Thad Duvall Headed to ISDE - The Olympics of Motorcycling
Enduro - Saxony, Germany
Thad Duvall has been chosen to go to Saxony, Germany in September to race on the JR. Trophy Team at the International Six Day Enduro. The ISDE is referred to as the Olympics of Motorcycling with trophies for Best National Team and medals given based on best individual performance. With more than 32 countries in attendance, Duvall has a truly accomplished greatness in this achievement!
In addition to his invitation to race, he was also individually recognized by West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin, III for his accomplishments.
As of January, 2012 Duvall made the switch to the Shenandoah Honda-Off Road Champions Team and the GNCC 2012 Season has beyond exceeded his expectations. “I am currently 4th in the XC 1 Class and only a few back from 3rd. I’m having the best season I’ve had in a long time and I couldn’t be more happier with Honda,” Duvall explained.
With Duvall’s busy GNCC schedule, he has limited availability to return to local races but he loves to come back and ride with racers who don’t usually have the opportunity to ride the GNCC’s. He said, “Tim and Vikki Wood of WEXCR put on an awesome race every round and it’s great practice for me on my off weekends.”
“I would like to personally thank Tim and Vikki Wood for putting on such awesome racing events in our local area,” Duvall exclaimed.
At WEXCR Races, Duvall starts several rows behind his competition as part of their “XC1 Challenge” and he says it’s great practice for the GNCC’s.
Duvall explained, “This change in the competition is a change of pace for me and makes me ride the whole 2 hours as hard as I can which is great preparation and practice for the GNCC’s. Plus, I get to put block passes on Adam McGill when he races he bikes, haha” joked Duvall.
“Growing up, I always wanted to race professionally, but actually doing it makes it even better,” explained Duvall. “Being able to race professionally is a dream come true…not many people can say they have been able to do as much as I can and I am grateful for every opportunity that I have had from racing.”
Duvall would like to thank his Mom and Dad for the sacrifices they both make. He says that if it were not for them, he would not be able to have accomplished the things he has and do the thing he loves to do, which is race. He would also like to thank his girlfriend, Maggie, for always pushing and supporting him with racing and his family who has always been behind him 100% Additionally, he would like to thank John Ross and Erik Nijkam for still believing he had it in him this past season and the fans because they make racing worth it.
Duvall is sponsored by HONDA, Shanendoah Honda, Off-RoadChampions.com, River Church, Super B Battery, Protaper, Works Connection, Twin Air, Hinson Clutches, GeCo Special Parts, nin1nine designs, DP Brakes, Factory Connection, EPDicycles, Wiseco, Domino, Kenda, Cycra, Pirie Performance, Spectro Oils, BRP Braking, IMS, SiDi, Troy Lee Designs, Scott Goggles and Pro-Circuit.
WEXCR is hosting 50/50 drawings along with raffling off a basket full of racing goodies at upcoming round on August 5th in support of Duvall’s trip. For more information regarding fundraising efforts for Duvall, please visit the FB Page “ISDE Germany Trip!’
- 07.07.2015 : New Troy Lee Designs Canadian Funny Car Schedules Debut | Funny Car - Edmonton AB, Canada
- 06.07.2015 : TLD Riders Celebrate Fourth of July with Heartfelt Efforts | AMA Pro Motocross -Buchanan, MI
- 29.06.2015 : TLD / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Riders Endure Weather As Season Hits Halfway Point | AMA Pro Motocross - Mechanicsville, MD
- 29.06.2015 : TLD’s Noren Bounces Back For Solid Moto 2 Finish at Budds Creek | AMA Pro Motocross - Mechanicsville, MD
- 26.06.2015 : Scott Dixon Looks to Complete Career California Track Sweep | IndyCar - Fontana, CA
- 23.06.2015 : Ward Wins Pole and Takes 4th in Red Bull GRC Debut at Daytona | Rallycross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 23.06.2015 : Block Takes 2nd at Rd 3 of 2015 Red Bull GRC Season in Daytona | Rallycross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 18.06.2015 : Podium Finish for Dempsey and Long at Le Mans | Auto Racing - Le Mans, France
- 15.06.2015 : TLD's Seely and Noren Earn Top-10 Finishes in Pennsylvania | AMA Pro Motocross - Mt. Morris, PA
- 15.06.2015 : Top-10 Results for TLD’s Nelson and McElrath at High Point National | AMA Pro Motocross - Mt. Morris, PA