Stapleton Slated for Wonthaggi MX Nationals Comeback
Motocross - Australia
Raceline Pirelli Suzuki’s Stapleton sat out the Appin round due to sternum and back injuries, however he’s slated to rejoin teammate Ryan Marmont for the weekend.
Despite still struggling with the injuries and having minimal seat time since Broadford’s season opener, Stapleton has vowed to try his hardest for a strong result during the motos.
“It was hard to watch [Appin] as I wanted to be out there, but it was great to be there with the team,” Stapleton said. “I’ll be racing this round; we’ll just see how I go. I’m not 100 percent, but I will be right to ride and will go out there and do my best to try and get a decent result.
“I had a ride yesterday, so I should be right for the weekend. It’s a little sore, my chest is sore and a little bit uncomfortable but my back doesn’t bother me at all. It doesn’t really affect me too much to ride so I should be okay.”
Teammate Ryan Marmont will also enter the weekend in form, currently sixth in the MX2 standings coming off a fourth place finish at Appin a fortnight ago.
Read more about the start of Team Raceline Pirelli Suzuki / TLD's 2014 season here.
- 30.01.2016 : Oakland SX Race Report | Oakland, CA
- 23.01.2016 : Race Report Anaheim 2 | Anaheim, CA
- 16.01.2016 : Race Report San Diego 1 | San Diego, CA
- 15.01.2016 : Update On Jessy Nelson's Practice Crash | Corona, CA
- 09.01.2016 : TLDs Jessy Nelson Starts Off in Championship Hunt | Anaheim, CA
- 09.01.2016 : TLDs Cole Seely Races to Podium Finish at Season Opener | Anaheim, CA
- 01.01.2016 : TLD And FMF Factory KTM Offroad Partner | Corona, CA
- 08.12.2015 : KTM FACTORY MEDIA INTRO | Corona, CA
- 28.11.2015 : 2015 East Coast Mini Olympics Report | Gainsville, FL
- 16.11.2015 : Bud-Racing’s Lillie SX Race Report | Moto - Lillie, France