Troy Lee Delivers A Double Whammy at 'Night of Fire!'
Castrol Raceway - Edmonton
Local favorite, Tim Boychuk won his first Nitro Jam event at Castrol Raceway in front of thousands of fans who packed every inch of the Edmonton facility to witness the SMS/Komatsu "Night of Fire" at the IHRA River Cree Resort and Casino Rocky Mountain Nitro Jam Nationals presented by MOPAR and E3 Spark Plugs.
Boychuk claimed his first Nitro Jam win at his home track in the new Prostalgia Nitro Funny Car category winning the first of of his two Ironman trophies of the weekend and set IHRA World Records for et and top speed.
In the Final Round Saturday night, Tim went up against fellow Canadian Todd Lesenko. There was little doubt of the outcome as Boychuk got the jump early and cruised to an easy victory, running a weekend best 5.850 elapsed time at 243.72 miles-per-hour.
"What an incredible weekend. To win in front of these incredible fans and right here in my backyard is unbelievable. Hopefully we can go out and add another Ironman or two tomorrow," Boychuk said.
Boychuk continued his reign of terror on Sunday, Day 2 in the Final Round against fellow Canadian Andy Beauchemin. Boychuk ran a Nitro Jam best 5.810 elapsed time at 247.38 miles-per-hour to take home the win, besting Beauchemin's 5.998-second lap.
"We are just amazed at how well the car is running. The way it is tuned and the way it runs is just excellent. We just keep getting better and better," Boychuk said. "To win the trophies and to set track and IHRA records is just bonus to a great weekend."
Tim took home two Ironman trophies walking away from his home track with an incredible two victories, two world records and nearly every track record in the Prostalgia Nitro Funny Car category.
- 03.09.2015 : Race Recap: Kirk Gibbs Talks 2015 Title | MX Nationals - Coolum, Australia
- 03.09.2015 : Colton Facciotti Crowned King of Walton | Motocross - Walton, Canada
- 01.09.2015 : Kirk Gibbs Takes MX Nationals Championship | Motocross - Coolum, Australia
- 01.09.2015 : Dixon Comes From Behind To Win 2015 IndyCar Championship | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA
- 28.08.2015 : Oriol Servia to Drive Justin Wilson's No. 25 Car in IndyCar Finale | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA
- 27.08.2015 : Alise Post 1st, Sam Willoughby 3rd at Sweden BMX | BMX - Angelholm, Sweden
- 26.08.2015 : Juan Montoya: Job To Do But With Sadness in Heart | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA
- 24.08.2015 : TLD’s Jessy Nelson Closes 2015 Championship With a Podium in Indiana | AMA Pro Motocross - Crawfordsville, IN
- 24.08.2015 : TLD's Aaron Gwin Clinches 2015 DH MTB World Cup Championship Title | MTB - Val di Sole, Italy
- 21.08.2015 : Semenuk Revels In The Glory Of 3rd Consecutive Red Bull Joyride Win | Freeride MTB - Whistler, Canada