Team TLD / Lucas Oil / Honda gains momentum at Phoenix
Wil Hahn 4th, Cole Seely 6th in SX Lites
Round Two of the 2010 AMA Supercross Series rolled into Chase Field in Phoenix, AZ, and Team Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda again showed they are a team to be reckoned with.
Wil Hahn, #49, continues to be the biggest surprise of the 250 class this year. After finishing a close second in his heat race, Wil charged all race long to wind up fourth at the checkers. Hahn actually made the pass for third on the last lap but couldn't make it stick. He'll have to wait one more week to put his TLD/Lucas Oil/Honda up on the podium. Wil posted the quickest lap in the main event until lap 14 when Jake Weimer just edged him out.
"I feel so good out there," said Wil. "I'm a little bummed out at myself for not closing the deal on that pass with one lap to go though. The bike is working great and the whole team is working hard so we'll get there. I'm already looking forward to next weekend."
Posting up the best finish of his young career was Hahn's teammate, #200 Cole Seely. Cole finished right behind Wil in his heat for third and was confident going to the line for the main event. When the gate dropped for the main event Cole's quiet confidence became obvious. He headed straight to the front and even passed his teammate Hahn at one point while running fourth. Seely would tighten up slightly and drop to sixth by the end of the race. It was a very big step for the talented young rider.
"I'm really happy with the way things went tonight. I've never been in the top ten and that the first goal I set for myself. Now that I've reached that, I want to be in the top five next weekend. I ran right there for a good part of tonight's main so I know I can do it. I'm stoked right now."
Team rider Christian Craig, who suffered a back injury late last year during testing, is still recovering but was again on hand at the races to sign autographs and support the team. If you would like to donate to the Christian Craig Recovery Fund, visit: www.road2recovery.com.
The Troy Lee Designs/ Lucas Oil/ Honda team rolls back into Anaheim this weekend for the third round of the AMA Supercross series with only one thing on their mind: Podium.
The Troy Lee Designs Lucas Oil Honda race team would like to thank all of the companies that have supported our racing efforts over the years. They include Lucas Oil, American Honda, Red Bull, PPG, Wings for Life, Alpinestars, Avia, Couts Heating and Cooling, Dunlop, Epic Action Video Cam, Leatt Brace, McQueen Racing, Oakley, Pacific Collision, Pro Circuit, Rossignol, Santa Cruz, Selle Italia, Skullcandy, All Sport Dynamics, Cycra, Fasthouse, Flexfit, Hinson Clutch, Hot Wheels, Kahne Racing, Light Speed, Muc-Off, N Style, Nameplate, ODI, Primm, QTM, Renthal, RK Chain, Excel, Twin Air, Vasser Racing and VP Racing.
- 27.07.2015 : Team TLD Riders All Score Top-10 Finishes at Washougal | AMA Pro Motocross - Washougal, WA
- 27.07.2015 : TLD’s Noren Makes It Three Weekends In A Row With Career-Best Finish | AMA Pro Motocross - Washougal, WA
- 27.07.2015 : Interview: Brandon Semenuk and Rupert Walker - Revel In The Chaos | Freeride MTB - Pinkbike Interview
- 24.07.2015 : TLD's Toby Price Could Wrap Up Fifth AORC Crown This Weekend | AORC - Kyogle, Australia
- 24.07.2015 : Sage Karam Earns First-Career Podium At Iowa 2015 | IndyCar - Newton, IA
- 23.07.2015 : TLD’s Noren Backs Up Career Best Result With Seventh Overall | AMA Pro Motocross - Millville, MN
- 20.07.2015 : TLD’s McElrath Breaks Into Top-10 With Impressive Moto 2 Ride | AMA Motocross - Millville, MN
- 20.07.2015 : KTM Strong Man Kirk Gibbs Braves The Pain At Shepparton | Motocross - Victoria, Australia
- 10.07.2015 : TLD/KTM’s Toby Price Picked Up By Red Bull Factory Rally Team | World Motorcycle Rally Championships
- 07.07.2015 : New Troy Lee Designs Canadian Funny Car Schedules Debut | Funny Car - Edmonton AB, Canada