Verizon Extends Team Penske Deal and Adds Montoya Sponsorship
IndyCar - Team Penske
"Verizon has been a terrific partner for Team Penske and we are excited to continue to grow our relationship with them in 2014 and beyond," said team owner Roger Penske. "Verizon's technology and marketing activation has meant so much to Team Penske and the sport of IndyCar racing and we look forward to building on this special partnership in the future."
With diminished television ratings making it exceptionally hard for teams to ink new sponsorship contracts, Verizon's choice to continue marketing its services in the IndyCar Series is significant. The brand has been one of the leaders in activating and marketing its involvement with the sport, building numerous ad campaigns around Power and his No. 12 Chevy.
By adding the popular Juan Pablo Montoya to the mix for eight races, Verizon has created another opportunity to increase its return on investment, and with the team set to field all three of its entries carrying Verizon colors at the inaugural Grand Prix of Indianapolis road course race in May, the brand appears to be making a concerted push to grow its presence in open-wheel racing.
- 04.05.2015 : The Play-By-Play of Cole Seely’s Race Day in Las Vegas | AMA Supercross - Las Vegas, NV
- 04.05.2015 : McElrath Shows Off New TLD SE Air Racewear in Las Vegas | AMA Supercross - Las Vegas, NV
- 01.05.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Launches All New SE Air Racewear | Product - Corona, CA
- 30.04.2015 : 2015 Marks a Different King of Year for Long | World Endurance Championship
- 29.04.2015 : TLD’s Cole Seely Claims Fifth Podium of Rookie Season | AMA Supercross - East Rutherford, NJ
- 29.04.2015 : McElrath’s 450SX Debut Nearly Garners a Top-10 Finish | AMA Supercross - East Rutherford, NJ
- 22.04.2015 : Alise Post Grabs 2nd at Manchester BMX | BMX - Manchester, England
- 21.04.2015 : Scott Dixon wins Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 21.04.2015 : CGRT Claims SportsCar Showcase Runner-Up Finish in Long Beach | SportsCar - Long Beach, CA
- 21.04.2015 : Lusty / TLD / KTM Riders Excel In A Tough Hedley Round | Off-Road - Victoria, Australia