Team Target's Montoya Brings Home Top-10 Finish
NASCAR - Hampton, GA
1. (9) Kyle Busch, No. 18 Toyota
7. (3) Juan Pablo Montoya, No. 42 Target Chevrolet SS
11. (15) Jamie McMurray, No. 1 E-Z-GO Chevrolet SS
Atlanta Motor Speedway (AMS) hosted the annual Labor Day weekend race under the lights yesterday where 43 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS) teams battled it out for 325-laps and endured ever changing track conditions. Team Target started in the third position, led the opening laps of the race and eventually crossed the finish line in the seventh position. The finish marked the third top-10 finish in the last four races for Team Target.
Juan Pablo Montoya and the team posted some impressive times from the start of the race weekend. The No. 42 Target Chevy SS was in the top-10 for all three practice sessions and qualified in the third position for the AdvoCare 500. As the race got underway, Montoya made his move to the front of the field and led a total of 38 laps. Track conditions started to change and the Chevy SS became a handful as the laps progressed. The crew continually worked on the No. 42 and was able to make the proper adjustments to get Montoya back up into the top-10. When the checkered flag waved, the Target Chevy SS crossed the finish line in the seventh position. The team walked away with two awards following the race – the Duralast brakes “Brake in the Race” award and the Sherwin-Williams fastest lap award.
“It was a good night for the Target team,” Montoya remarked. “We had some trouble keeping up with the changing track conditions during the first half of the race but the guys made great changes and the car was good at the end. I’m happy that we were able to bring home another top-10 finish for Target tonight.”
- The race at AMS experienced nine caution flags for 47 laps and 28 lead changes among 13 drivers. Montoya led 38 of those laps
- Montoya has finished 11th or better in the last four races. Team Target has four top-five and seven top-10 finishes this season
- Montoya moved up two position’s in the NSCS driver point standings to 19th; 91 out of the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup
The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series teams will head to Richmond International Raceway next Saturday night for the Federated Auto Parts 400. The race will air live on ABC and radio stations affiliated with MRN at 7:30 p.m. ET.
- 29.07.2015 : TLD / KTM's Toby Price Takes 5th AORC Crown of His Career | AORC - Kyogle, Australia
- 27.07.2015 : Team TLD Riders All Score Top-10 Finishes at Washougal | AMA Pro Motocross - Washougal, WA
- 27.07.2015 : TLD’s Noren Makes It Three Weekends In A Row With Career-Best Finish | AMA Pro Motocross - Washougal, WA
- 27.07.2015 : Interview: Brandon Semenuk and Rupert Walker - Revel In The Chaos | Freeride MTB - Pinkbike Interview
- 24.07.2015 : TLD's Toby Price Could Wrap Up Fifth AORC Crown This Weekend | AORC - Kyogle, Australia
- 24.07.2015 : Sage Karam Earns First-Career Podium At Iowa 2015 | IndyCar - Newton, IA
- 23.07.2015 : TLD’s Noren Backs Up Career Best Result With Seventh Overall | AMA Pro Motocross - Millville, MN
- 20.07.2015 : TLD’s McElrath Breaks Into Top-10 With Impressive Moto 2 Ride | AMA Motocross - Millville, MN
- 20.07.2015 : KTM Strong Man Kirk Gibbs Braves The Pain At Shepparton | Motocross - Victoria, Australia
- 10.07.2015 : TLD/KTM’s Toby Price Picked Up By Red Bull Factory Rally Team | World Motorcycle Rally Championships