Troy Lee Designs Kicks MX Season Off at Hangtown
AMA Motocross - Sacramento, CA
The opening round of the Lucas Oil AMA Motocross Nationals blasted off this weekend and the Troy Lee Designs Team was there to fly the TLD flag. With Cole Seely and Christian Craig still mending injuries it was up to Billy Laninovich, Travis Baker, Jessy Nelson and Tarah Geiger to post results for the team.
Tarah Geiger ripped the quickest lap in WMX qualifying grabbing the top spot. She would gate poorly in the opening moto and fight her way to third by the finish. The second moto she started near the front and moved into second position early in the race. She made a run at the lead but lost a spot late in the race for third and third overall on the day.
"This is a good start for me," said Geiger. "At one point I was really looking good to get the overall but I couldn't get to the front in moto two. I scored good points though and we will move on to the next round and try to get a win there."
In the 250 class, Baker and Nelson qualified 9th and 10th earning good gate positions for the moto. Baker started just outside the top ten in the opening moto but struggled to find his rhythm and dropped to 15th. Nelson came from mid-pack to eleventh and then fell. He would go down two more times and finish thirteenth at the checkers.
In moto two Baker rode better and scored a twelfth, which put him thirteenth overall on the day. Nelson went down in the first turn and could only get back to seventeenth at the end of the race for sixteenth overall in his pro debut.
Billy Laninovich had a rough weekend. The talented rider could not get his starts figured out and posted 21-24 moto finishes for 26th overall. Billy is really looking to pull a tear-off and put Hangtown behind him.
The team now heads for the sweltering heat of Texas and the Freestone National this Saturday. The Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda team will be there looking to leave their mark. Be sure to stop by and say hi to the team.
TLD would like to thank all of our team sponsors: Lucas Oil, American Honda, PPG, Red Bull, Adidas, Oakley, Seaspan, Fender®, Dunlop, Renthal, Alpinestars, ODI, McQueen Racing, Hot Wheels, GoPro, Shock Doctor, Pro Circuit, Showa, VQ OrthoCare, Couts Heating & Cooling, Specialized, Kasey Kahne, N-Style, VP Racing Fuels, DubyaUSA, Moto Tassinari, PixelMags, ARC, Braking, Boyesen, Cycra, Mammoth Mountain, DID, Dirt Star, Hinson, Twin Air, Pacific Collision Centers, Sports Care Center, Elrod Racing, and New Era.
- 30.03.2015 : Seely Keeps Up Momentum in St. Louis with Fourth Place | AMA Supercross - St. Louis, MO
- 25.03.2015 : Post Claims 5th Straight Elite Women's U.S. National Champion Title | BMX - Rock Hill, SC
- 25.03.2015 : Christian Brothers Racing Wraps Up 2014-2015 Season At Lake Geneva Snocross | Snocross - Lake Geneva, WI
- 24.03.2015 : TLD’s Seely Makes It Back-To-Back Podium Finishes in Detroit | AMA Supercross - Detroit, MI
- 20.03.2015 : Top 5 for Vildosola Racing in the Polaris RZR Mint 400 | Mint 400 - Las Vegas, NV
- 18.03.2015 : Transworld Motocross Race Series Profile: Max Lee | Motocross - Riverside, CA
- 17.03.2015 : Lusty Industries KTM Team Riders Top 5 at Melbourne Enduro-X | Australian Enduro-X - Melbourne, Australia
- 16.03.2015 : TLD’s Seely Returns to the Podium in Indianapolis | AMA Supercross - Indianapolis, IN
- 16.03.2015 : Toby Price Finishes Second In Melbourne Enduro-X | Australian Enduro-X - Melbourne, Australia
- 16.03.2015 : Top 5 For The 5: Kasey Kahne Finishes 4th At Phoenix | NASCAR - Phoenix, AZ