TLD Participates in Biggest Rolex 24 Fundraising Campaign for CTF at Daytona
Auto Racing - Daytona Beach, FL
The unprecedented Children’s Tumor Foundation Racing4Research effort at the season-opening event is anchored by five competing race cars and 21 drivers in the featured Rolex 24 At Daytona. Additionally, two teams and four drivers will provide the weekend’s opening fundraising effort in Friday’s IMSA Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge three-hour race.
The Children's Tumor Foundation (CTF) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to finding effective treatments for the millions of people worldwide living with neurofibromatosis – known simply as NF. The CTF’s unique Racing4Research (R4R) program raises funds and awareness for NF research through a diverse racing program that is annually highlighted by a Rolex 24 At Daytona effort.
[Donations to CTF Racing4Research can be made directly at www.Racing4Research.org.]
The full-color flagships of this year’s campaign are the No. 73 Children’s Tumor Foundation/Racing4Reseach Park Place Motorsports Porsche 911 GT America team and popular actor and professional race car driver Patrick Dempsey and his Dempsey Racing Porsche team. Both the No. 73 Porsche and Dempsey himself will literally be wearing bright and vibrant colors inspired by a signature piece of work from highly-acclaimed 20-year-old artist and “NF Hero” Jeffrey Owen Hanson.
Hanson’s original painting – appropriately titled ’A Day at Daytona’ – has been amazingly transformed into the No. 73 Porsche’s eye-catching livery. Dempsey in turn will proudly carry the same vivid hues throughout the Rolex 24 weekend on a custom helmet that features Hanson’s artwork interlaid within the familiar “ram’s horn” design Dempsey has worn the last few seasons. This one-of-a-kind edition has been donated by Bell Racing Helmets and painted by Troy Lee Designs.
Even better, and in cooperation with Porsche Cars North America (PCNA), both Hanson’s original painting and Dempsey’s helmet will be auctioned to benefit this year’s CTF/R4R campaign at the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance, March 7 – 9. The No. 73 Park Place Porsche will be on display at the event and further CTF plans with Porsche include the production of a limited-edition 1/43-scale diecast collectible of the “art car,” an official Porsche item in brand packaging that will be available in mid-March.
The Rolex 24 At Daytona airs live beginning at 2 p.m. EST/10 a.m. PST on FOX this Saturday, January 25, with two hours of race-opening action. At 4 p.m. EST/1 p.m. PST coverage continues on sister station FOX Sports 2 until 9 p.m. EST/6 p.m. PST. For the overnight hours live images, in-car cameras and announcers will stream on www.IMSA.com. On Sunday, January 26, beginning at 7 a.m. EST/4 a.m. PST, FOX Sports 1 takes over the coverage and continues through the end of the race and post-race festivities, concluding at 3 p.m./12 p.m. PST. Motor Racing Network (MRN) will also air flag-to-flag radio coverage, streaming live at www.MRN.com.
- 30.01.2015 : Justin Jones Tops Bud Light SCORE San Felipe 250 | Off-Road - Baja, Mexico
- 28.01.2015 : Brandon Semenuk Slopestyle/Freeride Athlete of the Year | MTB - Pinkbike Awards
- 28.01.2015 : Christian Brothers Racing Wins Gold at Winter X Games 2015 | Snowmobile Hillcross - Aspen, CO
- 28.01.2015 : Tye Simmonds Scores 1st Place Finish at Deep Well MX | Off-Road - Alice Springs, Australia
- 26.01.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Rider Cole Seely Grabs Season Best Finish in Fifth | AMA Supercross - Oakland, CA
- 26.01.2015 : Chip Ganassi Racing Wins Record Sixth Rolex 24 At Daytona | Rolex 24 Hours - Daytona Beach, FL
- 24.01.2015 : Nelson Passes a Dozen Riders En Route to a Top 10 Finish | AMA Supercross - Oakland, CA
- 23.01.2015 : Scott Pruett Aims for Record Sixth Win at Rolex 24 Endurance Race | TUDOR - Daytona Beach, FL
- 23.01.2015 : Lusty Industries Athletes Long and Simmonds Take On Deep Well MX | Motocross - Alice Springs, Australia
- 22.01.2015 : ESM’s 2015 Worldwide Season Starts at Home & the Rolex 24 | WEC & TUDOR - Riviera Beach, FL