TLD Funny Car Wins NHRA Canadian National Open
Boychuk sets track, national records
Tim Boychuk in the Troy Lee Funny Car Firebird destroyed the competition in the NHRA Northwest Division Canadian National Open at Mission Raceway Park in Mission, B.C.
Boychuk needed only one run to qualify number one with a 5.72, 249mph. A second run was unnecessary as no one could touch this performance.
First Round - Tim did a 5.70 second, 253mph win against Clint Thompson in his "No Laughing Matter" Mustang of Klamath Falls, OR.
This blistering run established the new Mission Raceway AND Canadian national ET and Top Speed records in the Nostalgia Nitro Funny Car category. "This weekend was probably the most overwhelming race week that I've ever had. It was just wonderful to win and set the records," Boychuk said.
Second Round continued the action with the Troy Lee car making a 5.71 ET at 249 beating Tim Nemeth in his "Iceman" Mustang of Chilliwack, BC
And in Final Round Tim won the race with a 5.74 ET at 249 beating Mark Saunders "Mr. Explosive" Nova of Maple Valley, CA.
"We have this car running consistently. And it just keeps getting better and better," co-owner, Ron Hodgson said. "To win the trophy and to set track and national records was the best birthday present I could get."
- 22.05.2015 : Fredrik Noren to Fill In for Injured Trey Canard | AMA Pro Motocross - Torrance, CA
- 21.05.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Announces New Distributor in Mexico | Playas De Tijuana, Mexico
- 21.05.2015 : Catching Up With Westen Wrozyna | Interview - Canada
- 19.05.2015 : Scott Dixon Earns Pole Position for 99th Indianapolis 500 | IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN
- 19.05.2015 : TLD’s Seely Walks Out of Hangtown with Eyes on Glen Helen | AMA Pro Motocross - Sacramento, CA
- 18.05.2015 : TLD / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Riders Tackle Round 1 at Hangtown | AMA Pro Motocross - Sacramento, CA
- 13.05.2015 : Mitchell Oldenburg Gets a Shot With Troy Lee Designs | AMA Motocross - Corona, CA
- 12.05.2015 : Willoughby Steals UCI BMX Supercross World Cup Series Lead | BMX - Papendal, Netherlands
- 12.05.2015 : Patrick Butler Joins Lusty Industries Australian Downhill Team | Downhill MTB - NSW, Australia
- 08.05.2015 : Interview with SRAM | TLD Racing's Russell Finsterwald | Cross-Country MTB