Vaea Verbeek Wins Canadian MTB Downhill Women's Championship
Mountain Bike - Sun Peaks, BC, Canada
Verbeek took the women's race in 3:56.00. Casey Brown of Revelstoke, B.C., was second while Jaime Hill of Pemberton, B.C., finished third.
Verbeek was competing in just her second event since lacerating her liver two months ago. "I did not have many expectations as to my performance coming back from injury just last week, and I think that's what helped me this weekend," she said. "I just wanted to ride, and go as fast as possible."
Smith, the overwhelming favorite to win the race, finished in three minutes, 26.73 seconds — less than two seconds faster than Kyle Sangers of Kingston, Ont. Remi Gauvin of Nanoose Bay, B.C., placed third.
"It was a lot for me this year, especially coming back from injury in the spring and going straight to racing the World Cup," Smith said. "This was a great race for me to come and just go fast, putting some good time on the bike. The track was great."
Click here to see more photos from the race from Pinkbike.
- 12.09.2014 : Healing Hancock Fights Back | Speedway - Vojens, Denmark
- 11.09.2014 : Juan Pablo Montoya Excited About 2015 IndyCar Potential | IndyCar
- 11.09.2014 : Catching Up With Nathan Bles 2014 | Motocross - Canada
- 10.09.2014 : Between The Motos: Tyler Keefe | Motocross/Supercross - Racer X Interview
- 09.09.2014 : Race Recap: Toby Price's 2014 Season | Off-Road - Australia
- 09.09.2014 : Women on Bikes Series - Leigh Donovan | MTB - Life on Two Wheels Interview
- 09.09.2014 : TLD / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Signs Amateur Standout Sean Cantrell | Corona, CA
- 08.09.2014 : Red Bull District Ride: Victory of Brandon Semenuk | Freeride MTB - Nuremberg, Germany
- 08.09.2014 : Interview: Luca Cometti | MTB MAG Interview
- 05.09.2014 : Competition Eliminator: Johnny Greaves Delivers Big In 2014 | TORC - Crandon, WI