Sherri Cruse Earns a Second Overall at Freestone
WMA Motocross - Wortham, TX
The women took the track at 3:00 pm for the first moto. 20-year-old Sherri Cruse, from Bakersfield, CA, got a mid-pack start, moving through the pack quickly, battling riders and ultimately securing her place on the podium with a third place finish.
In the second moto, Cruse got a better start, passing several riders early on, moving into second place by mid moto where she stayed for the remainder of the race. Sherri picked up her second podium of the season, second overall, and one of the most coveted trophies on the pro series (the Freestone Sheriff's Badge).
"The track was great and fun to charge on," said Cruse, "I am staying consistent and feel good about how the championship is going for me."
Sherri is sponsored by: Cernic's Suzuki, AXO, Dunlop Tires, Von Zipper, Pro Circuit, Race Tech Suspension, Troy Lee Designs, Motion Pro, Zip Ty Racing, Throttle Jockey, Excel America, KG Motorsports, ODI, Cycra Racing, Rekluse, Leatt Brace, Shock Doctor and MMI.
Watch full women's pro motocross race coverage starting in June on the Versus Channel. Check allisports.com for complete air dates and times.
Next race: Saturday, June 13. High Point Raceway, Mt. Morris, PA. Live web coverage of the Round 4 begins at 1:00pm EST on allisports.com.For more information visit Sherri Cruse Facebook Fan page, be sure to post a message.
- 28.08.2014 : Unsung Hero: Fredrik Noren on the 2014 MX Season | AMA Motocross - RacerX Interview
- 27.08.2014 : Micky Dymond to Race 2nd Annual AMA Sturgis Supermoto Race | Supermoto - Sturgis, SD
- 27.08.2014 : Colton Facciotti Discusses Utah And Latvia | Motocross - Canada
- 26.08.2014 : Ken Block Takes 2nd at GRC Daytona and Moves Into 2nd In the Championship | Rallycross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 26.08.2014 : Chaz Mostert 'Rains' Supreme At Sydney Motorsport Park 400 | V8 Supercars - Sydney, Australia
- 26.08.2014 : Cole Seely Signs With American Honda | Supercross and Motocross - Torrance, CA
- 26.08.2014 : Dany Torres Takes 2nd In Red Bull X-Fighters Pretoria | FMX - Pretoria, South Africa
- 25.08.2014 : Troy Lee Designs Closes Outdoor Season in Utah | AMA Motocross - Tooele, UT
- 25.08.2014 : New Factory Honda Rider Cole Seely Signs Multi-Year Deal With TLD | AMA Motocross - Corona, CA
- 25.08.2014 : Dixon Claims Second Win of the Season at Sonoma | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA