Troy Lee Designs Athletes Take Honors at X Games
X Games 18 - Los Angeles, CA
16 Athletes, 7 Medals, 4 Days, 1 World Record, 1 Brand - Troy Lee Designs
Troy Lee Designs has a successful weekend in Los Angeles during X Games 18. Of the 16 athletes representing TLD at this year's event, 7 were able to walk away with medals around their necks.
X Games kicked off on Thursday night with the Moto X Freestyle Final, and the crowd watched as Javier Villegas battled his way to 3rd overall to take home the bronze medal.
Saturday drew a huge crowd with a total of 7 finals and one World Record attempt taking place throughout the day. Team Hot Wheels drivers Tanner Foust and Greg Tracy made history with the completion of the Double Loop Dare on Saturday afternoon. TLD's Tarah Gieger and Livia Lancelot rode their way to 2nd and 3rd, respectively, in the Women's Moto X Racing Final, and Nate Adams claimed 2nd place in the Moto X Speed and Style Final later that night.
Sunday marked the last day of X Games 18 in Los Angeles, and Ken Block made it count by driving to a 2nd place finish with only 3 tires entirely intact in the Rallycross Final. The Men and Women's Moto X Enduro finals wrapped up the day, and TLD's Cory Graffunder and Chantelle Bykerk both took home the bronze medals.
Other athletes that represented Troy Lee Designs throughout the weekend included Dany Torres (Moto X Freestyle), Chad Kagy (BMX Big Air and BMX Vert), Austin Coleman (BMX Vert), Billy Laninovich (Best Whip), Tatum Sik (Women's Moto X Racing), Kyle Redmond (Moto X Enduro X) and Robbie Maddison (injured in practice for Moto X Speed & Style).
Congratulations to all of the TLD athletes that participated in this event.
About X Games:
The X Games are bringing Action Sports to YOU and people all around the world. With events in the United States, France, China, and more, it's a place where the worlds best athletes, craziest fans, and biggest brands all come together... welcome to the X Games!
About Troy Lee Designs:
For 30 years, Troy Lee has been customizing helmets "For The World's Fastest Racers." TLD's relentless commitment to creating products that exceed the cutting edge of style, design and quality, has earned them the reputation as an innovator in many different fields of racing. Troy Lee Designs has since expanded into a full force operation, offering a complete line of helmets, apparel and premium protection for off-road motorcycling and bicycling, as well as seasonal lines of sportswear and accessories. Based in Corona, California, Troy Lee Designs has a global network of distributors.
- 16.11.2015 : Bud-Racing’s Lillie SX Race Report | Moto - Lillie, France
- 06.11.2015 : Shane McElrath Injured in Practice | Moto - Corona, CA
- 17.10.2015 : TLD Athletes on top at RedBull Rampage | Bike - Virgin, UT
- 23.09.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Hosts Successful Wheels 4 Life Fundraiser | Company - Laguna Beach, CA
- 23.09.2015 : That Winning Feeling: Jessy Nelson Talks USGP Victory | Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 22.09.2015 : 250 Words: Troy’s Boys On Glen Helen USGP | Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 21.09.2015 : Gritty USGP Performance For Kirk Gibbs | Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 21.09.2015 : Troy Lee Designs on Top of the World at Glen Helen USGP | Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 18.09.2015 : Billy Laninovich - Molding Tomorrow’s Racers | Motocross - TWMX Interview
- 15.09.2015 : Daniel Sanders On Top of the World in ISDE E3 Division | Enduro - Kosice, Slovakia