TLD Athletes Podium at the GIANT Dual Slalom
MTB - Whistler, BC
GIANT Dual Slalom Pro Men’s final went down in the Whistler Bike Park. Troy Brosnan was able to blaze through each ladder, consistently pinning it each heat to take gold over Luca Shaw in the finals. Melissa Buhl took gold in the Pro Women category with clean runs through each ladder, winning her first ever Crankworx event.
“It feels amazing, I’m coming back trying to have fun and get in a little training before Worlds,” said Troy Brosnan, winner of GIANT Dual Slalom. “It was a good night. The crowd was pretty big and that helped.”
In the Pro Men category Troy Brosnan (AUS) took first place, Luca Shaw (USA) came in second and Bas Van Steenbergen (CAN) finished in third.
Troy’s GIANT Dual Slalom win was fresh off of a second place finish in Thursday night’s Ultimate Pump Track Challenge. In both events Troy made it to finals, racing in every heat of each competition.
In the Pro Women category Melissa Buhl (USA) took first place, Micayla Gatto (CAN) came in second and Steffi Marth (GER) finished in third.
“It’s been a long week with a lot of events, so I feel really good about this win,” say Pro Women winner Melissa Buhl. “This is my first win at Crankworx and I couldn’t be happier.”
Now in its sixth season at Crankworx Whistler, the GIANT Dual Slalom is a crowd favourite. Thousands of fans lined the gated course and watched from the big screen in Whistler Village. The dual slalom head-to-head format featured riders in the pro and amateur categories pumping through a course riddled with rhythm sections, a mogul field, tight berms, jumps and drops.
Current event photography:
Videos of the Day by Pinkbike and Vimeo:
The webcasts, powered by Red Bull Media House, are live streamed at www.crankworx.com, www.redbull.com/bike and by online media partner www.pinkbike.com.
- 18.12.2014 : Tis The Season With Colton Facciotti | Rider Support - Canada
- 17.12.2014 : TLD Canada Amateur Profile: Hayden Wolff | Rider Support - Prince George, BC, Canda
- 10.12.2014 : Privateer Profile: Ross Johnson | International - Canada
- 09.12.2014 : Scott Dixon Returns To TCGR for 2015 IndyCar Series | IndyCar Series
- 19.11.2014 : Interview: Troy Lee | Company
- 11.11.2014 : Redmond and Graffunder Take on Ukupacha in Ecuador | Enduro - Ukupacha, Ecuador
- 10.11.2014 : USA Got Hold of Junior Trophy Victory in Argentina | Off-Road - San Juan, Argentina
- 06.11.2014 : Mitchell DeJong Clinches 2014 GRC Lites Championship | Global Rallycross Lites - Las Vegas, NV
- 05.11.2014 : Behind The Scenes with Kiwi Indycar Champ Scott Dixon | IndyCar - New Zealand
- 04.11.2014 : Lusty Industries Opens In New Zealand | Newcastle, NSW Australia