TLD / Lucas Oil / Honda comes out swinging at Anaheim 1
AMA Supercross - Anaheim, CA
The 2010 AMA Supercross Series kicked off this past weekend at Angel Stadium in Anaheim, CA, and Team Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda came out swinging.
No. 49 Wil Hahn showed everyone that he is for real by posting the fastest lap time of the night in his heat race. His 57.6 on the final lap of heat two would stand throughout the night as the quickest lap by any 250 rider. Wil worked his way from a bad start in the heat to finish fifth. In the main event Hahn once again fought his way from just outside the top ten into fifth position. His final result was not a clear picture of just how fast he was riding. Wil was pleased with the way he rode but far from satisfied by his result.
"I just didn't get the start I needed," said Hahn. Adding, "Once I got going I was pulling riders in and I felt like I put in good laps. It was a decent start for me and now I know what I need to do to be on the podium next week... get a start. It's that simple."
Cole Seely, No. 200 started his night off well with a solid heat race performance. Unfortunately, Cole didn't get the start he needed in the main event and he had to scratch his way up from the back. Early in the race Seely made contact with another rider while trying to make a pass and went down. He fought back to fourteenth despite a badly bent radiator but was clearly disappointed with his result.
"I got to run at the front a little bit in the heat race so I know my speed is good. I just need to get a good start next week and stay out of trouble on the opening laps. I'm bummed with how I finished this weekend but I'm really looking forward to Phoenix."
Heading into Phoenix next weekend, Wil Hahn has earned 16 points and Cole Seely has earned 7 points.
Team rider No. 72 Christian Craig, who suffered a back injury late last year during testing, is still recovering but he was on hand at the races to sign autographs and support the team. If you would like to donate to the Christian Craig Recovery Fund, visit: www.road2recovery.com
Highlighting a newly forged licensing agreement with Green Light Rights, Troy Lee introduced a Collector's Edition Steve McQueen helmet for the first round of Supercross. On hand for the debut was Steve's son Chad McQueen, his grandson Chase, "On Any Sunday" director Bruce Brown and Malcolm Smith.
The limited edition helmets, to be available in June 2010, were on display at the Troy Lee Designs hospitality area, and also worn by both Wil Hahn and Cole Seely during the heat races and main event.
The Troy Lee Designs Lucas Oil Honda race team would like to thank all of the companies that have supported our racing efforts over the years. They include Lucas Oil, American Honda, Red Bull, PPG, Wings for Life, Alpinestars, Avia, Couts Heating and Cooling, Dunlop, Epic Action Video Cam, Leatt Brace, McQueen Racing, Oakley, Pacific Collision, Pro Circuit, Rossignol, Santa Cruz, Selle Italia, Skullcandy, All Sport Dynamics, Cycra, Fasthouse, Flexfit, Hinson Clutch, Hot Wheels, Kahne Racing, Light Speed, Muc-Off, N Style, Nameplate, ODI, Primm, QTM, Renthal, RK Chain, Excel, Twin Air, Vasser Racing and VP Racing.
The AMA Supercross Series heads to Chase Field in Phoenix, AZ on Saturday, January 16th. For more information visit: www.supercrossonline.com.
- 16.04.2015 : Chip Ganassi Racing Report: Indy Grand Prix of Louisiana | IndyCar - Avondale, LA
- 15.04.2015 : Team Penske's Castroneves Podiums in Louisiana | IndyCar - Avondale, LA
- 14.04.2015 : Lusty Industries / KTM’s Gibbs Shows His Mettle To Extend Nationals Lead | Motocross - Sydney, Australia
- 14.04.2015 : Kasey Kahne Finishes 8th At Texas | NASCAR - Fort Worth, TX
- 13.04.2015 : Aaron Gwin Takes 1st Place at 2015 DH World Cup Season Opener | DH MTB - Lourdes, France
- 13.04.2015 : Shane McElrath Makes Podium Return in Houston | AMA Supercross - Houston, TX
- 13.04.2015 : 2015 SRAM | Troy Lee Designs Race Team - Meet the Squad | Bicycle - SRAM TLD Race Team
- 13.04.2015 : TLD’s Cole Seely Wins First-Ever 450SX Main Event | AMA Supercross - Houston, TX
- 10.04.2015 : Jessy Nelson To Sit Out Remainder of 2015 Supercross Series | AMA Supercross - Corona, CA
- 06.04.2015 : Greg Hancock Still Hungry for Success | Speedway - Sweden