TLD / Red Bull / Honda's Jeff Ward Extends Points Lead
AMA Supermoto - Las Vegas, NV
The main event at South Point Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas was shaping up to be a barn-burner. Ward and Mark Burkhart came into the race tied for the points lead with French rider Sylvain Bidart trailing by one. Early in the main event Ward and Burkhart were going back and forth for the third spot with Bidart right behind them.
Then, just before the midway point in the race, Burkhart went down. Ward took advantage of the situation and put as much ground as he could between himself and his championship rival. At the checkers Wardy was third, Bidart was fourth and Burkhart was seventh.
The series now takes a break until September where the Salt Lake City and Mammoth Mountain rounds finish up the series. Jeff holds a three point lead over Bidart and a five point lead over Mark Burkhart heading into the break.
The Troy Lee Designs/ Red Bull/ Honda Supermoto team now sets it's sights on the Summer X Games which is set to take place on August 1st in Los Angeles. Jeff Ward is the reigning gold medal winner and he will look to earn his third medal this summer.
- 30.07.2014 : Chris Holder Ready To Race Bydgoszcz | Speedway - Bydgoszcz, Poland
- 29.07.2014 : Ken Block Dominates Global Rallycross Charlotte | Rallycross - Charlotte, NC
- 29.07.2014 : Sam Willoughby Wins 2014 BMX World Cup Championships | BMX - Rotterdam, Netherlands
- 29.07.2014 : Toby Price On Top As Tri-Series Continues | Off Road - Carnarvon, Australia
- 28.07.2014 : Troy Lee Designs Top Ten In Washington | AMA Motocross - Washougal, WA
- 28.07.2014 : Brendan Fairclough Succeeds in Lenzerheide | DH MTB - Lenzerheide, Switzerland
- 28.07.2014 : Honda Muscle Milk Top Ten at Washougal | AMA Motocross - Washougal, WA
- 25.07.2014 : Simply Perfect Pole Position for ESM on National Patrón Tequila Day | TUSC - Indianapolis, IN
- 25.07.2014 : Hancock's Stormer In Sweden | Speedway GP - Motala, Sweden
- 24.07.2014 : Johnny and CJ Greaves Pull Pro-2 / Pro-4 Sweep at Bark River | TORC - Bark River, MI