TLD / Lucas Oil / Honda Announces 2010 Race Team
AMA Supercross / AMA Motocross
Team Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda is proud to announce their 2010 Supercross / Motocross racing team roster. After making huge strides last year the team is again making big moves in their efforts to become one of the premier teams in the sport of motocross. Returning for their second year, Lucas Oil will remain the team's title sponsor for both Supercross and Outdoor Nationals. Leading the squad for this year is former World Champion and 250 supercross champion Ben Townley. Backing him up are Wil Hahn, Cole Seely and Christian Craig.
"This is going to be a big year for us," says team owner Troy Lee. "I feel like we had some good momentum last year; we have some great sponsors on board, and a new group of riders that I know will turn some heads. We can't wait for Anaheim 1."
"We are pleased with the selection of riders for the 2010 TLD/Lucas Oil Team," said Bob Patison, Executive Vice-President of Lucas Oil Products. "The team continues to evolve and I believe that we could see some strong podium finishes in the upcoming season."
Ben Townley is coming off a few seasons with injuries but he is finally 100% healthy and ready to get back to winning races. He'll begin his comeback at home in New Zealand this winter and may follow that up with a few GP's to prepare for the US motocross series. Ben's first race here in the States will be the first national motocross in Sacramento, California in May.
"I'm really excited about this opportunity," says Townley. "This team has surrounded themselves with really good sponsors and people that I trust. I think we are going to do great things together in 2010."
For the West coast Supercross series the team has recruited two very talented young riders. Wil Hahn has been on the cusp of having a breakout season and he's ready to make it happen in 2010. Wil won heat races last year and had a second place finish in Jacksonville after leading for much of the main event. His transition to the Honda has been a smooth one and heads will turn when they see the number 49 machine on the track this year.
"I've never felt this confident or this comfortable on a bike before," says Hahn. "The transition was super-easy and I'm stoked with how hard everyone works over here. This is going to be a big year for me. I can't wait to get to Anaheim and get after it."
Christian Craig was the first rider signed to the team over a month ago. After getting off to a great start, Christian crashed during a practice session and suffered a serious injury to his back. Thankfully, he will make a full recovery and we hope to see him back on the bike some time this summer. Christian's bike will wait for him under the team awning and he will be on hand to sign autographs at select events.
The team's final rider is Cole Seely. Cole is entering his sophomore season way under the radar but with a lot to prove. His rookie season was filled with ups and downs but his flashes of speed were enough to catch our attention. With the support of the team we expect big things out of Cole and he is ready to deliver. He will be sporting the number 200 this year and he will undoubtedly shock people with his ability.
The Troy Lee Designs/ Lucas Oil/Honda team is ready to go racing. With the help of some really amazing sponsors we plan on making this the best year the team has ever had. It's going to be a crazy ride. Be sure to come by the team hauler and say hello if you make it to any of the west coast supercross rounds or motocross nationals.
The Troy Lee Designs Lucas Oil Honda race team would like to thank all of the companies that have supported our racing efforts over the years. They include Lucas Oil, American Honda, Red Bull, Wings for Life, PPG, Seaspan, Alpinestars, Avia, Couts Heating and Cooling, Dunlop, Epic Cameras, McQueen Racing, Oakley, Pacific Collision, Pro Circuit, Rossignol, Santa Cruz, Selle Italia, Skullcandy, Cornwell Tools, Cycra, Leatt Brace, Light Speed, Muc-Off, N Style, Nameplate, ODI, QTM, Talon Hubs, Rethnal, RK Chain, Twin Air, VP Racing, Hinson, Flexfit.
- 30.03.2015 : Seely Keeps Up Momentum in St. Louis with Fourth Place | AMA Supercross - St. Louis, MO
- 30.03.2015 : Montoya Overpowering in 2015 IndyCar Season-Opening Win | IndyCar - St. Petersburg, FL
- 30.03.2015 : Lusty / TLD / KTM’s Kirk Gibbs Takes The Red Plate at MX Nationals Rd. 1 | MX Nationals - Horsham, Victoria, AUS
- 30.03.2015 : TLD / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Race Team Competes in the East | AMA Supercross - Corona, CA
- 25.03.2015 : Post Claims 5th Straight Elite Women's U.S. National Champion Title | BMX - Rock Hill, SC
- 25.03.2015 : Christian Brothers Racing Wraps Up 2014-2015 Season At Lake Geneva Snocross | Snocross - Lake Geneva, WI
- 24.03.2015 : TLD’s Seely Makes It Back-To-Back Podium Finishes in Detroit | AMA Supercross - Detroit, MI
- 20.03.2015 : Top 5 for Vildosola Racing in the Polaris RZR Mint 400 | Mint 400 - Las Vegas, NV
- 18.03.2015 : Transworld Motocross Race Series Profile: Max Lee | Motocross - Riverside, CA
- 17.03.2015 : Lusty Industries KTM Team Riders Top 5 at Melbourne Enduro-X | Australian Enduro-X - Melbourne, Australia