TLD / Lucas Oil / Honda comes out swinging at Anaheim 1
AMA Supercross - Anaheim, CA
The 2010 AMA Supercross Series kicked off this past weekend at Angel Stadium in Anaheim, CA, and Team Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda came out swinging.
No. 49 Wil Hahn showed everyone that he is for real by posting the fastest lap time of the night in his heat race. His 57.6 on the final lap of heat two would stand throughout the night as the quickest lap by any 250 rider. Wil worked his way from a bad start in the heat to finish fifth. In the main event Hahn once again fought his way from just outside the top ten into fifth position. His final result was not a clear picture of just how fast he was riding. Wil was pleased with the way he rode but far from satisfied by his result.
"I just didn't get the start I needed," said Hahn. Adding, "Once I got going I was pulling riders in and I felt like I put in good laps. It was a decent start for me and now I know what I need to do to be on the podium next week... get a start. It's that simple."
Cole Seely, No. 200 started his night off well with a solid heat race performance. Unfortunately, Cole didn't get the start he needed in the main event and he had to scratch his way up from the back. Early in the race Seely made contact with another rider while trying to make a pass and went down. He fought back to fourteenth despite a badly bent radiator but was clearly disappointed with his result.
"I got to run at the front a little bit in the heat race so I know my speed is good. I just need to get a good start next week and stay out of trouble on the opening laps. I'm bummed with how I finished this weekend but I'm really looking forward to Phoenix."
Heading into Phoenix next weekend, Wil Hahn has earned 16 points and Cole Seely has earned 7 points.
Team rider No. 72 Christian Craig, who suffered a back injury late last year during testing, is still recovering but he was on hand at the races to sign autographs and support the team. If you would like to donate to the Christian Craig Recovery Fund, visit: www.road2recovery.com
Highlighting a newly forged licensing agreement with Green Light Rights, Troy Lee introduced a Collector's Edition Steve McQueen helmet for the first round of Supercross. On hand for the debut was Steve's son Chad McQueen, his grandson Chase, "On Any Sunday" director Bruce Brown and Malcolm Smith.
The limited edition helmets, to be available in June 2010, were on display at the Troy Lee Designs hospitality area, and also worn by both Wil Hahn and Cole Seely during the heat races and main event.
The Troy Lee Designs Lucas Oil Honda race team would like to thank all of the companies that have supported our racing efforts over the years. They include Lucas Oil, American Honda, Red Bull, PPG, Wings for Life, Alpinestars, Avia, Couts Heating and Cooling, Dunlop, Epic Action Video Cam, Leatt Brace, McQueen Racing, Oakley, Pacific Collision, Pro Circuit, Rossignol, Santa Cruz, Selle Italia, Skullcandy, All Sport Dynamics, Cycra, Fasthouse, Flexfit, Hinson Clutch, Hot Wheels, Kahne Racing, Light Speed, Muc-Off, N Style, Nameplate, ODI, Primm, QTM, Renthal, RK Chain, Excel, Twin Air, Vasser Racing and VP Racing.
The AMA Supercross Series heads to Chase Field in Phoenix, AZ on Saturday, January 16th. For more information visit: www.supercrossonline.com.
- 29.07.2015 : TLD / KTM's Toby Price Takes 5th AORC Crown of His Career | AORC - Kyogle, Australia
- 27.07.2015 : Team TLD Riders All Score Top-10 Finishes at Washougal | AMA Pro Motocross - Washougal, WA
- 27.07.2015 : TLD’s Noren Makes It Three Weekends In A Row With Career-Best Finish | AMA Pro Motocross - Washougal, WA
- 27.07.2015 : Interview: Brandon Semenuk and Rupert Walker - Revel In The Chaos | Freeride MTB - Pinkbike Interview
- 24.07.2015 : TLD's Toby Price Could Wrap Up Fifth AORC Crown This Weekend | AORC - Kyogle, Australia
- 24.07.2015 : Sage Karam Earns First-Career Podium At Iowa 2015 | IndyCar - Newton, IA
- 23.07.2015 : TLD’s Noren Backs Up Career Best Result With Seventh Overall | AMA Pro Motocross - Millville, MN
- 20.07.2015 : TLD’s McElrath Breaks Into Top-10 With Impressive Moto 2 Ride | AMA Motocross - Millville, MN
- 20.07.2015 : KTM Strong Man Kirk Gibbs Braves The Pain At Shepparton | Motocross - Victoria, Australia
- 10.07.2015 : TLD/KTM’s Toby Price Picked Up By Red Bull Factory Rally Team | World Motorcycle Rally Championships