Troy Lee Designs Pre-Race Report: Long Beach Grand Prix
LBGP - Long Beach, CA
The weekend will also include the 37th edition of the Toyota Pro/Celebrity Race. Celebrities will be battling professional drivers in the all-new, race-prepared Scion FR-S vehicles.
There will also be the Motegi Racing Super Drift Challenge, which will be presented under the lights; the Stadium Super Truck Exhibition Race; the Tequila Patron American Le Mans Series Race; the Firestone Indy Lights; and the Pirelli World Challenge Championship.
About 175,000 people are expected to attend the three-day event, which in addition to racing, will also feature Tecate Light concerts and the Miss Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach Pageant.
Saturday, April 20:
Toyota Pro/Celebrity Race - 11:40am-12:40pm
A 10-lap sprint for charity on Saturday starring glamorous Hollywood television and movie stars, along with sports heroes and musicians versus professional race car drivers in identically prepared Scions!
An actor best known for his role as Jasper Hale in the Twilight movie series, and who can be seen donning Troy Lee Designs casual wear on the Facebook web series Aim High, will be competing in Saturday's Pro/Celebrity race for charity.
Tequlia Patron American Le Mans Series Race - 4:30am-6:30pm
Five classes of the most advanced, exotic sports cars on the planet battle on Saturday afternoon in a two-hour shootout featuring suspenseful passes, driver changes and battles for position in almost every corner! You’ll see Ferraris, Porsches, Corvettes, Aston Martins, BMWs and Lotus race with the futuristic-looking Le Mans Prototypes.
Both of the Troy Lee Designs supported Extreme Speed Motorsports Tequlia Patron cars, No. 01 piloted by Scott Sharp and Guy Cosmo and the No. 02 piloted by Ed Brown and Johannes van Overbeek, will compete for the top spot in the P2 Class.
Actor and driver, Patrick Dempsey, will don his newly custom painted lid from Troy Lee Designs in the No. 27 Tully's Coffee car to represent Dempsey-Del Piero Racing in the GTC Class.
Sunday, April 21:
Robby Gordon OFF-ROAD Stadium SUPER Trucks - 12pm-12:20pm
A 20-minute exhibition race featuring 600-horsepower, V-8 trucks getting airborne over specially constructed metal ramps on Shoreline Drive!
Jeff Ward and Ricky Johnson
Long time racers and friends of Troy Lee Designs, Jeff Ward and Ricky Johnson will compete against the top Stadium Super Truck drivers to get the win in Sunday's race.
The IZOD IndyCar® Series - 1:45pm-3:30pm
Slick new cars with turbocharged engines from Honda and Chevrolet driven by racing royalty like 2012 series champion Ryan Hunter-Reay, former Long Beach winners Helio Castroneves, Dario Franchitti and Will Power, along with Marco Andretti and Graham Rahal thunder through the city streets of Long Beach!
Target Chip Ganassi Racing
Three time Indy 500 Champion Dario Franchitti and teammate Scott Dixon will pilot the No.10 and No. 9 cars, respectively, in their custom Troy Lee Designs painted helmets.
Driver of the No. 12 car, Will Power, and the entire Team Penske Racing pit crew will all be outfitted with custom hand painted helmets from Troy Lee Designs.
Troy Lee Designs recently revamped the color scheme of No. 22 Panther DRR driver Oriol Servia's helmet, while keeping the same design he has become known for intact.
Our very own Troy Lee will be attending the event with special guests Peter Fonda and Chad McQueen, so be sure to keep an eye out for your chance to grab a photo with the group.
Follow @TroyLeeDesigns on Twitter and Instagram for the latest updates on our celebrities and athletes who are competing at and attending the Long Beach Grand Prix.
- 07.03.2014 : Servia to Race Select Races with Rahal Letterman Lanigan | IndyCar - Brownsburg, IN
- 06.03.2014 : Interview: Cole Seely - Replacement Killer | Supercross - TWMX Interview
- 05.03.2014 : Where Are They Now - Dave Cullinan | MTB - Interview
- 05.03.2014 : Troy Lee Designs' Malcolm Stewart to Race Daytona Supercross | Supercross - Corona, CA
- 04.03.2014 : Herfindahl and Joanis Win Pro Finals In Cross-Country and Snocross | Snocross - Warroad, MN
- 03.03.2014 : Honda Red Riders Crowd the Podium in Indianapolis | AMA Supercross - Indianapolis, IN
- 03.03.2014 : SCORE San Felipe 250 Victory Marks Historic Feat For Vildosola Racing | Off-Road - San Felipe, Mexico
- 28.02.2014 : SRAM Announces Formation of SRAM / Troy Lee Designs Mountain Bike Team | Chicago, IL
- 27.02.2014 : Interview: TLD Enduro Rider Bryan Regnier | MTB - France
- 27.02.2014 : Seely Joins Team Honda Muscle Milk in Indianapolis | Supercross - Torrance, CA