TLD / Lucas Oil / Honda Stays on Podium at Anaheim 3
Wil Hahn 3rd in Supercross Lites
Wil Hahn, and the entire Troy Lee Designs/ Lucas Oil/ Honda team came into last Saturday night's race with one goal on their mind, a "Win." With a crowd of more than 34,000 on hand at Anaheim Stadium for round 6 of the AMA Supercross Series, Wil continued to show improvement with his starts and speed.
Wearing TLD Pink GP Air "Bolt" Gear in support of Breast Cancer awareness, Wil was the quickest qualifier during the day and posted a solid second in his heat race right behind series leader Jake Weimer. Everything looked to be in place for Wil to get the first win of his career.
When the gate dropped for the main event, it was Wil who crossed the chalk line ahead of the field to capture his first Spike Holeshot Award of the year. He held the lead for a couple of laps while dueling with the likes of Weimer, Tickle and eventually winner Trey Canard. Fifteen laps later, Wil crossed the line in third place collecting his third podium finish of the season.
"I'm just not happy with the way I rode in that main event," said Wil as he exited the podium. "That was the perfect opportunity to get my first win and I just didn't capitalize on it. I finally got the start I needed and then I didn't ride the way I should have. The Troy Lee Designs/ Lucas Oil/ Honda team has been working really hard and hopefully we can put it all together before the season is over. I know we all want to get a win this year."
Cole Seely watched round six from the sidelines after dislocating his left hip in a practice crash during the week. He'll be on crutches for a couple weeks and should be riding again in three to four weeks. Cole was just coming off a career-best second place ride in San Diego. Look for the #200 to return to action at the Seattle round in eight weeks time.
Within the pits, Troy Lee Designs and The Keep A Breast Foundation teamed up to raise awareness for breast cancer. On display were beautifully designed breast casts with Supercross Announcers Erin Bates and Ashley Phillips, which are to be auctioned off for the non-profit during an online auction ending Thursday, February 25th.
- 29.05.2015 : TLD Canada / Honda Canada / GDR Set To Bring Home Championship Titles | Motocross - Ontario Canda
- 28.05.2015 : Eighth for Jerome Clementz in EWS#2 Ireland | Enduro MTB - Glenealy, Ireland
- 26.05.2015 : Austin Dillon Dominates Nascar Xfinity Race At Charlotte | NASCAR - Charlotte, NC
- 26.05.2015 : Juan Pablo Montoya Outduels Power To Indianapolis 500 Victory | IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN
- 26.05.2015 : TLD’s Nelson Makes First Podium Appearance at Glen Helen | AMA Pro Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 25.05.2015 : Seely’s Hard Charging Earned the TLD Rider First Top-10 Finish in the 450 Class | AMA Pro Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 22.05.2015 : Fredrik Noren to Fill In for Injured Trey Canard | AMA Pro Motocross - Torrance, CA
- 21.05.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Announces New Distributor in Mexico | Playas De Tijuana, Mexico
- 21.05.2015 : Catching Up With Westen Wrozyna | Interview - Canada
- 19.05.2015 : Scott Dixon Earns Pole Position for 99th Indianapolis 500 | IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN