TLD / Seaspan / PPG / Honda Dominates Arenacross in Reno
Jake Moss Goes Four for Four!
During the long break in the west region 250 supercross series two of the Troy Lee Designs Honda riders made their way to Reno while the AMA Arenacross series was visiting the west coast. Jake Moss and Sean Borkenhagen were looking to do all the racing they could since Moss was returning from injury and Borkenhagen is in the midst of his rookie season and looking to gain experience. Neither of them had ever competed in the arenacross series so they weren't sure what to expect.
They adapted well, apparently, and stunned everyone by delivering the first two-class sweep of the season. Jake Moss checked out early for the win in the first lites main and "Borky" followed him in for third to round out the podium. In the premier arenacross class, Moss again moved to the front early and pulled a huge lead en route to the victory.
"This feels so great to get a win," exclaimed Moss. "It's been a lot of work returning from the back injury I had and this is a big confidence booster for me. I can't thank the team and my mechanic enough for all their support."
Borkenhagen was equally excited about his first night's results.
"This feels so awesome to be up on the podium," said Borky. Adding, "I'm just trying to get as much racing experience as I can before the supercross series comes back to the west coast. This event has been great and I'm having a blast."
Moss kept his win streak going on Saturday by winning his heat races and both main events once again. The feat rarely happens in arenacross racing due to the competitive nature of the series and this is the first time a rider has swept all the weekend's main events this year.
Borkehagen had a big crash in his heat race and had to get some stitches in his chin. He returned from the hospital just in time for the lites main event though and he decided to ride! He soldiered through the race and finished, despite have a major cut and some loose teeth.
The entire Troy Lee Designs/ Seaspan /PPG /Honda team is now focused on the last three rounds of the west region supercross series. Seattle is the next round on April 18th and the TLD squad will be out in force with Chris Blose, Jake Moss, Sean Borkenhagen and Jimmy Albertson who is just returning from in jury. Expect big things when the team hits the great northwest next month.
The Troy Lee Designs Seaspan PPG Honda race team would like to thank all of the amazing companies that have supported our racing efforts over the years. We would also like to welcome our new sponsors that will be an integral part of the crew in years to come. Among those are Seaspan, Avia, Skullcandy, Rossignol, Kasey Kahne Racing and Icon Aircraft. These companies have come onboard for 2009 and we are excited about working with them.
We would also like to acknowledge the sponsors that are returning this year. Those include American Honda, Wings for Life, PPG, Pacific Collision Centers, Couts Heating and Cooling, Dunlop, VP Racing Fuels, Pro Circuit, Pro Honda Oils, Renthal, ODI, Excel, RK, N-Style, Selle Italia, Alpinestars, Jimmy Vasser, Cornwell Tools, Cumberland, Cycra, Malcolm Smith, Flexfit, Hinson, Leatt Brace, Light Speed, MetTec, Momo, Muc-Off, QTM, Talon Hubs, CRF's Only and Twin Air. We could not go racing without you. Thank you for your support of the Troy Lee Designs Race Team.
We would also like to acknowledge Mid-Cities Honda for their continued support of Sean Borkenhagen.
- 30.01.2015 : Justin Jones Tops Bud Light SCORE San Felipe 250 | Off-Road - Baja, Mexico
- 28.01.2015 : Brandon Semenuk Slopestyle/Freeride Athlete of the Year | MTB - Pinkbike Awards
- 28.01.2015 : Christian Brothers Racing Wins Gold at Winter X Games 2015 | Snowmobile Hillcross - Aspen, CO
- 28.01.2015 : Tye Simmonds Scores 1st Place Finish at Deep Well MX | Off-Road - Alice Springs, Australia
- 26.01.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Rider Cole Seely Grabs Season Best Finish in Fifth | AMA Supercross - Oakland, CA
- 26.01.2015 : Chip Ganassi Racing Wins Record Sixth Rolex 24 At Daytona | Rolex 24 Hours - Daytona Beach, FL
- 24.01.2015 : Nelson Passes a Dozen Riders En Route to a Top 10 Finish | AMA Supercross - Oakland, CA
- 23.01.2015 : Scott Pruett Aims for Record Sixth Win at Rolex 24 Endurance Race | TUDOR - Daytona Beach, FL
- 23.01.2015 : Lusty Industries Athletes Long and Simmonds Take On Deep Well MX | Motocross - Alice Springs, Australia
- 22.01.2015 : ESM’s 2015 Worldwide Season Starts at Home & the Rolex 24 | WEC & TUDOR - Riviera Beach, FL