Troy Lee Designs / Seaspan / PPG / Honda All-In at Anaheim
AMA Supercross - Anaheim, CA
The weather wasn't cooperating with riders or fans on Saturday night in Anaheim, but the Troy Lee Designs crew made the best of it.
Chris Blose nearly won his heat race, finishing a close second. Jake Moss crashed in his heat but came back to dominate the LCQ and show some impressive speed from a guy just returning from a broken back. And Sean Borkenhagen and Steve Boniface qualified in easily as well. Every member of the Troy Lee Designs team was in the main event and prepared to do battle.
Chris Blose was leading the pack going into the first turn in the main event but he lost his front end in the sloppy mud and went down. He crashed again in the following turn and once again later in the main when another rider crashed in front of him. Sean Borkenhagen hit the deck a couple times as well and, not to be outdone, Jake Moss threw it to the ground while running inside the top ten.
The heavy rains during the week made the track treacherous and it was definitely playing a part in the overall results. When the checkered flag dropped, Chris had fought his way back into 9th position, Jake came across in 14th and Sean followed him in for a 17th overall. It certainly wasn't the night that each of them was hoping for but it wasn't for lack of effort.
Steve Boniface, the team's lone 450 rider, held down seventh position until the halfway point in the main event. At that point an ailing shoulder injury caused him to slip back and eventually finish thirteenth on the night.
The Troy Lee Designs Seaspan PPG Honda team heads to San Diego next weekend determined to find the podium.
- 17.12.2013 : Last Call - Eliot Jackson Interview | MTB - Pinkbike Interview
- 10.12.2013 : Christian Brothers Racing Win Two and Extend Points Lead | Snocross - Bessemer, MI
- 10.12.2013 : TLD to Back Hope Tech Enduro & DH Team for 2014 | MTB - United Kingdom
- 10.12.2013 : Stewart Goes 10-3 at Geneva SX | Supercross - Geneva, Switzerland
- 10.12.2013 : Sporting Achievement of the Year 2013 Finalist: Scott Dixon | IndyCar - New Zealand
- 09.12.2013 : KTM Re-Signs Chris Fillmore to Superbike Team | Superbike - Murrieta, CA
- 09.12.2013 : GT BMX Team Goes Big at Grand Nationals | BMX - Tulsa, OK
- 05.12.2013 : Red Bull Straight Rhythm to Debut on NBC | Supercross - Red Bull
- 05.12.2013 : Beyond the Bike: Micayla Gatto | Dirt Magazine Interview
- 05.12.2013 : Aim High Season Two Premieres Exclusively on Crackle | TV Guide Exclusive