Team Hancock Racing - The Grin Newsletter 8
Speedway - Torun, Poland
A message from Greg Hancock
The season has now reached the end and good finish it was. After a long hard battle to retain my World Title, I had to surrender it to Chris Holder who made a great end of season charge to earn it. I finished with the Bronze medal and was glad to be standing on the podium again at the end. The final Grand Prix in Torun was a good one for me where I finished up third on the night and third overall. I did the best I could all year and have plenty to look back on for improvement. No excuses except its tough at the top and its important to stay on your bike. I think you all understand the rest. Congratulations to the new and worthy World Champion Chris Holder as well as silver medalist Nicki Pedersen!
In the Swedish League, my team “Piraterna” from Motala had another amazing season. With all the different rider injuries that we sustained throughout the season, we still managed to pull off a solid Silver medal in the end. The final 2 rounds against VMS Elite Vetlanda were some of the closest and best races of the year. It came down to the last few heats before the Gold went to Vetlanda. Congratulations to VMS Elite Vetlanda.
The final event of the season for me was in Poland with my team Azoty-Tauron-Tarnow! We took on the second place team from Gorzow in the finals and they put up a good fight as expected. The first round took place away in Gorzow where they beat us with 6 points. On the return leg, we overtook that deficit early in the race and then went on to win convincingly on the day. Our team sat at the bottom of the league one year earlier but with a change in the management, the team coach along with a few riders including myself, we did even better than expected!:) After a year with a Bronze in the World Championship, Silver in the Swedish Elite League, I got one GOLD in Poland!
There will be quite a few changes in the rules and regulations in both Sweden and Poland next year so it is still unclear where I will be at this time although I anticipate that things will work out right when the time comes. Same goes with the SGP World Championship as far as changes are concerned. There will be many new faces coming in with new wildcard nominations and 1 very respected face going out. My hat goes off to multi time World Champion “Jason Crump” who has decided to call it a day with the Grand Prix Series after a very long and impressive run. We have battled on the track for many years and he is one that I have the utmost respect for. He says the time is right and that’s awesome. I wish he and his family good fortune in the future ahead.
Thank you all for the support in 2012 and see ya in 2013! Have a great winter season!
Visit the Team Hancock Racing website at www.greghancock.com.
- 29.07.2015 : TLD / KTM's Toby Price Takes 5th AORC Crown of His Career | AORC - Kyogle, Australia
- 27.07.2015 : Team TLD Riders All Score Top-10 Finishes at Washougal | AMA Pro Motocross - Washougal, WA
- 27.07.2015 : TLD’s Noren Makes It Three Weekends In A Row With Career-Best Finish | AMA Pro Motocross - Washougal, WA
- 27.07.2015 : Interview: Brandon Semenuk and Rupert Walker - Revel In The Chaos | Freeride MTB - Pinkbike Interview
- 24.07.2015 : TLD's Toby Price Could Wrap Up Fifth AORC Crown This Weekend | AORC - Kyogle, Australia
- 24.07.2015 : Sage Karam Earns First-Career Podium At Iowa 2015 | IndyCar - Newton, IA
- 23.07.2015 : TLD’s Noren Backs Up Career Best Result With Seventh Overall | AMA Pro Motocross - Millville, MN
- 20.07.2015 : TLD’s McElrath Breaks Into Top-10 With Impressive Moto 2 Ride | AMA Motocross - Millville, MN
- 20.07.2015 : KTM Strong Man Kirk Gibbs Braves The Pain At Shepparton | Motocross - Victoria, Australia
- 10.07.2015 : TLD/KTM’s Toby Price Picked Up By Red Bull Factory Rally Team | World Motorcycle Rally Championships