Troy Lee Designs Welcomes Malcolm Stewart to the Team
Christian's injury is heartbreaking for the whole team, and we are doing everything we can to support his rehabilitation. In his absence, former JDR / J-Star / KTM rider, Malcolm Stewart, will be joining the team as a fill-in rider to pilot Craig's Honda CRF450R for the 2013 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship Series.
Although we hate to see one of our own get hurt, TLD's recent partnership with James Stewart on the Seven brand has created a budding relationship with the entire Stewart family, which made linking up with Malcolm a perfect fit.
"I've been watching Malcolm ride for the past few years," said TLD Race Team Manager, Tyler Keefe. "I've been impressed with his talent and speed and know what he's capable of doing. I thought that bringing him over in Christian's absence would be a good opportunity for both he and us."
Malcolm has been testing the new bike and is anxious for this weekend's season opener at Hangtown.
"The opportunity to ride for TLD presented itself at a great time for me. I'm really enjoying the bike and am looking forward to competing against some great riders in the 450 class this season. It's a dream come true for me to be able to race against my brother. I've been looking forward to this my whole life, so I'm definitely going to make it count!"
If you are heading to Hangtown MX this weekend, be sure to keep an eye out for Malcolm Stewart as he helps us debut our 2014 line of SE Pro Gear along with Team TLD riders Cole Seely and Jessy Nelson!
TLD would like to thank all of our team sponsors: Lucas Oil, American Honda, PPG, Red Bull, Adidas, Oakley, Fender®, Seaspan, Pro Tork, Dunlop, Renthal, Alpinestars, MavTV, ODI, McQueen Racing, Method Race Wheels, Sol Republic, GoPro, Shock Doctor, Pro Circuit, Showa, VQ OrthoCare, Couts Heating & Cooling, Specialized, Kasey Kahne, Enjoy, VP Racing Fuels, DubyaUSA/Talon, Moto Tassinari, PixelMags, ARC, Braking, Boyesen, Caprillo, Moto Brew, Vortex, Cycra, Mammoth Mountain, DID, Dirt Star, Hinson, Twin Air, Pacific Collision Centers, Sports Care Center, Elrod Racing, and New Era.
- 30.07.2014 : Chris Holder Ready To Race Bydgoszcz | Speedway - Bydgoszcz, Poland
- 29.07.2014 : Ken Block Dominates Global Rallycross Charlotte | Rallycross - Charlotte, NC
- 29.07.2014 : Sam Willoughby Wins 2014 BMX World Cup Championships | BMX - Rotterdam, Netherlands
- 29.07.2014 : Toby Price On Top As Tri-Series Continues | Off Road - Carnarvon, Australia
- 28.07.2014 : Troy Lee Designs Top Ten In Washington | AMA Motocross - Washougal, WA
- 28.07.2014 : Brendan Fairclough Succeeds in Lenzerheide | DH MTB - Lenzerheide, Switzerland
- 28.07.2014 : Honda Muscle Milk Top Ten at Washougal | AMA Motocross - Washougal, WA
- 25.07.2014 : Simply Perfect Pole Position for ESM on National Patrón Tequila Day | TUSC - Indianapolis, IN
- 25.07.2014 : Hancock's Stormer In Sweden | Speedway GP - Motala, Sweden
- 24.07.2014 : Johnny and CJ Greaves Pull Pro-2 / Pro-4 Sweep at Bark River | TORC - Bark River, MI