Troy Lee Delivers A Double Whammy at 'Night of Fire!'
Castrol Raceway - Edmonton
Local favorite, Tim Boychuk won his first Nitro Jam event at Castrol Raceway in front of thousands of fans who packed every inch of the Edmonton facility to witness the SMS/Komatsu "Night of Fire" at the IHRA River Cree Resort and Casino Rocky Mountain Nitro Jam Nationals presented by MOPAR and E3 Spark Plugs.
Boychuk claimed his first Nitro Jam win at his home track in the new Prostalgia Nitro Funny Car category winning the first of of his two Ironman trophies of the weekend and set IHRA World Records for et and top speed.
In the Final Round Saturday night, Tim went up against fellow Canadian Todd Lesenko. There was little doubt of the outcome as Boychuk got the jump early and cruised to an easy victory, running a weekend best 5.850 elapsed time at 243.72 miles-per-hour.
"What an incredible weekend. To win in front of these incredible fans and right here in my backyard is unbelievable. Hopefully we can go out and add another Ironman or two tomorrow," Boychuk said.
Boychuk continued his reign of terror on Sunday, Day 2 in the Final Round against fellow Canadian Andy Beauchemin. Boychuk ran a Nitro Jam best 5.810 elapsed time at 247.38 miles-per-hour to take home the win, besting Beauchemin's 5.998-second lap.
"We are just amazed at how well the car is running. The way it is tuned and the way it runs is just excellent. We just keep getting better and better," Boychuk said. "To win the trophies and to set track and IHRA records is just bonus to a great weekend."
Tim took home two Ironman trophies walking away from his home track with an incredible two victories, two world records and nearly every track record in the Prostalgia Nitro Funny Car category.
- 18.04.2014 : Leduc Focused On Pro 4 Competition For Lake Elsinore | LOORRS - Lake Elsinore, CA
- 17.04.2014 : Race Rewind: Cole Seely Interview at Seattle SX 2014 | Supercross - MotoXAddicts Interview
- 17.04.2014 : TLD Now Offering FreeWheelin™ Bluetooth® Audio System for Bicycle Helmets | Company - Corona, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Patrick Long Finishes 5th at Long Beach 2014 | TUSCC - Long Beach, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Team Target Comes Up Just Short on the Streets of Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Power and Montoya Both Finish In Top-5 at Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 14.04.2014 : Cole Seely Steals a Win in Seattle | Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda in Seattle
- 14.04.2014 : Scott Pruett and Memo Rojas Victorious at Long Beach | TUSCC - Long Beach, CA
- 14.04.2014 : TLD Athletes Have Exceptional Weekend in Multiple Disciplines and Events | Company - Corona, CA
- 14.04.2014 : Monday Conversation: Cole Seely After Seattle SX | Supercross - Racer X Interview