Troy Lee Designs Race Team Comes Out Firing at Anaheim
AMA Supercross Championship - Anaheim 1
A1 is in the books, and the 2009 season is underway.
Chris Blose led the team at the Anaheim opener with a solid fourth place finish in the 250 (Lites) main event. After starting inside the top ten, Chris stayed out of trouble on the opening laps and took advantage of mistakes made by his competition.
When Reardon and Brayton tangled and went down near the halfway point, Blose avoided the carnage and snuck by. He inherited third position and held onto it for several laps before Ryan Dungey passed him and relegated him to fourth. That finish puts the young rider in championship contention heading into his hometown race in Phoenix, AZ this weekend.
"I'm just really happy to get that one out of the way," said Chris. "I feel like I have a lot more speed than I showed this weekend. I rode really tight all day for some reason. Things came around a little bit for me in the final but I'm looking forward to the rest of the series. I want to get on that podium."
The team rookie, Sean Borkenhagen, made his first main event in as many tries and crossed the line in twelfth position. It was an impressive finish by the rookie and the best by any first-year rider on the gate.
"It was an amazing feeling to finally be out there," said Sean. "I've dreamed of racing supercross my whole life and it's finally happening. I'm stoked with the way things went and I just want to build off that from here on out."
Steve Boniface is the lone 450 rider on the team and he turned some heads on Saturday night. After finishing a strong fourth in his heat race, Boniface looked poised to impress in the final. He came out of the first turn in third position but it wouldn't last long. Steve was hit in turn two and knocked down with Mike Alessi and several other riders. He would remount eventually and finish seventeenth. It was certainly not a result that is indicative of his talent. Look for Steve to rebound with a top ten finish soon.
The Troy Lee Designs/Honda race team would like to thank all of the amazing companies that have supported our racing efforts over the years. We would also like to welcome our new sponsors that will be an integral part of the crew in years to come. Among those are Seaspan, Avia, Skullcandy, Rossignol, Kasey Kahne Racing and Icon Aircraft. These companies have come onboard for 2009 and we are excited about working with them.
We would also like to acknowledge the sponsors that are returning this year. Those include American Honda, Wings for Life, PPG, Pacific Collision Centers, Couts Heating and Cooling, Dunlop, VP Racing Fuels, Pro Circuit, Pro Honda Oils, Renthal, ODI, Excel, RK, N-Style, Selle Italia, Alpinestars, Jimmy Vasser, Cornwell Tools, Cumberland, Cycra, Malcolm Smith, Flexfit, Hinson, Leatt Brace, Light Speed, MetTec, Momo, Muc-Off, QTM, Talon Hubs and Twin Air. We could not go racing without you. Thank you for your support of the Troy Lee Designs Race Team.
We would also like to acknowledge Mid-Cities Honda for their continued support of Sean Borkenhagen.
The series continues this Saturday, January 10 at Chase Field in Phoenix, AZ. For more information visit: www.supercrossonline.com.
- 29.09.2014 : Willoughby and Pajon Victorious at Chula Vista BMX | BMX - Chula Vista, CA
- 12.09.2014 : Healing Hancock Fights Back | Speedway - Vojens, Denmark
- 11.09.2014 : Juan Pablo Montoya Excited About 2015 IndyCar Potential | IndyCar
- 11.09.2014 : Catching Up With Nathan Bles 2014 | Motocross - Canada
- 10.09.2014 : Between The Motos: Tyler Keefe | Motocross/Supercross - Racer X Interview
- 09.09.2014 : Race Recap: Toby Price's 2014 Season | Off-Road - Australia
- 09.09.2014 : Women on Bikes Series - Leigh Donovan | MTB - Life on Two Wheels Interview
- 09.09.2014 : TLD / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Signs Amateur Standout Sean Cantrell | Corona, CA
- 08.09.2014 : Interview: Luca Cometti | MTB MAG Interview
- 08.09.2014 : Red Bull District Ride: Victory of Brandon Semenuk | Freeride MTB - Nuremberg, Germany