Valentin Teillet Shines at Anaheim 3
AMA Supercross - Anaheim, CA`
It has not been easy to get used to the American tracks and to new rivals, and it took more time than Valentin expected to race again in the top ten during a US Supercross. But Valentin never gave up and proved in Anaheim that he has made progress with a strong qualifying race. Leading the race during one lap, Valentin ended fourth behind Stewart, Anderson and Seely, three of the strongest riders in this series.
Valentin got his best ever result in the US and had a good gate for the main event. A small crash early in the race cost him all his chances as he was pushed back to last, but thanks to his good rhythm, he came back thirteenth and was expecting a top ten result when another rider crashed in front of him! Valentin was again stopped, and his fifteenth position was not a nice reward for him. But Valentin is now more confident than ever, and will try to enter the top ten next weekend in San Diego.
“It was great to lead the race for one lap, event if it was just a qualifying race. I’m so happy with my riding; I was third at the start, but moved to the lead in the whoops section. I had some troubles with the whoops when I came to America, it was so good to take the lead in this section! Fourth was a good result, I was not so fast this afternoon during the practice sessions but I felt more confident tonight and rode smooth. In the main I hit a neutral unfortunately and crashed; I was last, came back thirteenth with a good rhythm but a few laps before the end Seely crashed in front of me and I hurt him. I finished fifteenth; for sure a better result was possible tonight. I stay focused on my riding all night long, now the goal is to reach a top ten next weekend in San Diego, before coming back in France for the French series.”
- 07.03.2014 : Servia to Race Select Races with Rahal Letterman Lanigan | IndyCar - Brownsburg, IN
- 06.03.2014 : Interview: Cole Seely - Replacement Killer | Supercross - TWMX Interview
- 05.03.2014 : Where Are They Now - Dave Cullinan | MTB - Interview
- 05.03.2014 : Troy Lee Designs' Malcolm Stewart to Race Daytona Supercross | Supercross - Corona, CA
- 04.03.2014 : Herfindahl and Joanis Win Pro Finals In Cross-Country and Snocross | Snocross - Warroad, MN
- 03.03.2014 : Honda Red Riders Crowd the Podium in Indianapolis | AMA Supercross - Indianapolis, IN
- 03.03.2014 : SCORE San Felipe 250 Victory Marks Historic Feat For Vildosola Racing | Off-Road - San Felipe, Mexico
- 28.02.2014 : SRAM Announces Formation of SRAM / Troy Lee Designs Mountain Bike Team | Chicago, IL
- 27.02.2014 : Interview: TLD Enduro Rider Bryan Regnier | MTB - France
- 27.02.2014 : Seely Joins Team Honda Muscle Milk in Indianapolis | Supercross - Torrance, CA