TLD / Red Bull / Honda's Jeff Ward Extends Points Lead
AMA Supermoto - Las Vegas, NV
The main event at South Point Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas was shaping up to be a barn-burner. Ward and Mark Burkhart came into the race tied for the points lead with French rider Sylvain Bidart trailing by one. Early in the main event Ward and Burkhart were going back and forth for the third spot with Bidart right behind them.
Then, just before the midway point in the race, Burkhart went down. Ward took advantage of the situation and put as much ground as he could between himself and his championship rival. At the checkers Wardy was third, Bidart was fourth and Burkhart was seventh.
The series now takes a break until September where the Salt Lake City and Mammoth Mountain rounds finish up the series. Jeff holds a three point lead over Bidart and a five point lead over Mark Burkhart heading into the break.
The Troy Lee Designs/ Red Bull/ Honda Supermoto team now sets it's sights on the Summer X Games which is set to take place on August 1st in Los Angeles. Jeff Ward is the reigning gold medal winner and he will look to earn his third medal this summer.
- 21.05.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Announces New Distributor in Mexico | Playas De Tijuana, Mexico
- 21.05.2015 : Catching Up With Westen Wrozyna | Interview - Canada
- 19.05.2015 : Scott Dixon Earns Pole Position for 99th Indianapolis 500 | IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN
- 19.05.2015 : TLD’s Seely Walks Out of Hangtown with Eyes on Glen Helen | AMA Pro Motocross - Sacramento, CA
- 18.05.2015 : TLD / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Riders Tackle Round 1 at Hangtown | AMA Pro Motocross - Sacramento, CA
- 13.05.2015 : Mitchell Oldenburg Gets a Shot With Troy Lee Designs | AMA Motocross - Corona, CA
- 12.05.2015 : Willoughby Steals UCI BMX Supercross World Cup Series Lead | BMX - Papendal, Netherlands
- 12.05.2015 : Patrick Butler Joins Lusty Industries Australian Downhill Team | Downhill MTB - NSW, Australia
- 08.05.2015 : Interview with SRAM | TLD Racing's Russell Finsterwald | Cross-Country MTB
- 08.05.2015 : Castroneves To Celebrate 300th Race and 40th Birthday at GP of Indy | IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN