TLD Athletes Go 1st & 2nd in Men & Women's Pump Track
MTB - Whistler, BC
For the third time in a row, at the Ultimate Pump Track Challenge presented by Rock Shox, defending champs in both the Pro Men’s and Pro Women’s categories kept their titles. Mitch Ropelato and Jill Kintner took the wins for the third time in as many years at Crankworx Whistler.
It was a new track in a new venue but the story stayed the same, Mitch Ropelato (USA) stayed on top to cinch the title; with Troy Brosnan (AUS) in second and Cody Johnson (USA) in third.
Jill Kintner (USA) pulled in first against second place Micayla Gatto (CAD) while Melissa Buhl (USA) took third.
Pump tracks, an endless loop of steeply banked corners, doubles, gaps and rollers, have grown steadily in their popularity. This year the pump track was moved from the Whistler Mountain Bike to Whistler Olympic Park to create a compact and spectator-friendly arena in the heart of the village. It is estimated over 4,000 spectators gathered to watch the head to head showdowns as riders pumped through the track’s whoop-dee-doos and berms.
Tomorrow’s action at Crankworx Whistler includes the Red Bull Joyride Qualifiers getting underway at 1:30-3pm. Then from 6-8pm the GIANT Dual Slalom will showcase exciting head to head race action at the base of the Whistler Mountain Bike Park. Both events will be live webcast at www.crankworx.com.
Keep up to date on all things Crankworx through crankworx.com, Facebook.com/crankworx and make sure to follow @crankworx on Twitter.
The village-wide expo and demo zone will also be hopping so make sure to check out the Jeep® Rocks and Roads course where visitors will be able to experience the vehicle's unparalleled capabilities while manipulating obstacles that demonstrate the wild ride that only Jeep® can deliver. The course and on-road test drive includes a stability ramp, a boulder crawl, a log pile and a 16-foot dirt mountain to demonstrate traction. The test drive area will run until August 19, 2012.
Current event photography:
Videos of the Day by Pinkbike and Vimeo:
Live Streaming Webcast Schedule for Crankworx Whistler 2012
The webcasts, powered by Red Bull Media House, are live streamed at www.crankworx.com, www.redbull.com/bike and by online media partner www.pinkbike.com.
Saturday August 11
REPLAY – Canadian Open Enduro - http://live.redbull.tv/events/120/crankworx-whistler-canadian-open-enduro/
REPLAY - Dual Speed & Style presented by AVID – http://live.redbull.tv/events/121/crankworx-whistler-dual-speed-style/
Sunday August 12
REPLAY - Garbanzo DH - http://live.redbull.tv/events/122/crankworx-whistler-garbanzo-dh/
Wednesday August 15
REPLAY - Air DH - http://live.redbull.tv/events/123/crankworx-whistler-air-dh/
Thursday August 16
REPLAY Teva Best Trick - http://live.redbull.tv/events/124/crankworx-whistler-teva-best-trick/
REPLAY Ultimate Pump Track Challenge presented by Rock Shox - http://live.redbull.tv/events/125/http://live.redbull.tv/events/126/crankworx-whistler-pump-track-challenge/
Friday August 17
Red Bull Joyride Qualifiers - 1:30pm-3:00pm
GIANT Dual Slalom Amateur - 3:30pm-5:30pm
GIANT Dual Slalom Pro - 6:00pm-8:00pm
Saturday August 18
Red Bull Joyride Finals - 5:30pm-7:30pm
Sunday August 19
Jeep Canadian Open DH - 3:00pm-5:00pm
The ninth annual Crankworx Whistler is presented by Whistler Blackcomb and the Whistler Mountain Bike Park. Crankworx Whistler is the biggest annual event held in Whistler and is also the largest freeride mountain bike festival in the world. Crankworx Les 2 Alpes took place for the first time July 9-15, 2012 and was the first Crankworx event to take place outside of North America. This new event will build on Crankworx’s legendary legacy in the arena of freeride mountain biking.
- 18.04.2014 : Leduc Focused On Pro 4 Competition For Lake Elsinore | LOORRS - Lake Elsinore, CA
- 17.04.2014 : Race Rewind: Cole Seely Interview at Seattle SX 2014 | Supercross - MotoXAddicts Interview
- 17.04.2014 : TLD Now Offering FreeWheelin™ Bluetooth® Audio System for Bicycle Helmets | Company - Corona, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Patrick Long Finishes 5th at Long Beach 2014 | TUSCC - Long Beach, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Team Target Comes Up Just Short on the Streets of Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Power and Montoya Both Finish In Top-5 at Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 14.04.2014 : Cole Seely Steals a Win in Seattle | Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda in Seattle
- 14.04.2014 : Scott Pruett and Memo Rojas Victorious at Long Beach | TUSCC - Long Beach, CA
- 14.04.2014 : TLD Athletes Have Exceptional Weekend in Multiple Disciplines and Events | Company - Corona, CA
- 14.04.2014 : Monday Conversation: Cole Seely After Seattle SX | Supercross - Racer X Interview