Troy Lee Designs Pre-Race Report: Indianapolis 500
IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN
Thirty-three IZOD IndyCar Series drivers will begin the 500 mile, 200 lap race. However, only one will come out victorious as they cross the infamous Yard of Bricks, a 36-inch strip of the Speedway's original bricks, that now marks the start and finish line.
Troy Lee Designs is proud to be the company of choice for custom helmet design and paint to some of the world's fastest racers participating in this legendary event.
Dario Franchitti and Scott Dixon - Target Chip Ganassi Racing
Defending Indy 500 Champion, Dario Franchitti, and teammate, Scott Dixon, will pilot the No. 10 and No. 9 TCGR cars, respectively, in their custom Troy Lee Designs painted lids.
Oriol Servia - Panther DRR
Troy Lee Designs revamped the color scheme of No. 22 Panther DRR driver Oriol Servia's helmet shortly before Long Beach, and it looked so good on track that we decided to keep it similar, only swapping the colors from one side to the other.
Will Power - Team Penske Racing
Fans will see new matte black look for the helmet of No. 12 Team Penske car driver, Will Power, at this weekend's race, with the same red accents that correlate with the car.
J.R. Hildebrand - National Guard Panther Racing
American J.R. Hildebrand is making his return to the Troy Lee Designs family with a very special helmet design for The Greatest Spectacle in Racing, the Indy 500.
Troy introduced J.R. to legendary actor Peter Fonda at the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach, and they immediately hit it off. Soon, all three men began talking collaborations for the Indy 500. They decided it only appropriate for an American-born driver - on Memorial Day weekend and driving a National Guard car - to be outfitted with a helmet modeled after the iconic Stars and Stripes open face Peter is so known for wearing in the movie, 'Easy Rider'. So we made it happen.
Team Penske Racing Pit Crew
In addition to keeping the drivers safe in style, Troy Lee Designs also provides custom helmets for the Team Penske Racing Pit Crew.
Be sure to follow @TroyLeeDesigns on Twitter and Instagram for updates on our drivers.
For more from the teams and drivers, connect with their social media channels:
Target Chip Ganassi Racing:
Twitter - @TCGRTeams
Twitter - @dariofranchitti
Twitter - @scottdixon9
Twitter - @PantherDRR / Instagram - @pantherdrr
Twitter - @OriolServia / Instagram - @OriolServia
Team Penske Racing:
Twitter - @penskeracing / Instagram - @penskeracing
Twitter - @12WillPower / Instagram - @12willpower
National Guard Panther Racing:
Twitter - @NationalGuard @PantherRacing / Instagram - @nationalguard @pantherracing
Twitter - @JRHildebrand / Instagram - @jrhildebrand
Indianapolis 500 Starting Lineup
1. Ed Carpenter (#20) Ed Carpenter Racing
2. Carlos Munoz (#26) Andretti Autosport
3. Marco Andretti (#25) Andretti Autosport
4. EJ Viso (#5) Andretti Autosport
5. AJ Allmendinger (#2) Team Penske
6. Will Power (#12) Team Penske
7. Ryan Hunter-Reay (#1) Andretti Autosport
8. Helio Castroneves (#3) Team Penske
9. James Hinchcliffe (#27) Andretti Autosport
10. JR Hildebrand (#4) Panther Racing
11. Alex Tagliani (#98) Barracuda Racing
12. Tony Kanaan (#11) KV Racing Technology
13. Oriol Servia (#22) Panter DRR
14. Justin Wilson (#19) Dale Coyne Racing
15. Sebastien Bourdais (#7) Dragan Racing
16. Scott Dixon (#9) Chip Ganassi Racing
17. Dario Franchitti (#10) Chip Ganassi Racing
18. Takuma Sato (#14) A.J Foyt Enterprises
19. Charlie Kimball (#83) Chip Ganassi Racing
20. James Jakes (#16) Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing
21. Simon Pagenaud (#77) Schmidt Hamilton Motorsports
22. Townsend Bell (#60) Panther Racing
23. Ryan Briscoe (#8) Chip Ganassi Racing
24. Simona De Silvestro (#78) KV Racing Technology
25. Josef Newgarden (#21) Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing
26. Graham Rahal (#15) Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing
27. Sebastian Saavedra (#6) Dragon Racing
28. Tristan Vautier (#55) Schmidt Peterson Motorsports
29. Ana Beatriz (#18) Dale Coyne Racing
30. Pippa Mann (#63) Dale Coyne Racing
31. Conor Daly (#41) A.J Foyt Enterprises
32. Buddy Lazier (#91) Lazier Partners Racing
33. Katherine Legge (#81) Schmidt Peterson Motorsports
- 23.09.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Hosts Successful Wheels 4 Life Fundraiser | Company - Laguna Beach, CA
- 23.09.2015 : That Winning Feeling: Jessy Nelson Talks USGP Victory | Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 22.09.2015 : 250 Words: Troy’s Boys On Glen Helen USGP | Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 21.09.2015 : Gritty USGP Performance For Kirk Gibbs | Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 21.09.2015 : Troy Lee Designs on Top of the World at Glen Helen USGP | Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 18.09.2015 : Billy Laninovich - Molding Tomorrow’s Racers | Motocross - TWMX Interview
- 15.09.2015 : Daniel Sanders On Top of the World in ISDE E3 Division | Enduro - Kosice, Slovakia
- 14.09.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Launches All New Adventure Line For 2016 | Company - Corona, CA
- 11.09.2015 : Unsung Hero: Derek Schuster | Motocross - Canada
- 08.09.2015 : Count Me In - Jessy Nelson Talks MXGP Of USA | MXGP - Glen Helen, CA