TLD Riders Star in MTB Film: Where The Trail Ends
TLD Headquarters - Corona, CA
Troy Lee Designs is proud to announce its involvement with the long awaited mountain bike film "Where the Trail Ends" produced by Red Bull Media House/Freeride Entertainment. This spectacular film will premiere, worldwide, at the Interbike Trade Show in September 2012.
"We are so honored to be part of this film," says Troy Lee. "We were lucky enough to be part of this film since it’s inception a few years ago. Through TLD riders like Cam Zink, who stars in the film, I heard stories of the incredible journeys and adventures these guys have been part of and I really wanted to be a part of the project capturing this all on film. The end result is an amazing movie that will stand the test of time and become, what I believe, an iconic film for the sport of mountain biking.”
To help promote the film, Troy Lee Designs is offering limited edition "Where the Trail Ends" co-branded clothing, DVD copies of the movie, posters and commemorative stickers. Watch for these items at your local TLD retailer and at troyleedesigns.com
A new era of action sports films in the 21st century will spin further into the future with the release of Where The Trail Ends this fall. Produced by Red Bull Media House, in association with Freeride Entertainment, the movie is set to be a global cycling spectacle unlike anything ever captured on film. A teaser for the film was recently released, and a full trailer unlocked and available to view on www.wherethetrailends.com.
Where The Trail Ends was crafted over three years with the most advanced filmmaking and sound equipment ever used in the outdoor adventure sport genre. The film immerses viewers in an extraordinary chronicle of exploration, chaos and culture, set amongst some of the globe's most harrowing and remote natural landscapes.
Inspired by Red Bull Media House's extraordinary The Art of Flight snowboarding documentary, this is the soul and science of exploration as defined by two wheels. "The experience of making the film is something viewers will see first-hand. It's the story of what it took to get there. And what it was like to experience the ultimate ride," says rider Darren Berrecloth, considered one of the world's preeminent freeriders. "We went into regions almost entirely unknown. We often never knew whether we'd succeed or fail, or worse."
Veterans of Freeride's heralded 10-year New World Disorder film series, athletes and production crews were left physically, mentally and emotionally exhausted after the film's expeditions to dispatches amongst the Andean foothills of Salta, Argentina, China's Gobi Desert, Nepal's near-secret Mustang region, the towering shorelines of British Columbia's Fraser River and Virgin, Utah -- big mountain freeriding's punishing proving grounds and birthplace.
Freeride's crews created the project's remarkably compelling tone, footage and narrative using the highest performance tools in film as well as an array of transportation and perspectives, from jet boats, helicopters and fixed wing aircraft, to the riders themselves. Partnerships with Contour, hands-free HD video cameras, and Specialized Bikes were vital to the project's success.
"This is a story coming from the riders themselves," remarked Geoff Rogers, Specialized Sports Marketing Manager. "It's authentic and innovative, the way it should be."
Where The Trail Ends' storyline follows professional mountain bikers Berrecloth, Cameron Zink, Kurt Sorge, James Doerfling, Andreu Lacondeguy and another half dozen of the world's top freeriders on a timeless adventure charting the course to the sport's uncompromised destiny.
- 10.03.2014 : Honda Red Riders Score Valuable Points at Daytona | AMA Supercross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 10.03.2014 : Kasey Kahne Takes 8th in Las Vegas | NASCAR - Las Vegas, NV
- 07.03.2014 : Servia to Race Select Races with Rahal Letterman Lanigan | IndyCar - Brownsburg, IN
- 06.03.2014 : Interview: Cole Seely - Replacement Killer | Supercross - TWMX Interview
- 05.03.2014 : Where Are They Now - Dave Cullinan | MTB - Interview
- 05.03.2014 : Troy Lee Designs' Malcolm Stewart to Race Daytona Supercross | Supercross - Corona, CA
- 04.03.2014 : Herfindahl and Joanis Win Pro Finals In Cross-Country and Snocross | Snocross - Warroad, MN
- 03.03.2014 : Honda Red Riders Crowd the Podium in Indianapolis | AMA Supercross - Indianapolis, IN
- 03.03.2014 : SCORE San Felipe 250 Victory Marks Historic Feat For Vildosola Racing | Off-Road - San Felipe, Mexico
- 28.02.2014 : SRAM Announces Formation of SRAM / Troy Lee Designs Mountain Bike Team | Chicago, IL