Team Shenandoah Honda / USWE-Sports.com Big Buck Race Report
GNCC - Union, SC
Team Shenandoah Honda / USWE-sports.com rider Thad Duvall had recovered enough from his big crash two weeks ago (he tore some of his rib cartilage) to give it an honest effort. Unable to train properly and still in some pain, he rolled on the starting line. Once the flag dropped, he was in the back of the XC1 field and had his work cut out for him.
After five minutes he crossed the timekeeping scoring in 18th overall and 8th in the XC 1 class. Duvall started to pass riders left and right and by the time he passed the scoring area again he was in 3rd place (XC1), 28 seconds behind second place, Charlie Mullins. The course was rough and took it’s toll on Duvall and his painful chest and ribs. Unable to keep up with the two front runners, he rode the rest of the race in no-mans-land to a well deserved third place, his second podium for the year.
”It was a tough day. Not be able to practice last week and still being in pain, I knew that it would be hard to fight for a win," said Duvall. "My start was bad, but luckily I was able to move into third really quickly and settle down in to a comfortable pace. Unfortunately it was not fast enough to fight with Mullins and Russell, but overall, I’m happy with a podium”.
Team Shenandoah Honda/USWE-sports.com like to thank all their sponsors: Honda, USWE, Shenandoah Honda, Off Road Champions, River Church, Dunlop, Troy Lee Design, FMF, Sunoco race fuels, Sunstar, Protaper, Stuk MX, SKF, Enzo Racing, Hinson, Scott, EBC, Super B, BRP, Geco special parts, Innteck, G2, Twin Air, Spectro, Cycra, Sidi, WER, Works Connection, Steahly, IMS, EPBC and Woodland Park Surgical Associates
- 28.08.2014 : Unsung Hero: Fredrik Noren on the 2014 MX Season | AMA Motocross - RacerX Interview
- 27.08.2014 : Micky Dymond to Race 2nd Annual AMA Sturgis Supermoto Race | Supermoto - Sturgis, SD
- 27.08.2014 : Colton Facciotti Discusses Utah And Latvia | Motocross - Canada
- 26.08.2014 : Ken Block Takes 2nd at GRC Daytona and Moves Into 2nd In the Championship | Rallycross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 26.08.2014 : Chaz Mostert 'Rains' Supreme At Sydney Motorsport Park 400 | V8 Supercars - Sydney, Australia
- 26.08.2014 : Cole Seely Signs With American Honda | Supercross and Motocross - Torrance, CA
- 26.08.2014 : Dany Torres Takes 2nd In Red Bull X-Fighters Pretoria | FMX - Pretoria, South Africa
- 25.08.2014 : Troy Lee Designs Closes Outdoor Season in Utah | AMA Motocross - Tooele, UT
- 25.08.2014 : New Factory Honda Rider Cole Seely Signs Multi-Year Deal With TLD | AMA Motocross - Corona, CA
- 25.08.2014 : Dixon Claims Second Win of the Season at Sonoma | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA