Strong Comeback for Valentin Teillet
Motocross - Gueugnon, France
Home of a French Elite every year, Romagné was once more very well prepared and organized, to offer the best conditions to the French riders. Back racing, Valentin Teillet got three amazing starts as he got three holeshots in the MX1 races and later in the super finale! Posting a good rhythm in the first heat, he will led the entire race, beating Sébastien Pourcel; the second heat will be different as Pourcel will not wait more than one lap behind Valentin, taking the lead during the second circulation. With a second position after his previous win, Valentin came to the super finale more confident and grabbed another holeshot; but in the second lap he staled the engine and lost too much time; twenty eight after two laps, he will do another strong race to score a tenth position after thirty minutes of racing.
Leading the MX2 class before this round, Benoit Paturel will face a tough weekend in Brittany. Third of his group in the timed practice period, Benoit wasn’t as successful as his teammate at the start, missing a good one in both MX2 races; tenth at the beginning of the first heat, he came back fourth but his second heat was worse. Crashing during his battle for the fifth position, he lost time and was back in fourteenth place when he crashed again. Fifteenth of this race, he will got a better start in the super final and will end this tough day with a strong sixth place (second MX2 rider behind Tixier) in the super finale. Anyway he lost the leadership of the series, and is now second three points behind the leader.
The last round of the series will take place in Thomer la Sogne (Eure) on Easter Monday.
“I’m happy as I was not sure to race this weekend in Romagné, and finally I scored an overall podium in the MX1 class with a heat win, a second position and a good comeback from 28th to 10th position in the super finale. After my crash while training in Spain I had to stay ten days in a bed, without moving, and I just tried to ride my bike last Wednesday and then on Friday. But I was unable to ride it, and I came here just to try the practice session; it was better than I could expect, and I knew that the start would be the key of the races so I was focused for that. I got three holeshots, now I’m sure that I can get good starts with this 450; I’m happy to have such a good bike and a great team behind me, they do their best to support me.”
“Since this morning I didn’t felt comfortable on the track, I tried to find solutions for the race but in the first heat I could comeback only fourth after a bad start. I was very motivated for the second heat, but again my start was bad and later I crashed three times during the race, it was a heat to forget. My last start among the 450 was much better for the super finale, I did a good race but racing with the 450 is always tough and I couldn’t do better than sixth. For sure I’m disappointed, this year I have in this series one good and then one average race but I will be ready for the final round to get the French title.”
- 21.04.2015 : Scott Dixon wins Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 20.04.2015 : 'My Weekend Was…' With Cole Seely - Santa Clara SX Recap | AMA Supercross - Santa Clara, CA
- 20.04.2015 : The Play-By-Play of Shane McElrath’s Race Day in Santa Clara | AMA Supercross - Santa Clara, CA
- 16.04.2015 : Chip Ganassi Racing Report: Indy Grand Prix of Louisiana | IndyCar - Avondale, LA
- 15.04.2015 : Team Penske's Castroneves Podiums in Louisiana | IndyCar - Avondale, LA
- 14.04.2015 : Lusty Industries / KTM’s Gibbs Shows His Mettle To Extend Nationals Lead | Motocross - Sydney, Australia
- 14.04.2015 : Kasey Kahne Finishes 8th At Texas | NASCAR - Fort Worth, TX
- 13.04.2015 : Aaron Gwin Takes 1st Place at 2015 DH World Cup Season Opener | DH MTB - Lourdes, France
- 13.04.2015 : Shane McElrath Makes Podium Return in Houston | AMA Supercross - Houston, TX
- 13.04.2015 : 2015 SRAM | Troy Lee Designs Race Team - Meet the Squad | Bicycle - SRAM TLD Race Team