ad campaigns around Power and his No. 12 Chevy.
By adding the popular Juan Pablo Montoya to the mix for eight races, Verizon has created another opportunity to increase its return on investment, and with the team set to field all three of its entries carrying Verizon colors at the inaugural Grand Prix of Indianapolis road course race in May, the brand appears to be making a concerted push to grow its presence in open-wheel racing.
- 27.02.2015 : Sound Off: Jessy Nelson Interview | TLD Race Team - Art's Cyclery Interview
- 25.02.2015 : Logan Christian Lands Podium Finish In Chicago | Snocross - Chicago, IL
- 25.02.2015 : Toby Price Swaps Bike for Stadium Super Truck Debut | Super Trucks - Adelaide, Australia
- 25.02.2015 : Mears All Smiles After Successful Daytona Speedweeks | NASCAR - Daytona Beach, FL
- 24.02.2015 : Top-10 Finish for Kasey Kahne in 2015 Daytona 500 | NASCAR - Daytona, FL
- 24.02.2015 : California Dreamin' with Aaron Gwin | MTB - Pinkbike Interview
- 24.02.2015 : Willoughby and Post Victorious at 2015 Phoenix Winter Nationals | BMX - Phoenix, AZ
- 23.02.2015 : The Play-By-Play of Cole Seely’s Race Day in Atlanta | AMA Supercross - Atlanta, GA
- 13.02.2015 : Christian Brothers Racing Wins Soo I-500 and Podiums In New York | Snocross - Fertile, MN
- 11.02.2015 : 250 Words: New But Familiar Ground - Shane McElrath | AMA Supercross - Racer X Interview