Troy Lee Designs / Seaspan / PPG / Honda All-In at Anaheim
AMA Supercross - Anaheim, CA
The weather wasn't cooperating with riders or fans on Saturday night in Anaheim, but the Troy Lee Designs crew made the best of it.
Chris Blose nearly won his heat race, finishing a close second. Jake Moss crashed in his heat but came back to dominate the LCQ and show some impressive speed from a guy just returning from a broken back. And Sean Borkenhagen and Steve Boniface qualified in easily as well. Every member of the Troy Lee Designs team was in the main event and prepared to do battle.
Chris Blose was leading the pack going into the first turn in the main event but he lost his front end in the sloppy mud and went down. He crashed again in the following turn and once again later in the main when another rider crashed in front of him. Sean Borkenhagen hit the deck a couple times as well and, not to be outdone, Jake Moss threw it to the ground while running inside the top ten.
The heavy rains during the week made the track treacherous and it was definitely playing a part in the overall results. When the checkered flag dropped, Chris had fought his way back into 9th position, Jake came across in 14th and Sean followed him in for a 17th overall. It certainly wasn't the night that each of them was hoping for but it wasn't for lack of effort.
Steve Boniface, the team's lone 450 rider, held down seventh position until the halfway point in the main event. At that point an ailing shoulder injury caused him to slip back and eventually finish thirteenth on the night.
The Troy Lee Designs Seaspan PPG Honda team heads to San Diego next weekend determined to find the podium.
- 16.11.2015 : Bud-Racing’s Lillie SX Race Report | Moto - Lillie, France
- 06.11.2015 : Shane McElrath Injured in Practice | Moto - Corona, CA
- 17.10.2015 : TLD Athletes on top at RedBull Rampage | Bike - Virgin, UT
- 23.09.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Hosts Successful Wheels 4 Life Fundraiser | Company - Laguna Beach, CA
- 23.09.2015 : That Winning Feeling: Jessy Nelson Talks USGP Victory | Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 22.09.2015 : 250 Words: Troy’s Boys On Glen Helen USGP | Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 21.09.2015 : Gritty USGP Performance For Kirk Gibbs | Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 21.09.2015 : Troy Lee Designs on Top of the World at Glen Helen USGP | Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 18.09.2015 : Billy Laninovich - Molding Tomorrow’s Racers | Motocross - TWMX Interview
- 15.09.2015 : Daniel Sanders On Top of the World in ISDE E3 Division | Enduro - Kosice, Slovakia