Troy Lee Designs Rolls Seven in Vegas
Monster Energy Cup - Las Vegas, NV
In the first main event Seely had a bad start and had to fight through traffic to finish the in 14th. It was a tough finish but he knew he had the speed to be near the front. He got off the gate a little better the second time out and put his CRF450 in 7th by the end of the moto, giving him some confidence going into the final race. In the last main event he worked from a mid-pack start to 5th at the checkers! Cole’s consistent finishes garnered him 6th overall for the weekend and some momentum heading into his final season as a 250 rider.
Malcolm Stewart started the opening moto inside the top ten and rode steady throughout to finish 11th. The next final Malcolm had a decent start and was looking to back up his steady opening ride when a crash sent him to the ground. He jammed his wrist in the get-off and decided to pull out of the final race of the evening. His DNF would send him back to 20th overall on the night.
Jessy Nelson put some fast laps together in qualifying but was unable to secure a spot in the night program.
Amateur star Justin Hoeft looked poised to steal a win in Las Vegas after looking great in practice and qualifying. Unfortunately, a mistake in the opening lap of the first main event sent him to the ground and out for the night. Justin was tended to by the Asterisk Medic Crew and is following up with his doctors for further prognosis on his injuries. Updates on his injuries and recovery will follow soon.
Photo Gallery: Monster Energy Cup
The team will now focus all of their time and energy to preparing for the 2014 season opening in Anaheim in January. Cole Seely is charged up and ready to make a run at the title while Jessy Nelson and Malcolm Stewart are determined to have breakout seasons. A1 will be here before we know it… see you there!
TLD would like to thank all of our team sponsors: Lucas Oil, American Honda, PPG, Red Bull, Adidas, Oakley, Seaspan, Fender®, Horizon Hobby, Pro Tork, Dunlop, Renthal, Alpinestars, MAV TV, ODI, McQueen Racing, Method Race Wheels, Sol Republic, GoPro, Shock Doctor, Pro Circuit, Showa, VQ OrthoCare, Couts Heating & Cooling, Specialized, Kasey Kahne, N-Style, VP Racing Fuels, DubyaUSA/Talon, Moto Tassinari, PixelMags, ARC, Braking, Boyesen, Caprillo, Moto Brew, Vortex, Cycra, Mammoth Mountain, DID, Dirt Star, Hinson, Twin Air, Pacific Collision Centers, Sports Care Center, Elrod Racing, and New Era.
- 01.09.2015 : Dixon Comes From Behind To Win 2015 IndyCar Championship | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA
- 28.08.2015 : Oriol Servia to Drive Justin Wilson's No. 25 Car in IndyCar Finale | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA
- 27.08.2015 : Alise Post 1st, Sam Willoughby 3rd at Sweden BMX | BMX - Angelholm, Sweden
- 26.08.2015 : Juan Montoya: Job To Do But With Sadness in Heart | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA
- 24.08.2015 : TLD’s Jessy Nelson Closes 2015 Championship With a Podium in Indiana | AMA Pro Motocross - Crawfordsville, IN
- 24.08.2015 : TLD's Aaron Gwin Clinches 2015 DH MTB World Cup Championship Title | MTB - Val di Sole, Italy
- 21.08.2015 : Semenuk Revels In The Glory Of 3rd Consecutive Red Bull Joyride Win | Freeride MTB - Whistler, Canada
- 20.08.2015 : Gibbs On Verge of Clinching National MX1 Crown | MX Nationals - Australia
- 19.08.2015 : Mountain Biker Brandon Semenuk’s unReal Video: Long Shot Pays Off | Freeride MTB
- 18.08.2015 : TLD’s Jessy Nelson Collects Eighth Top-10 Finish at Utah National | AMA Pro Motocross - Tooele, UT