Tomac Takes Five: 4 National Titles plus Jr. World Champ
Ponca, Lorettas, & FIM Jr. Worlds
Ponca City NMA Grand National Championship
Ponca City, Oklahoma, USA
Air Nautiques AMA Amateur National MX Championship
Loretta Lynn's Ranch - Hurricane Mills, TN, USA
FIM Jr. World MX Championship
Taupo, New Zealand
Eli Tomac recently scored multiple championships at Ponca City, Loretta Lynn's and then capped it off with a FIM Jr. World MX Championship title in New Zealand against the world's best.
The Amsoil Factory Connection Honda pilot started it all off with a pair of aces at Ponca City in the 250F Non Pro Open class, and the Schoolboy class. He then went on down to Loretta's and tore up the tough Tennessee track with 6 straight convincing moto wins en route to claiming the 250 B MOD title and the Schoolboy 2 title.
These 2 AMA Loretta Lynn's titles marked his 7 and 8 championships at the LL Ranch. He is also on a 3rd straight year running of claiming double titles! That's six straight for the young man at the ranch!
Not yet done with the summer tour, Eli headed down to New Zealand (where it was late winter) to represent the USA in the FIM Jr. World MX Championship. Eli did not disappoint the stars and stripes as he bested Europe, Australia, New Zealand and the rest of the planet's fastest MX Jr. pilots (under 19yrs of age).
The new FIM Junior World Champion was a favorite already before the event by setting some fast times in practice and coming off dominating performances recently in the U.S.A. Tomac said: "It was nice to compete in New Zealand. Thanks to the organizer for preparing this wonderfully sick track, it was good even in the wet. I think I haven't realized yet, but I just became the World Champion! Thanks also to my sponsors, my family, my mechanic, and everybody who helped me get this result. A special thanks also goes out to the AMA, Factory Connection Honda, Honda New Zealand and the Townley family for making this international travel and racing possible."
Eli will now be moving up to the A class for the rest of the 2009 schedule. Watch for him to make the jump up to the pro ranks at some point in 2010.
Wow what a season! C-ya at the fall races!
- Team Tomac
- 29.09.2014 : Willoughby and Pajon Victorious at Chula Vista BMX | BMX - Chula Vista, CA
- 12.09.2014 : Healing Hancock Fights Back | Speedway - Vojens, Denmark
- 11.09.2014 : Juan Pablo Montoya Excited About 2015 IndyCar Potential | IndyCar
- 11.09.2014 : Catching Up With Nathan Bles 2014 | Motocross - Canada
- 10.09.2014 : Between The Motos: Tyler Keefe | Motocross/Supercross - Racer X Interview
- 09.09.2014 : Race Recap: Toby Price's 2014 Season | Off-Road - Australia
- 09.09.2014 : Women on Bikes Series - Leigh Donovan | MTB - Life on Two Wheels Interview
- 09.09.2014 : TLD / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Signs Amateur Standout Sean Cantrell | Corona, CA
- 08.09.2014 : Interview: Luca Cometti | MTB MAG Interview
- 08.09.2014 : Red Bull District Ride: Victory of Brandon Semenuk | Freeride MTB - Nuremberg, Germany