TLD Funny Car Wins NHRA Canadian National Open
Boychuk sets track, national records
Tim Boychuk in the Troy Lee Funny Car Firebird destroyed the competition in the NHRA Northwest Division Canadian National Open at Mission Raceway Park in Mission, B.C.
Boychuk needed only one run to qualify number one with a 5.72, 249mph. A second run was unnecessary as no one could touch this performance.
First Round - Tim did a 5.70 second, 253mph win against Clint Thompson in his "No Laughing Matter" Mustang of Klamath Falls, OR.
This blistering run established the new Mission Raceway AND Canadian national ET and Top Speed records in the Nostalgia Nitro Funny Car category. "This weekend was probably the most overwhelming race week that I've ever had. It was just wonderful to win and set the records," Boychuk said.
Second Round continued the action with the Troy Lee car making a 5.71 ET at 249 beating Tim Nemeth in his "Iceman" Mustang of Chilliwack, BC
And in Final Round Tim won the race with a 5.74 ET at 249 beating Mark Saunders "Mr. Explosive" Nova of Maple Valley, CA.
"We have this car running consistently. And it just keeps getting better and better," co-owner, Ron Hodgson said. "To win the trophy and to set track and national records was the best birthday present I could get."
- 10.03.2014 : Honda Red Riders Score Valuable Points at Daytona | AMA Supercross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 10.03.2014 : Kasey Kahne Takes 8th in Las Vegas | NASCAR - Las Vegas, NV
- 07.03.2014 : Servia to Race Select Races with Rahal Letterman Lanigan | IndyCar - Brownsburg, IN
- 06.03.2014 : Interview: Cole Seely - Replacement Killer | Supercross - TWMX Interview
- 05.03.2014 : Where Are They Now - Dave Cullinan | MTB - Interview
- 05.03.2014 : Troy Lee Designs' Malcolm Stewart to Race Daytona Supercross | Supercross - Corona, CA
- 04.03.2014 : Herfindahl and Joanis Win Pro Finals In Cross-Country and Snocross | Snocross - Warroad, MN
- 03.03.2014 : Honda Red Riders Crowd the Podium in Indianapolis | AMA Supercross - Indianapolis, IN
- 03.03.2014 : SCORE San Felipe 250 Victory Marks Historic Feat For Vildosola Racing | Off-Road - San Felipe, Mexico
- 28.02.2014 : SRAM Announces Formation of SRAM / Troy Lee Designs Mountain Bike Team | Chicago, IL