TLD Funny Car Wins NHRA Canadian National Open
Boychuk sets track, national records
Tim Boychuk in the Troy Lee Funny Car Firebird destroyed the competition in the NHRA Northwest Division Canadian National Open at Mission Raceway Park in Mission, B.C.
Boychuk needed only one run to qualify number one with a 5.72, 249mph. A second run was unnecessary as no one could touch this performance.
First Round - Tim did a 5.70 second, 253mph win against Clint Thompson in his "No Laughing Matter" Mustang of Klamath Falls, OR.
This blistering run established the new Mission Raceway AND Canadian national ET and Top Speed records in the Nostalgia Nitro Funny Car category. "This weekend was probably the most overwhelming race week that I've ever had. It was just wonderful to win and set the records," Boychuk said.
Second Round continued the action with the Troy Lee car making a 5.71 ET at 249 beating Tim Nemeth in his "Iceman" Mustang of Chilliwack, BC
And in Final Round Tim won the race with a 5.74 ET at 249 beating Mark Saunders "Mr. Explosive" Nova of Maple Valley, CA.
"We have this car running consistently. And it just keeps getting better and better," co-owner, Ron Hodgson said. "To win the trophy and to set track and national records was the best birthday present I could get."
- 15.04.2014 : Patrick Long Finishes 5th at Long Beach 2014 | TUSCC - Long Beach, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Team Target Comes Up Just Short on the Streets of Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Power and Montoya Both Finish In Top-5 at Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 14.04.2014 : Cole Seely Steals a Win in Seattle | Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda in Seattle
- 14.04.2014 : Scott Pruett and Memo Rojas Victorious at Long Beach | TUSCC - Long Beach, CA
- 14.04.2014 : Monday Conversation: Cole Seely After Seattle SX | Supercross - Racer X Interview
- 14.04.2014 : TLD Athletes Have Exceptional Weekend in Multiple Disciplines and Events | Company - Corona, CA
- 11.04.2014 : Troy Lee Designs Pre-Race Report: Long Beach Grand Prix 2014 | Auto Racing - Long Beach, CA
- 09.04.2014 : Strong Comeback for Valentin Teillet | Motocross - Gueugnon, France
- 07.04.2014 : Open Mic: Houston Interviews - Cole Seely | Supercross - Racer X Interview