Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda Cuts Through Steel City
AMA Motocross - Delmont, PA
There was a new face under the Troy Lee Designs tent this weekend: Three time Canadian national champion Colton Facciotti. Colton was filling in for the injured Christian Craig in the 450 class while Cole Seely was the lone 250 rider and Tarah Gieger represented in the WMX division.
Facciotti rode well in his debut moto with the team. After getting a good start and running towards the front of the pack for the entire moto, Colton finished the first moto in tenth position. It was a good starting point for the reigning Canadian champ and he was eager to better that finish. In the second moto he found himself again around tenth position and while attempting a pass with only a few laps left he tipped over and lost several spots. He would end the moto 13th and close the day at 12 overall.
"It was a pretty good day," said Facciotti of his first ride with the team. "I know I can improve my results and I’m headed to Pala with that in mind. The TLD team has been great and this has been a great experience so far. I’m looking forward to next weekend."
Tarah Gieger once again rode well and finished with another overall podium. In the first moto she was able to hold off Ashley Fiolek and finish second behind Patterson. She would cross the line in third in moto two and finish third overall on the day.
Cole Seely fought through a bad case of the flu over the weekend. He probably shouldn't have been racing but he gritted his teeth and went for it anyway. His first moto was a struggle in the 100-degree heat. He did his best but failed to score any points, finishing just outside the top twenty. The next moto went a little better but it was really just forty minutes of survival for Cole. He was never so happy to see a checkered flag at the end of that day.
The team is back in California this week preparing for the season finale at Pala Raceway. It’s been a long, eventful year for the crew with plenty of ups and downs. Seely will shake his illness before Saturday, Tarah will be swinging for the fences and Colton will be trying one last time to leave a good impression with American fans and team managers. If you plan to attend the finale please stop by and meet the team. And if you happen to stick around after the race be sure to swing by and celebrate a great 2011 race season with us. See you there.
Colton and Cole are wearing the GP Speedshop gear; Tarah is wearing the Women's GP VooDoo gear; both are part of our 2012 Collection, available at your local retailer.
TLD would like to thank all of our team sponsors: Lucas Oil, American Honda, PPG, Red Bull, SillyBrandz Global, Adidas, Specialized, BioLytical Labs, Dunlop, McQueen Racing, VQ OrthoCare, Shock Doctor, Skullcandy, Renthal, Oakley, Alpinestars, Pro Circuit, Primm MX Collection, Couts Heating & Cooling, Selle Italia, N-Style, VP Racing Fuels, Boyesen, ODI, DID, Rossignol, Pacific Collision Centers, Muc-Off, Kasey Kahne, Elrod Racing, New Era, Leatt, Cycra, Hammerhead, Hinson, Light Speed, Moto Tassinari, Twin Air, Talon, QTM, and EPIC Action Camera.
- 17.04.2014 : Race Rewind: Cole Seely Interview at Seattle SX 2014 | Supercross - MotoXAddicts Interview
- 17.04.2014 : TLD Now Offering FreeWheelin™ Bluetooth® Audio System for Bicycle Helmets | Company - Corona, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Patrick Long Finishes 5th at Long Beach 2014 | TUSCC - Long Beach, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Team Target Comes Up Just Short on the Streets of Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Power and Montoya Both Finish In Top-5 at Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 14.04.2014 : Cole Seely Steals a Win in Seattle | Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda in Seattle
- 14.04.2014 : Scott Pruett and Memo Rojas Victorious at Long Beach | TUSCC - Long Beach, CA
- 14.04.2014 : Monday Conversation: Cole Seely After Seattle SX | Supercross - Racer X Interview
- 14.04.2014 : TLD Athletes Have Exceptional Weekend in Multiple Disciplines and Events | Company - Corona, CA
- 11.04.2014 : Troy Lee Designs Pre-Race Report: Long Beach Grand Prix 2014 | Auto Racing - Long Beach, CA