Vaea Verbeek Wins Canadian MTB Downhill Women's Championship
Mountain Bike - Sun Peaks, BC, Canada
Verbeek took the women's race in 3:56.00. Casey Brown of Revelstoke, B.C., was second while Jaime Hill of Pemberton, B.C., finished third.
Verbeek was competing in just her second event since lacerating her liver two months ago. "I did not have many expectations as to my performance coming back from injury just last week, and I think that's what helped me this weekend," she said. "I just wanted to ride, and go as fast as possible."
Smith, the overwhelming favorite to win the race, finished in three minutes, 26.73 seconds — less than two seconds faster than Kyle Sangers of Kingston, Ont. Remi Gauvin of Nanoose Bay, B.C., placed third.
"It was a lot for me this year, especially coming back from injury in the spring and going straight to racing the World Cup," Smith said. "This was a great race for me to come and just go fast, putting some good time on the bike. The track was great."
Click here to see more photos from the race from Pinkbike.
- 29.07.2015 : TLD / KTM's Toby Price Takes 5th AORC Crown of His Career | AORC - Kyogle, Australia
- 27.07.2015 : Team TLD Riders All Score Top-10 Finishes at Washougal | AMA Pro Motocross - Washougal, WA
- 27.07.2015 : TLD’s Noren Makes It Three Weekends In A Row With Career-Best Finish | AMA Pro Motocross - Washougal, WA
- 27.07.2015 : Interview: Brandon Semenuk and Rupert Walker - Revel In The Chaos | Freeride MTB - Pinkbike Interview
- 24.07.2015 : TLD's Toby Price Could Wrap Up Fifth AORC Crown This Weekend | AORC - Kyogle, Australia
- 24.07.2015 : Sage Karam Earns First-Career Podium At Iowa 2015 | IndyCar - Newton, IA
- 23.07.2015 : TLD’s Noren Backs Up Career Best Result With Seventh Overall | AMA Pro Motocross - Millville, MN
- 20.07.2015 : TLD’s McElrath Breaks Into Top-10 With Impressive Moto 2 Ride | AMA Motocross - Millville, MN
- 20.07.2015 : KTM Strong Man Kirk Gibbs Braves The Pain At Shepparton | Motocross - Victoria, Australia
- 10.07.2015 : TLD/KTM’s Toby Price Picked Up By Red Bull Factory Rally Team | World Motorcycle Rally Championships