Troy Lee Designs Signs DH MTB World Cup Champ Aaron Gwin
TLD Headquarters - Corona, CA
Troy Lee Designs is pleased to announce the addition of Mountain Bike Champion, Aaron Gwin, to the TLD Bike Team.
The most decorated American gravity racer in the history of the World Cup will compete this season and beyond in the full line of Troy Lee Designs Helmets, Racewear, Premium Protection, Sportswear and Accessories. Aaron joins an unprecedented list of TLD teammates, with the likes of Sam Hill, Brendan Fairclough, Troy Brosnan, Steve Peat, Brandon Semenuk and Cam Zink, just to name a few.
Gwin was very excited about the new sponsorship and the upcoming season.
“Like a lot of racers, I have always looked up to Troy Lee," said Gwin.
"There's no doubt that Troy is an innovator for his style and his quality of product. The designs that come out of his shop are second to none and I couldn't be happier with joining the team! Its not often in life you meet someone as talented or focused as Troy Lee. The input and development opportunities he's given me are something I could have never imagined. This is a dream sponsor of mine and the beginning of what I know will be a fun relationship!"
Owner and operator of TLD, Troy Lee, was quick to comment on the signing of Aaron Gwin and the endless possibilities of such an opportunity.
"Ah man, this is a dream come true! Having Aaron join our team is really exciting; I was getting goosebumps signing the contract with him! We have always had a strong field of champion bike guys, legends, and just good people that you wanna hang out with, so having Aaron join us adds to that legacy. I have been following his racing like everyone, and the fact this all came together is too cool. He has some moto roots, is a local SoCal boy, likes fast cars, so I can't wait to go downhilling with him and do some moto! It's going to be fun working with Aaron and developing new product with someone who is so talented and close to our shop. Super stoked man!"
TLD's Global Bike Athlete / Team Manager, Craig "Stikman" Glaspell, who was the driving force behind this new relationship, was elated to see his efforts come together.
“Adding Gwin to our team is a tremendous feather in our cap. I am beyond happy about this recent development and look forward to many years of race wins and creating even more race proven product. I am a SoCal race scene guy, and have watched Gwin’s path from the local Fontana series to his two World Cup Championships. I have always hoped to someday work with Gwinny and I'm so amped that Troy backed this deal and gave me the tools to make it happen," commented Stik.
"Gwin also brings a lot of other valuable things to the table besides ‘fast racer guy’. He is really passionate about developing new talent, helping gravity racing grow in the USA, is really keen on what products are needed in the marketplace and I know we are lucky to have him be a part of our bad ass race program. It will drive everyone on our team to elevate in every aspect.”
Troy Lee Designs is looking forward to another successful season with all of our Bicycle Athletes.
About Troy Lee Designs:
For 30 years, Troy Lee has been customizing helmets "For The World's Fastest Racers." TLD's relentless commitment to creating products that exceed the cutting edge of style, design and quality, has earned them the reputation as an innovator in many different fields of racing. Troy Lee Designs has since expanded into a full force operation, offering a complete line of helmets, apparel and premium protection for off-road motorcycling and bicycling, as well as seasonal lines of sportswear and accessories. Based in Corona, California, Troy Lee Designs has a global network of distributors.
- 03.08.2015 : Interview: Jessy Nelson | Unfinished Business | AMA Pro Motocross - TWMX Interview
- 29.07.2015 : TLD / KTM's Toby Price Takes 5th AORC Crown of His Career | AORC - Kyogle, Australia
- 27.07.2015 : Team TLD Riders All Score Top-10 Finishes at Washougal | AMA Pro Motocross - Washougal, WA
- 27.07.2015 : TLD’s Noren Makes It Three Weekends In A Row With Career-Best Finish | AMA Pro Motocross - Washougal, WA
- 27.07.2015 : Interview: Brandon Semenuk and Rupert Walker - Revel In The Chaos | Freeride MTB - Pinkbike Interview
- 24.07.2015 : TLD's Toby Price Could Wrap Up Fifth AORC Crown This Weekend | AORC - Kyogle, Australia
- 24.07.2015 : Sage Karam Earns First-Career Podium At Iowa 2015 | IndyCar - Newton, IA
- 23.07.2015 : TLD’s Noren Backs Up Career Best Result With Seventh Overall | AMA Pro Motocross - Millville, MN
- 20.07.2015 : TLD’s McElrath Breaks Into Top-10 With Impressive Moto 2 Ride | AMA Motocross - Millville, MN
- 20.07.2015 : KTM Strong Man Kirk Gibbs Braves The Pain At Shepparton | Motocross - Victoria, Australia