Team Peterson at NAHA Pro Hillclimb Series Round 4
Hillclimb - Columbus, MT
The Nitro Nationals in Columbus, Montana hosted Round 4 of the Racer X/Malcolm Smith Motorsports N.A.H.A. Pro Hillclimb Series on Fathers Day weekend. The world's top riders were all in attendance and agreed that this years layout was going to be fast and is indeed one of the most technical and competitive races on the circuit, with 50-foot jumps, high speed turns and past vertical ledges. The Open class under the lights on Saturday night is the highlight of the weekend for the competitors and spectators.
Team Peterson on their Malcolm Smith Motorsports/ Lucas Oil/ Troy Lee Designs/ Alpinestars/ Racetech/ K&N backed KTM's came prepared for battle this year with Bret Peterson leading points in the Open class and in a close second in the 450, 700, and X Climb classes. Peterson needed to stay on the podium to gain valuable points going into the last two rounds of competition. He was prequalified for the main event and just focused on getting his bike setup dialed and helping his fellow teamates Austin Fox and Johnnie Saylors get through the qualifying rounds. Saylors had bad luck at the top of the hill but Fox qualified for Saturdays main event in all four classes.
Over 7,000 spectators turned out for the main event event on Saturday which included a night full of Octane Addiction's Freestyle shows, Open class runs "Under the lights" along with a spectacular pyrotechnics show. The riders stepped up their game when it came to race day and Peterson came out of the gate with a fast 2 runs in the 450 class, good for 2nd place, with Austin Fox taking a respectable 8th place.
Peterson had an early draw in the 700 class and knew the hill was going to be faster during the first rounds of competition. He made a flawless first round run that would not only give him the class win, but be the fastest time of the whole weekend! Fellow teamate Austin Fox rounded out the class with a top ten finish in 8th.
Gaining valuable points over the competition in the 450 and 700 classes Peterson headed to defend his 2011 Columbus X Climb title along with fellow teamate Austin Fox. Fox and Peterson picked off the competition one by one with the closest bar to bar Hillclimbing we've seen all year. Fox bringing his "A" game to X Climb got him a respectable 4th overall, making it through 4 rounds of competition. Meanwhile Peterson kept charging to the front besting 2011 450 Champion Jason Smith in the final round with a crowd pleasing, bar bashing battle to the top of the mountain for the class win.
As nighttime fell the Open class made its first round on the hill with Peterson pulling out the fast time which held up till midway through round 2 when Harold Waddell and Jason Smith just edged him out by 1/000ths of a second to fill out the podium. Austin Fox finished the class in 16th.
With incredible consistency in 2012 Bret Peterson now has the points lead in ALL 4 CLASSES! A first in recent history for the N.A.H.A. and a personal best for Team Peterson. Bret would like to thank all the many sponsors that have contributed to his dominant performances and kept his mighty KTM's on the box through 4 rounds of the World's most elite Pro Hillclimb Series.
Round 5 of the N.A.H.A. Pro Hillclimb series will be held August 8-9th at the Nitro Nationals in Sturgis, SD. For more information visit www.NitroNational.com or for more news, pics, and videos visit Team Peterson on Facebook.
- 18.04.2014 : Leduc Focused On Pro 4 Competition For Lake Elsinore | LOORRS - Lake Elsinore, CA
- 17.04.2014 : Race Rewind: Cole Seely Interview at Seattle SX 2014 | Supercross - MotoXAddicts Interview
- 17.04.2014 : TLD Now Offering FreeWheelin™ Bluetooth® Audio System for Bicycle Helmets | Company - Corona, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Patrick Long Finishes 5th at Long Beach 2014 | TUSCC - Long Beach, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Team Target Comes Up Just Short on the Streets of Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Power and Montoya Both Finish In Top-5 at Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 14.04.2014 : Cole Seely Steals a Win in Seattle | Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda in Seattle
- 14.04.2014 : Scott Pruett and Memo Rojas Victorious at Long Beach | TUSCC - Long Beach, CA
- 14.04.2014 : TLD Athletes Have Exceptional Weekend in Multiple Disciplines and Events | Company - Corona, CA
- 14.04.2014 : Monday Conversation: Cole Seely After Seattle SX | Supercross - Racer X Interview