Troy Lee introduces D2 Carbon Shaun Palmer Replica
D2 Action Sports Helmet
The latest in his line of replica helmets "For the World's Fastest Racers", Troy Lee recently introduced the all new D2 Carbon Shaun Palmer Replica action sports helmet.
The helmet, which features a full carbon shell, a padded MX-style liner, and custom graphics developed specifically for "The Palm", is now available at finer dealers worldwide, and retails for $375.
Palmer helped Lee develop the D2 helmet for downhill mountain biking almost 10 years ago, and helped bridge the gap to other gravity sports like snowboarding.
A long-time friend of Troy Lee, Palmer has won at the highest levels of snowboarding, mountain biking, and motocross. His ability to take and hold the lead in any type of race has made him a millionaire, a video game star, and the nation's first action sports hero. A USA Today cover story asked "Is this man the world's greatest athlete?"
"Palmer blurred the boundaries," says Pat McIlvain, global sports marketing director for Oakley. "To do three completely different sports in his own style and intensity was simply unheard of."
Today, Palmer is still looking for the holeshot. Now he's aiming for a gold medal at the Winter Olympics in Boarder X, an event he practically invented and dominated in the X Games from 1997 to 2001.
"Shaun Palmer is an amazing athlete," says Troy Lee. "The guy is fast no matter what he's doing, and he's been a friend for a long time. So we wanted to produce a helmet as iconic and legendary as the man himself. This carbon D2 is the best helmet on the market, and now the same custom graphics we developed for Palmer are available right out of the box."
The D2 Carbon Palmer is an early release of Troy Lee's 2010 line, and the latest installment in his arsenal of replica helmets that pay tribute to some of the biggest legends in racing.
- 20.05.2013 : Alise Post Repeats Her USAC Title | BMX - Chula Vista, CA
- 20.05.2013 : Graffunder Puts Husqvarna In Top Five at Barcelona X Games | Endurocross - Barcelona, Spain
- 20.05.2013 : Troy Lee Designs Kicks Off Summer at Hangtown MX | AMA Motocross - Sacramento, CA
- 17.05.2013 : 'Little' Brother Goes Big | VurbMoto Interview
- 16.05.2013 : Ricky and Luke Johnson Both Victorious at Eldora Speedway | TORC - Rossburg, OH
- 16.05.2013 : Catching Up With: Blake Savage | DMX Interview
- 15.05.2013 : Matt Simmonds Takes 3rd at Round 2 of the BDS Fort William | MTB - Fort William, Scotland
- 15.05.2013 : Kahne Battles for Darlington Win and Finishes Race in 17th | NASCAR - Darlington, SC
- 15.05.2013 : Troy Lee Designs Welcomes Malcolm Stewart to the Team | AMA Motocross
- 14.05.2013 : Extreme Speed Motorsports Finishes Third and Fourth at Laguna Seca | ALMS - Monterey, CA