Team Shenandoah Honda / USWE-Sports.com Big Buck Race Report
GNCC - Union, SC
Team Shenandoah Honda / USWE-sports.com rider Thad Duvall had recovered enough from his big crash two weeks ago (he tore some of his rib cartilage) to give it an honest effort. Unable to train properly and still in some pain, he rolled on the starting line. Once the flag dropped, he was in the back of the XC1 field and had his work cut out for him.
After five minutes he crossed the timekeeping scoring in 18th overall and 8th in the XC 1 class. Duvall started to pass riders left and right and by the time he passed the scoring area again he was in 3rd place (XC1), 28 seconds behind second place, Charlie Mullins. The course was rough and took it’s toll on Duvall and his painful chest and ribs. Unable to keep up with the two front runners, he rode the rest of the race in no-mans-land to a well deserved third place, his second podium for the year.
”It was a tough day. Not be able to practice last week and still being in pain, I knew that it would be hard to fight for a win," said Duvall. "My start was bad, but luckily I was able to move into third really quickly and settle down in to a comfortable pace. Unfortunately it was not fast enough to fight with Mullins and Russell, but overall, I’m happy with a podium”.
Team Shenandoah Honda/USWE-sports.com like to thank all their sponsors: Honda, USWE, Shenandoah Honda, Off Road Champions, River Church, Dunlop, Troy Lee Design, FMF, Sunoco race fuels, Sunstar, Protaper, Stuk MX, SKF, Enzo Racing, Hinson, Scott, EBC, Super B, BRP, Geco special parts, Innteck, G2, Twin Air, Spectro, Cycra, Sidi, WER, Works Connection, Steahly, IMS, EPBC and Woodland Park Surgical Associates
- 12.09.2014 : Healing Hancock Fights Back | Speedway - Vojens, Denmark
- 11.09.2014 : Juan Pablo Montoya Excited About 2015 IndyCar Potential | IndyCar
- 11.09.2014 : Catching Up With Nathan Bles 2014 | Motocross - Canada
- 10.09.2014 : Between The Motos: Tyler Keefe | Motocross/Supercross - Racer X Interview
- 09.09.2014 : Race Recap: Toby Price's 2014 Season | Off-Road - Australia
- 09.09.2014 : Women on Bikes Series - Leigh Donovan | MTB - Life on Two Wheels Interview
- 09.09.2014 : TLD / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Signs Amateur Standout Sean Cantrell | Corona, CA
- 08.09.2014 : Interview: Luca Cometti | MTB MAG Interview
- 08.09.2014 : Red Bull District Ride: Victory of Brandon Semenuk | Freeride MTB - Nuremberg, Germany
- 05.09.2014 : Competition Eliminator: Johnny Greaves Delivers Big In 2014 | TORC - Crandon, WI