Team TLD / Lucas Oil / Honda gains momentum at Phoenix
Wil Hahn 4th, Cole Seely 6th in SX Lites
Round Two of the 2010 AMA Supercross Series rolled into Chase Field in Phoenix, AZ, and Team Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda again showed they are a team to be reckoned with.
Wil Hahn, #49, continues to be the biggest surprise of the 250 class this year. After finishing a close second in his heat race, Wil charged all race long to wind up fourth at the checkers. Hahn actually made the pass for third on the last lap but couldn't make it stick. He'll have to wait one more week to put his TLD/Lucas Oil/Honda up on the podium. Wil posted the quickest lap in the main event until lap 14 when Jake Weimer just edged him out.
"I feel so good out there," said Wil. "I'm a little bummed out at myself for not closing the deal on that pass with one lap to go though. The bike is working great and the whole team is working hard so we'll get there. I'm already looking forward to next weekend."
Posting up the best finish of his young career was Hahn's teammate, #200 Cole Seely. Cole finished right behind Wil in his heat for third and was confident going to the line for the main event. When the gate dropped for the main event Cole's quiet confidence became obvious. He headed straight to the front and even passed his teammate Hahn at one point while running fourth. Seely would tighten up slightly and drop to sixth by the end of the race. It was a very big step for the talented young rider.
"I'm really happy with the way things went tonight. I've never been in the top ten and that the first goal I set for myself. Now that I've reached that, I want to be in the top five next weekend. I ran right there for a good part of tonight's main so I know I can do it. I'm stoked right now."
Team rider Christian Craig, who suffered a back injury late last year during testing, is still recovering but was again on hand at the races to sign autographs and support the team. If you would like to donate to the Christian Craig Recovery Fund, visit: www.road2recovery.com.
The Troy Lee Designs/ Lucas Oil/ Honda team rolls back into Anaheim this weekend for the third round of the AMA Supercross series with only one thing on their mind: Podium.
The Troy Lee Designs Lucas Oil Honda race team would like to thank all of the companies that have supported our racing efforts over the years. They include Lucas Oil, American Honda, Red Bull, PPG, Wings for Life, Alpinestars, Avia, Couts Heating and Cooling, Dunlop, Epic Action Video Cam, Leatt Brace, McQueen Racing, Oakley, Pacific Collision, Pro Circuit, Rossignol, Santa Cruz, Selle Italia, Skullcandy, All Sport Dynamics, Cycra, Fasthouse, Flexfit, Hinson Clutch, Hot Wheels, Kahne Racing, Light Speed, Muc-Off, N Style, Nameplate, ODI, Primm, QTM, Renthal, RK Chain, Excel, Twin Air, Vasser Racing and VP Racing.
- 19.08.2014 : Team Target Claims Two Top-Five Finishes at Milwaukee 2014 | IndyCar - Milwaukee, WI
- 19.08.2014 : Semenuk Becomes Most Decorated Athlete in Crankworx Slopestyle History | Freeride MTB - Whistler, Canada
- 18.08.2014 : Troy Lee Designs Score First National Motocross Win in Indiana Mud | AMA Motocross - Crawfordsville, IN
- 15.08.2014 : Interview: Curtis Keene Speaks on Racing, His Career and More | Enduro - Whistler, Canada
- 15.08.2014 : Inside the Mind of Whistler's Brandon Semenuk | Freeride MTB - Interview
- 12.08.2014 : TLD / MavTV / Honda's Malcolm Stewart Continues Road to Recovery | AMA Motocross - Corona, CA
- 11.08.2014 : Open Mic: Fredrik Noren After Unadilla | AMA Motocross - New Berlin, NY
- 11.08.2014 : Troy Lee Designs Descends on Unadilla | AMA Motocross - New Berlin, NY
- 07.08.2014 : Greaves Motorsports Strong In Buffalo Chip Debut With 6 Podiums | TORC - Sturgis, ND
- 07.08.2014 : Chris Holder: Tough In The Rough | Speedway - Australia