Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda Team Quick in Texas
AMA Motocross - Wortham, TX
Freestone County Raceway was the site of round three in the Lucas Oil AMA Motocross Championships last weekend. The Troy Lee Designs/Lucas Oil/Honda team was coming off a great set of second motos in Sacramento and looking to show that those results were no fluke. In Texas, Jake Moss qualified seventh quickest, besting many factory riders and setting himself up for a good result.
In the first 450 moto, both Moss and his teammate Chris Blose were inside the top ten and it looked like they were going to back up their top ten rides from the prior weekend. But a crash for Moss and arm pump for Blose would sabotage the moto.
The second moto went much better as both riders once again pulled great starts. This time, however, they intended top hold onto the positions. In the grueling Texas heat and humidity Jake and Chris finished eighth and twelfth after running as high as fifth for much of the moto.
Chris Blose had this to say about his race:
"My starts are good and my speed is getting better at each race. I've been dealing with some health issues, including an ear infection this weekend and it will be good to have a couple weekends off now. I'm going to be ready when the next round comes up."
"I just need to put two motos together," said Moss of his weekend. Adding, "I have the speed to run in the top ten and my fitness is there. I just need to stay out of trouble on the opening laps and keep it on two wheels. I keep getting closer each weekend so it will happen soon."
Blose and Moss ended the day in thirteenth and fifteenth overall. It was another strong end to the weekend and both riders are confident that they will only get better as the season goes on.
In the 250 class, Sean Borkenhagen put in two consistent motos to end the day in fifteenth position. While it was not the breakthrough ride that Sean was hoping for, the young Huntington Beach, CA rider continues to improve his craft and will find himself in the top ten soon.
The next stop for the Troy Lee Designs/Lucas Oil/Honda team is the Thunder Valley National in Denver, CO. Look for all the team riders to be up front when the gate drops there on June 27th. And be sure to come meet the team in Colorado at the Fay Meyers autograph signing on Friday, June 26th.
The Troy Lee Designs/Lucas Oil/ PPG/ Honda race team would like to thank all of the amazing companies that have supported our racing efforts over the years. We would also like to welcome our new sponsors that will be an integral part of the crew in years to come. Among those are Lucas Oil, Seaspan, Avia, SKULLCANDY, EPIC, Rossignol, Kasey Kahne Racing and Icon Aircraft. These companies have come onboard for 2009 and we are excited about working with them.
We would also like to acknowledge the sponsors that are returning this year. Those include American Honda, Wings for Life, PPG, Pacific Collision Centers, Couts Heating and Cooling, Dunlop, VP Racing Fuels, Pro Circuit, Renthal, ODI, Excel, RK, N-Style, Selle Italia, Alpinestars, Jimmy Vasser, Cornwell Tools, Cumberland, Cycra, Malcolm Smith, Flexfit, Hinson, Leatt Brace, Light Speed, MetTec, Momo, Muc-Off, QTM, Talon Hubs, CRF's Only and Twin Air. We could not go racing without you. Thank you for your support of the Troy Lee Designs Race Team.
We would also like to acknowledge Mid-Cities Honda for their continued support of Sean Borkenhagen.
- 26.05.2015 : Austin Dillon Dominates Nascar Xfinity Race At Charlotte | NASCAR - Charlotte, NC
- 26.05.2015 : Juan Pablo Montoya Outduels Power To Indianapolis 500 Victory | IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN
- 26.05.2015 : TLD / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM’s Nelson Makes First Podium Appearance at Glen Helen | AMA Pro Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 25.05.2015 : Seely’s Hard Charging Earned the TLD Rider First Top-10 Finish in the 450 Class | AMA Pro Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 22.05.2015 : Fredrik Noren to Fill In for Injured Trey Canard | AMA Pro Motocross - Torrance, CA
- 21.05.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Announces New Distributor in Mexico | Playas De Tijuana, Mexico
- 21.05.2015 : Catching Up With Westen Wrozyna | Interview - Canada
- 19.05.2015 : Scott Dixon Earns Pole Position for 99th Indianapolis 500 | IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN
- 19.05.2015 : TLD’s Seely Walks Out of Hangtown with Eyes on Glen Helen | AMA Pro Motocross - Sacramento, CA
- 18.05.2015 : TLD / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Riders Tackle Round 1 at Hangtown | AMA Pro Motocross - Sacramento, CA