Troy Lee Delivers A Double Whammy at 'Night of Fire!'
Castrol Raceway - Edmonton
Local favorite, Tim Boychuk won his first Nitro Jam event at Castrol Raceway in front of thousands of fans who packed every inch of the Edmonton facility to witness the SMS/Komatsu "Night of Fire" at the IHRA River Cree Resort and Casino Rocky Mountain Nitro Jam Nationals presented by MOPAR and E3 Spark Plugs.
Boychuk claimed his first Nitro Jam win at his home track in the new Prostalgia Nitro Funny Car category winning the first of of his two Ironman trophies of the weekend and set IHRA World Records for et and top speed.
In the Final Round Saturday night, Tim went up against fellow Canadian Todd Lesenko. There was little doubt of the outcome as Boychuk got the jump early and cruised to an easy victory, running a weekend best 5.850 elapsed time at 243.72 miles-per-hour.
"What an incredible weekend. To win in front of these incredible fans and right here in my backyard is unbelievable. Hopefully we can go out and add another Ironman or two tomorrow," Boychuk said.
Boychuk continued his reign of terror on Sunday, Day 2 in the Final Round against fellow Canadian Andy Beauchemin. Boychuk ran a Nitro Jam best 5.810 elapsed time at 247.38 miles-per-hour to take home the win, besting Beauchemin's 5.998-second lap.
"We are just amazed at how well the car is running. The way it is tuned and the way it runs is just excellent. We just keep getting better and better," Boychuk said. "To win the trophies and to set track and IHRA records is just bonus to a great weekend."
Tim took home two Ironman trophies walking away from his home track with an incredible two victories, two world records and nearly every track record in the Prostalgia Nitro Funny Car category.
- 22.04.2015 : Alise Post Grabs 2nd at Manchester BMX | BMX - Manchester, England
- 21.04.2015 : Scott Dixon wins Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 21.04.2015 : CGRT Claims SportsCar Showcase Runner-Up Finish in Long Beach | SportsCar - Long Beach, CA
- 21.04.2015 : Lusty / TLD / KTM Riders Excel In A Tough Hedley Round | Off-Road - Victoria, Australia
- 20.04.2015 : 'My Weekend Was…' With Cole Seely - Santa Clara SX Recap | AMA Supercross - Santa Clara, CA
- 20.04.2015 : The Play-By-Play of Shane McElrath’s Race Day in Santa Clara | AMA Supercross - Santa Clara, CA
- 16.04.2015 : Chip Ganassi Racing Report: Indy Grand Prix of Louisiana | IndyCar - Avondale, LA
- 15.04.2015 : Team Penske's Castroneves Podiums in Louisiana | IndyCar - Avondale, LA
- 14.04.2015 : Lusty Industries / KTM’s Gibbs Shows His Mettle To Extend Nationals Lead | Motocross - Sydney, Australia
- 14.04.2015 : Kasey Kahne Finishes 8th At Texas | NASCAR - Fort Worth, TX