TLD Funny Car Wins NHRA Canadian National Open
Boychuk sets track, national records
Tim Boychuk in the Troy Lee Funny Car Firebird destroyed the competition in the NHRA Northwest Division Canadian National Open at Mission Raceway Park in Mission, B.C.
Boychuk needed only one run to qualify number one with a 5.72, 249mph. A second run was unnecessary as no one could touch this performance.
First Round - Tim did a 5.70 second, 253mph win against Clint Thompson in his "No Laughing Matter" Mustang of Klamath Falls, OR.
This blistering run established the new Mission Raceway AND Canadian national ET and Top Speed records in the Nostalgia Nitro Funny Car category. "This weekend was probably the most overwhelming race week that I've ever had. It was just wonderful to win and set the records," Boychuk said.
Second Round continued the action with the Troy Lee car making a 5.71 ET at 249 beating Tim Nemeth in his "Iceman" Mustang of Chilliwack, BC
And in Final Round Tim won the race with a 5.74 ET at 249 beating Mark Saunders "Mr. Explosive" Nova of Maple Valley, CA.
"We have this car running consistently. And it just keeps getting better and better," co-owner, Ron Hodgson said. "To win the trophy and to set track and national records was the best birthday present I could get."
- 22.04.2015 : Alise Post Grabs 2nd at Manchester BMX | BMX - Manchester, England
- 21.04.2015 : Scott Dixon wins Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 21.04.2015 : CGRT Claims SportsCar Showcase Runner-Up Finish in Long Beach | SportsCar - Long Beach, CA
- 21.04.2015 : Lusty / TLD / KTM Riders Excel In A Tough Hedley Round | Off-Road - Victoria, Australia
- 20.04.2015 : 'My Weekend Was…' With Cole Seely - Santa Clara SX Recap | AMA Supercross - Santa Clara, CA
- 20.04.2015 : The Play-By-Play of Shane McElrath’s Race Day in Santa Clara | AMA Supercross - Santa Clara, CA
- 16.04.2015 : Chip Ganassi Racing Report: Indy Grand Prix of Louisiana | IndyCar - Avondale, LA
- 15.04.2015 : Team Penske's Castroneves Podiums in Louisiana | IndyCar - Avondale, LA
- 14.04.2015 : Lusty Industries / KTM’s Gibbs Shows His Mettle To Extend Nationals Lead | Motocross - Sydney, Australia
- 14.04.2015 : Kasey Kahne Finishes 8th At Texas | NASCAR - Fort Worth, TX