TLD / Lucas Oil / Honda Riders Run up Front in Maryland
AMA Motocross - Budds Creek, MD
The hot and humid weather at Budds Creek Raceway didn't stop Ben Townley and Wil Hahn from having impressive rides at round four of the Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship. Even team rookie, Cole Seely, logged his best overall finish outdoors with an eleventh place.
Ben Townley opened the day with a solid ride in moto one of the 450 class. After working his way up to fourth position, Townley looked to have a firm grasp of the position. Then, with only a few laps to go, something went wrong. Townley began to slow and would lose time and positions due to a malfunctioning fuel pump. The fluke incident dropped Ben from fourth to fourteenth by the time the race was over. He came out firing in moto two and again charged towards the front, this time settling into the third spot. Josh Grant would challenge for the position late in the race but Ben held on to put his TLD/ Lucas Oil/ Honda ride up on the podium and earn the Muscle Milk Recovery Ride of the Day award.
"It feels good to end the day on the podium," said Townley. "I've not been able to put two solid motos together yet, riding the way I know how to ride and that is frustrating. Today was just one of those things that happens sometimes in racing. I feel like I was in good position to be on the podium overall but it will have to wait. Colorado will be tough but if we can have a good week I think we can accomplish our goal there."
Wil Hahn continues his hot streak off the gate by running near the front in the first 250 moto. He proved that he is fit enough and fast enough to run at the front by holding fifth position down in the first moto. The second moto was even more impressive as Wibur pulled a big holeshot and led the first several laps of the race. He would drop to fourth by hold off Christophe Pourcel for fourth in the moto, an impressive ride for the Texan. Wil's 5-4 motos landed him fifth overall on the day.
Cole Seely struggled with his endurance in the heat but still went 13-11 for eleventh overall on the day. The talented rider is still learning what it takes to compete at the absolute highest level of motocross racing.
You can come meet the team at round five of the Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship in Denver, Colorado this weekend.
- 30.07.2014 : Chris Holder Ready To Race Bydgoszcz | Speedway - Bydgoszcz, Poland
- 29.07.2014 : Ken Block Dominates Global Rallycross Charlotte | Rallycross - Charlotte, NC
- 29.07.2014 : Sam Willoughby Wins 2014 BMX World Cup Championships | BMX - Rotterdam, Netherlands
- 29.07.2014 : Toby Price On Top As Tri-Series Continues | Off Road - Carnarvon, Australia
- 28.07.2014 : Troy Lee Designs Top Ten In Washington | AMA Motocross - Washougal, WA
- 28.07.2014 : Brendan Fairclough Succeeds in Lenzerheide | DH MTB - Lenzerheide, Switzerland
- 28.07.2014 : Honda Muscle Milk Top Ten at Washougal | AMA Motocross - Washougal, WA
- 25.07.2014 : Simply Perfect Pole Position for ESM on National Patrón Tequila Day | TUSC - Indianapolis, IN
- 25.07.2014 : Hancock's Stormer In Sweden | Speedway GP - Motala, Sweden
- 24.07.2014 : Johnny and CJ Greaves Pull Pro-2 / Pro-4 Sweep at Bark River | TORC - Bark River, MI