TLD / Lucas Oil / Honda Riders Fill The Podium at San Diego
Seely 2nd, Hahn 3rd in Supercross Lites
Once again, Wil Hahn, Cole Seely and the entire Troy Lee Designs/ Lucas Oil/ Honda team proved they are a force to be reckoned with. "There's really only one place to go from here," was the comment Troy Lee, team owner, made after last Saturday night's race inside Qualcomm Stadium at round 5 of AMA Supercross Series in San Diego, California. His riders fought hard for second and third place podium finishes, running some of the quickest lap times of the night in the process. The entire crew is now narrowing its focus on getting a win before the season ends.
Wil Hahn started the night off right by making his move into the lead on lap three and easily riding to victory, claiming his first heat race win of the season. His teammate Cole Seely went down early in the heat, a victim of the slimy track conditions early in the night. He was up quickly and worked his way into seventh by the end. It wasn't where he wanted to be but it would put him into the final.
The main event saw both of the Troy Lee Designs/ Lucas Oil/ Honda riders round turn one side-by-side near seventh and eighth positions. Seely sprinted his way towards the front and found himself in third in the early stages of the race. At one point Cole was looking to set up a pass second while Wil was steadily making his way to the Cole's back tire. With two laps to go the teammates began an epic duel that would prove to be the most exciting part of the race. They passed each other back and forth several times, making contact in the process as they wrestled for position. Hahn made a last ditch effort in the last turn but it was Seely getting the nod for second by a scant five one-hundredths of a second at the line. With both team riders on the podium [a feat not accomplished by any other lites team this year] it was a milestone night for the team.
"This doesn't even feel real right now," said an elated Seely. "I've been working so hard and just wanting to get on the box so I am just pumped to be standing here in second. The whole team has worked so hard so it feels great that it's paying off for all of us."
Wil Hahn was not quite as happy with his night. "Man, I just didn't get the start I wanted and then I honestly feel like I didn't ride that well tonight," Hahn explained. "I just don't like feeling like I left anything on the track and that's the way I feel right now. Still, to be standing on the podium at the end of a bad night isn't too bad I guess. I moved closer to second in the standings and I know what I need to do for next weekend."
The Troy Lee Designs/ Lucas Oil/ Honda team now heads back to Angel Stadium in Anaheim, CA for the sixth round of the series. This race will be dedicated to those living with Breast Cancer. Troy Lee Designs will be doing their part to help raise awareness by wearing special "pink" gear and partnering with Keep A Breast Foundation. Both Wil and Cole will once again be battling for the podium and one step closer to a race win.
The Troy Lee Designs Lucas Oil Honda race team would like to thank all of the companies that have supported our racing efforts over the years. They include Lucas Oil, American Honda, Red Bull, PPG, Wings for Life, Alpinestars, Avia, Couts Heating and Cooling, Dunlop, Epic Action Video Cam, Leatt Brace, McQueen Racing, Oakley, Pacific Collision, Pro Circuit, Rossignol, Santa Cruz, Selle Italia, Skullcandy, All Sport Dynamics, Cycra, Fasthouse, Flexfit, Hinson Clutch, Hot Wheels, Kahne Racing, Light Speed, Muc-Off, N Style, Nameplate, ODI, Primm, QTM, Renthal, RK Chain, Excel, Twin Air, Vasser Racing and VP Racing.
- 22.04.2015 : Alise Post Grabs 2nd at Manchester BMX | BMX - Manchester, England
- 21.04.2015 : Scott Dixon wins Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 21.04.2015 : CGRT Claims SportsCar Showcase Runner-Up Finish in Long Beach | SportsCar - Long Beach, CA
- 21.04.2015 : Lusty / TLD / KTM Riders Excel In A Tough Hedley Round | Off-Road - Victoria, Australia
- 20.04.2015 : 'My Weekend Was…' With Cole Seely - Santa Clara SX Recap | AMA Supercross - Santa Clara, CA
- 20.04.2015 : The Play-By-Play of Shane McElrath’s Race Day in Santa Clara | AMA Supercross - Santa Clara, CA
- 16.04.2015 : Chip Ganassi Racing Report: Indy Grand Prix of Louisiana | IndyCar - Avondale, LA
- 15.04.2015 : Team Penske's Castroneves Podiums in Louisiana | IndyCar - Avondale, LA
- 14.04.2015 : Lusty Industries / KTM’s Gibbs Shows His Mettle To Extend Nationals Lead | Motocross - Sydney, Australia
- 14.04.2015 : Kasey Kahne Finishes 8th At Texas | NASCAR - Fort Worth, TX