Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda Earns Top Ten in Texas
AMA Motocross - Wortham, TX
Round two of the Lucas Oil AMA Motocross series is in the books and the Troy Lee Designs team had a strong showing. The weather was cooler than in years past and the track was well-prepped and made for good racing.
In the 250 division TLD rookie Jessy Nelson displayed his starting skills by pulling two big holeshots in only his second pro race ever. Nelson would hold the lead for four laps in the opening moto and eventually drop to seventh as he continues to learn the nuances of professional racing. His second moto holeshot was shorter lived but Jessy held on to ninth for seventh overall, his first top ten finish.
"This was a good building weekend for me," said Jessy. "If I can keep getting starts like that it will be a good summer!"
Travis Baker had a crash in the opening moto and could only get back to 18th position at the finish. Moto two saw Travis with a better start and a tenth place for 13th overall. Travis is due for a pair of good starts and a solid top ten soon.
Billy Laninovich had another tough weekend and finished 20-23 on the day. Billy is still adjusting to life on the 450 and if he can get a good start he will post a solid finish.
In WMX action Tarah Geiger made it tough for herself by crashing twice in the opening moto and finishing seventh. In the second moto Tarah was pressuring for the lead and lost her front end in a turn. She managed to still get a 4th in the moto and fourth overall on the day.
Take a few laps at Texas with Travis Baker, courtesy of GoPro:
Make your way to Denver, Colorado this weekend to see the Troy Lee Designs team fight for podium finishes at Thunder Valley Raceway.
TLD would like to thank all of our team sponsors: Lucas Oil, American Honda, PPG, Red Bull, Adidas, Oakley, Seaspan, Fender®, Dunlop, Renthal, Alpinestars, ODI, McQueen Racing, Hot Wheels, GoPro, Shock Doctor, Pro Circuit, Showa, VQ OrthoCare, Couts Heating & Cooling, Specialized, Kasey Kahne, N-Style, VP Racing Fuels, DubyaUSA, Moto Tassinari, PixelMags, ARC, Braking, Boyesen, Cycra, Mammoth Mountain, DID, Dirt Star, Hinson, Twin Air, Pacific Collision Centers, Sports Care Center, Elrod Racing, and New Era.
- 20.08.2014 : Will Power Dominates at The Milwaukee Mile 2014 | IndyCar - Milwaukee, WI
- 20.08.2014 : Raceline Pirelli Suzuki Back on Track for Gladstone | Motocross - Gladstone, Queensland, Australia
- 20.08.2014 : Rain Check: Jessy Nelson Grabs His First Moto Win | AMA Motocross - Crawfordsville, IN
- 19.08.2014 : Team Target Claims Two Top-Five Finishes at Milwaukee 2014 | IndyCar - Milwaukee, WI
- 19.08.2014 : Semenuk Becomes Most Decorated Athlete in Crankworx Slopestyle History | Freeride MTB - Whistler, Canada
- 18.08.2014 : Troy Lee Designs Score First National Motocross Win in Indiana Mud | AMA Motocross - Crawfordsville, IN
- 15.08.2014 : Interview: Curtis Keene Speaks on Racing, His Career and More | Enduro - Whistler, Canada
- 15.08.2014 : Inside the Mind of Whistler's Brandon Semenuk | Freeride MTB - Interview
- 12.08.2014 : TLD / MavTV / Honda's Malcolm Stewart Continues Road to Recovery | AMA Motocross - Corona, CA
- 11.08.2014 : Open Mic: Fredrik Noren After Unadilla | AMA Motocross - New Berlin, NY