Team TLD / Seaspan / PPG / Honda Strong in San Diego
AMA Supercross - San Diego, CA
San Diego was the last west coast round of the supercross series before a long two month break and before the series headed east the Troy Lee Designs team wanted to make a statement. The weekend's race in Qualcomm Stadium started off great as all four team riders once again found themselves in the main event. Moss and Borkenhagen all transferred out of the same heat race while Steve Boniface made the 450 main event via the LCQ.
When the gate dropped for the Lites main, Blose and Moss found themselves mired in the middle of the pack as they drifted through the narrow first corner. Borky followed just a few positions behind and all three riders had their work cut out for them. Blose took off with Moss in tow and before long the duo found themselves in sixth and seventh positions, respectively.
With laps winding down, Justin Brayton managed to sneak by the two TLD riders and relegate them to seventh and eighth while Borky fought his way up to thirteenth position by the end of the race. The result was especially impressive for Jake Moss who has only been back on the bike for four weeks after breaking a vertebra in his back.
Steve Boniface struggled with the track all night and never really got comfortable. Still, he posted a 17th place finish in one of the most talent-packed supercross classes in a long time.
During the break the crew will get to work with Supermoto and motocross preparations. With the XTRM/AMA Supermoto series only five weeks away there is plenty to do on that front. And the opening round of the national motocross series is just a couple months behind that. We'll keep you posted as the Troy Lee Designs / Seaspan / PPG / Honda team works towards their next goal of winning two more Supermoto championships.
The Troy Lee Designs Seaspan PPG Honda race team would like to thank all of the amazing companies that have supported our racing efforts over the years. We would also like to welcome our new sponsors that will be an integral part of the crew in years to come. Among those are Seaspan, Avia, Skullcandy, Rossignol, Kasey Kahne Racing and Icon Aircraft. These companies have come onboard for 2009 and we are excited about working with them.
We would also like to acknowledge the sponsors that are returning this year. Those include American Honda, Wings for Life, PPG, Pacific Collision Centers, Couts Heating and Cooling, Dunlop, VP Racing Fuels, Pro Circuit, Pro Honda Oils, Renthal, ODI, Excel, RK, N-Style, Selle Italia, Alpinestars, Jimmy Vasser, Cornwell Tools, Cumberland, Cycra, Malcolm Smith, Flexfit, Hinson, Leatt Brace, Light Speed, MetTec, Momo, Muc-Off, QTM, Talon Hubs, CRF's Only and Twin Air. We could not go racing without you. Thank you for your support of the Troy Lee Designs Race Team.
We would also like to acknowledge Mid-Cities Honda for their continued support of Sean Borkenhagen.
- 21.05.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Announces New Distributor in Mexico | Playas De Tijuana, Mexico
- 21.05.2015 : Catching Up With Westen Wrozyna | Interview - Canada
- 19.05.2015 : Scott Dixon Earns Pole Position for 99th Indianapolis 500 | IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN
- 19.05.2015 : TLD’s Seely Walks Out of Hangtown with Eyes on Glen Helen | AMA Pro Motocross - Sacramento, CA
- 18.05.2015 : TLD / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Riders Tackle Round 1 at Hangtown | AMA Pro Motocross - Sacramento, CA
- 13.05.2015 : Mitchell Oldenburg Gets a Shot With Troy Lee Designs | AMA Motocross - Corona, CA
- 12.05.2015 : Willoughby Steals UCI BMX Supercross World Cup Series Lead | BMX - Papendal, Netherlands
- 12.05.2015 : Patrick Butler Joins Lusty Industries Australian Downhill Team | Downhill MTB - NSW, Australia
- 08.05.2015 : Interview with SRAM | TLD Racing's Russell Finsterwald | Cross-Country MTB
- 08.05.2015 : Castroneves To Celebrate 300th Race and 40th Birthday at GP of Indy | IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN