Tomac Takes Five: 4 National Titles plus Jr. World Champ
Ponca, Lorettas, & FIM Jr. Worlds
Ponca City NMA Grand National Championship
Ponca City, Oklahoma, USA
Air Nautiques AMA Amateur National MX Championship
Loretta Lynn's Ranch - Hurricane Mills, TN, USA
FIM Jr. World MX Championship
Taupo, New Zealand
Eli Tomac recently scored multiple championships at Ponca City, Loretta Lynn's and then capped it off with a FIM Jr. World MX Championship title in New Zealand against the world's best.
The Amsoil Factory Connection Honda pilot started it all off with a pair of aces at Ponca City in the 250F Non Pro Open class, and the Schoolboy class. He then went on down to Loretta's and tore up the tough Tennessee track with 6 straight convincing moto wins en route to claiming the 250 B MOD title and the Schoolboy 2 title.
These 2 AMA Loretta Lynn's titles marked his 7 and 8 championships at the LL Ranch. He is also on a 3rd straight year running of claiming double titles! That's six straight for the young man at the ranch!
Not yet done with the summer tour, Eli headed down to New Zealand (where it was late winter) to represent the USA in the FIM Jr. World MX Championship. Eli did not disappoint the stars and stripes as he bested Europe, Australia, New Zealand and the rest of the planet's fastest MX Jr. pilots (under 19yrs of age).
The new FIM Junior World Champion was a favorite already before the event by setting some fast times in practice and coming off dominating performances recently in the U.S.A. Tomac said: "It was nice to compete in New Zealand. Thanks to the organizer for preparing this wonderfully sick track, it was good even in the wet. I think I haven't realized yet, but I just became the World Champion! Thanks also to my sponsors, my family, my mechanic, and everybody who helped me get this result. A special thanks also goes out to the AMA, Factory Connection Honda, Honda New Zealand and the Townley family for making this international travel and racing possible."
Eli will now be moving up to the A class for the rest of the 2009 schedule. Watch for him to make the jump up to the pro ranks at some point in 2010.
Wow what a season! C-ya at the fall races!
- Team Tomac
- 22.04.2015 : Alise Post Grabs 2nd at Manchester BMX | BMX - Manchester, England
- 21.04.2015 : Scott Dixon wins Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 21.04.2015 : CGRT Claims SportsCar Showcase Runner-Up Finish in Long Beach | SportsCar - Long Beach, CA
- 21.04.2015 : Lusty / TLD / KTM Riders Excel In A Tough Hedley Round | Off-Road - Victoria, Australia
- 20.04.2015 : 'My Weekend Was…' With Cole Seely - Santa Clara SX Recap | AMA Supercross - Santa Clara, CA
- 20.04.2015 : The Play-By-Play of Shane McElrath’s Race Day in Santa Clara | AMA Supercross - Santa Clara, CA
- 16.04.2015 : Chip Ganassi Racing Report: Indy Grand Prix of Louisiana | IndyCar - Avondale, LA
- 15.04.2015 : Team Penske's Castroneves Podiums in Louisiana | IndyCar - Avondale, LA
- 14.04.2015 : Lusty Industries / KTM’s Gibbs Shows His Mettle To Extend Nationals Lead | Motocross - Sydney, Australia
- 14.04.2015 : Kasey Kahne Finishes 8th At Texas | NASCAR - Fort Worth, TX