Stapleton Slated for Wonthaggi MX Nationals Comeback
Motocross - Australia
Raceline Pirelli Suzuki’s Stapleton sat out the Appin round due to sternum and back injuries, however he’s slated to rejoin teammate Ryan Marmont for the weekend.
Despite still struggling with the injuries and having minimal seat time since Broadford’s season opener, Stapleton has vowed to try his hardest for a strong result during the motos.
“It was hard to watch [Appin] as I wanted to be out there, but it was great to be there with the team,” Stapleton said. “I’ll be racing this round; we’ll just see how I go. I’m not 100 percent, but I will be right to ride and will go out there and do my best to try and get a decent result.
“I had a ride yesterday, so I should be right for the weekend. It’s a little sore, my chest is sore and a little bit uncomfortable but my back doesn’t bother me at all. It doesn’t really affect me too much to ride so I should be okay.”
Teammate Ryan Marmont will also enter the weekend in form, currently sixth in the MX2 standings coming off a fourth place finish at Appin a fortnight ago.
Read more about the start of Team Raceline Pirelli Suzuki / TLD's 2014 season here.
- 22.08.2014 : Northern Notes: Canada Wins - Facciotti Goes to Utah | Motocross - Ontario, Canada
- 22.08.2014 : Cam Zink's Backflip Sets Guinness World Record | MTB Freeride - Mammoth Lakes, CA
- 21.08.2014 : Where Are They Now - Cam Zink | MTB Freeride - Mammoth Lakes, CA
- 21.08.2014 : Colton Facciotti To Fill-In For TLD / Lucas Oil / MAVTV / Honda's Malcolm Stewart | AMA Motocross - Corona, CA
- 20.08.2014 : Will Power Dominates at The Milwaukee Mile 2014 | IndyCar - Milwaukee, WI
- 20.08.2014 : Raceline Pirelli Suzuki Back on Track for Gladstone | Motocross - Gladstone, Queensland, Australia
- 20.08.2014 : Rain Check: Jessy Nelson Grabs His First Moto Win | AMA Motocross - Crawfordsville, IN
- 19.08.2014 : Team Target Claims Two Top-Five Finishes at Milwaukee 2014 | IndyCar - Milwaukee, WI
- 19.08.2014 : Semenuk Becomes Most Decorated Athlete in Crankworx Slopestyle History | Freeride MTB - Whistler, Canada
- 18.08.2014 : Troy Lee Designs Score First National Motocross Win in Indiana Mud | AMA Motocross - Crawfordsville, IN