TLD Athletes Podium at the GIANT Dual Slalom
MTB - Whistler, BC
GIANT Dual Slalom Pro Men’s final went down in the Whistler Bike Park. Troy Brosnan was able to blaze through each ladder, consistently pinning it each heat to take gold over Luca Shaw in the finals. Melissa Buhl took gold in the Pro Women category with clean runs through each ladder, winning her first ever Crankworx event.
“It feels amazing, I’m coming back trying to have fun and get in a little training before Worlds,” said Troy Brosnan, winner of GIANT Dual Slalom. “It was a good night. The crowd was pretty big and that helped.”
In the Pro Men category Troy Brosnan (AUS) took first place, Luca Shaw (USA) came in second and Bas Van Steenbergen (CAN) finished in third.
Troy’s GIANT Dual Slalom win was fresh off of a second place finish in Thursday night’s Ultimate Pump Track Challenge. In both events Troy made it to finals, racing in every heat of each competition.
In the Pro Women category Melissa Buhl (USA) took first place, Micayla Gatto (CAN) came in second and Steffi Marth (GER) finished in third.
“It’s been a long week with a lot of events, so I feel really good about this win,” say Pro Women winner Melissa Buhl. “This is my first win at Crankworx and I couldn’t be happier.”
Now in its sixth season at Crankworx Whistler, the GIANT Dual Slalom is a crowd favourite. Thousands of fans lined the gated course and watched from the big screen in Whistler Village. The dual slalom head-to-head format featured riders in the pro and amateur categories pumping through a course riddled with rhythm sections, a mogul field, tight berms, jumps and drops.
Current event photography:
Videos of the Day by Pinkbike and Vimeo:
The webcasts, powered by Red Bull Media House, are live streamed at www.crankworx.com, www.redbull.com/bike and by online media partner www.pinkbike.com.
- 18.04.2014 : Leduc Focused On Pro 4 Competition For Lake Elsinore | LOORRS - Lake Elsinore, CA
- 17.04.2014 : Race Rewind: Cole Seely Interview at Seattle SX 2014 | Supercross - MotoXAddicts Interview
- 17.04.2014 : TLD Now Offering FreeWheelin™ Bluetooth® Audio System for Bicycle Helmets | Company - Corona, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Patrick Long Finishes 5th at Long Beach 2014 | TUSCC - Long Beach, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Team Target Comes Up Just Short on the Streets of Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Power and Montoya Both Finish In Top-5 at Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 14.04.2014 : Cole Seely Steals a Win in Seattle | Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda in Seattle
- 14.04.2014 : Scott Pruett and Memo Rojas Victorious at Long Beach | TUSCC - Long Beach, CA
- 14.04.2014 : TLD Athletes Have Exceptional Weekend in Multiple Disciplines and Events | Company - Corona, CA
- 14.04.2014 : Monday Conversation: Cole Seely After Seattle SX | Supercross - Racer X Interview