Troy Lee Designs / Seaspan / PPG / Honda All-In at Anaheim
AMA Supercross - Anaheim, CA
The weather wasn't cooperating with riders or fans on Saturday night in Anaheim, but the Troy Lee Designs crew made the best of it.
Chris Blose nearly won his heat race, finishing a close second. Jake Moss crashed in his heat but came back to dominate the LCQ and show some impressive speed from a guy just returning from a broken back. And Sean Borkenhagen and Steve Boniface qualified in easily as well. Every member of the Troy Lee Designs team was in the main event and prepared to do battle.
Chris Blose was leading the pack going into the first turn in the main event but he lost his front end in the sloppy mud and went down. He crashed again in the following turn and once again later in the main when another rider crashed in front of him. Sean Borkenhagen hit the deck a couple times as well and, not to be outdone, Jake Moss threw it to the ground while running inside the top ten.
The heavy rains during the week made the track treacherous and it was definitely playing a part in the overall results. When the checkered flag dropped, Chris had fought his way back into 9th position, Jake came across in 14th and Sean followed him in for a 17th overall. It certainly wasn't the night that each of them was hoping for but it wasn't for lack of effort.
Steve Boniface, the team's lone 450 rider, held down seventh position until the halfway point in the main event. At that point an ailing shoulder injury caused him to slip back and eventually finish thirteenth on the night.
The Troy Lee Designs Seaspan PPG Honda team heads to San Diego next weekend determined to find the podium.
- 16.04.2015 : Chip Ganassi Racing Report: Indy Grand Prix of Louisiana | IndyCar - Avondale, LA
- 15.04.2015 : Team Penske's Castroneves Podiums in Louisiana | IndyCar - Avondale, LA
- 14.04.2015 : Lusty Industries / KTM’s Gibbs Shows His Mettle To Extend Nationals Lead | Motocross - Sydney, Australia
- 14.04.2015 : Kasey Kahne Finishes 8th At Texas | NASCAR - Fort Worth, TX
- 13.04.2015 : Aaron Gwin Takes 1st Place at 2015 DH World Cup Season Opener | DH MTB - Lourdes, France
- 13.04.2015 : Shane McElrath Makes Podium Return in Houston | AMA Supercross - Houston, TX
- 13.04.2015 : 2015 SRAM | Troy Lee Designs Race Team - Meet the Squad | Bicycle - SRAM TLD Race Team
- 13.04.2015 : TLD’s Cole Seely Wins First-Ever 450SX Main Event | AMA Supercross - Houston, TX
- 10.04.2015 : Jessy Nelson To Sit Out Remainder of 2015 Supercross Series | AMA Supercross - Corona, CA
- 06.04.2015 : Greg Hancock Still Hungry for Success | Speedway - Sweden