Sherri Cruse Earns a Second Overall at Freestone
WMA Motocross - Wortham, TX
The women took the track at 3:00 pm for the first moto. 20-year-old Sherri Cruse, from Bakersfield, CA, got a mid-pack start, moving through the pack quickly, battling riders and ultimately securing her place on the podium with a third place finish.
In the second moto, Cruse got a better start, passing several riders early on, moving into second place by mid moto where she stayed for the remainder of the race. Sherri picked up her second podium of the season, second overall, and one of the most coveted trophies on the pro series (the Freestone Sheriff's Badge).
"The track was great and fun to charge on," said Cruse, "I am staying consistent and feel good about how the championship is going for me."
Sherri is sponsored by: Cernic's Suzuki, AXO, Dunlop Tires, Von Zipper, Pro Circuit, Race Tech Suspension, Troy Lee Designs, Motion Pro, Zip Ty Racing, Throttle Jockey, Excel America, KG Motorsports, ODI, Cycra Racing, Rekluse, Leatt Brace, Shock Doctor and MMI.
Watch full women's pro motocross race coverage starting in June on the Versus Channel. Check allisports.com for complete air dates and times.
Next race: Saturday, June 13. High Point Raceway, Mt. Morris, PA. Live web coverage of the Round 4 begins at 1:00pm EST on allisports.com.For more information visit Sherri Cruse Facebook Fan page, be sure to post a message.
- 22.05.2015 : Fredrik Noren to Fill In for Injured Trey Canard | AMA Pro Motocross - Torrance, CA
- 21.05.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Announces New Distributor in Mexico | Playas De Tijuana, Mexico
- 21.05.2015 : Catching Up With Westen Wrozyna | Interview - Canada
- 19.05.2015 : Scott Dixon Earns Pole Position for 99th Indianapolis 500 | IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN
- 19.05.2015 : TLD’s Seely Walks Out of Hangtown with Eyes on Glen Helen | AMA Pro Motocross - Sacramento, CA
- 18.05.2015 : TLD / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Riders Tackle Round 1 at Hangtown | AMA Pro Motocross - Sacramento, CA
- 13.05.2015 : Mitchell Oldenburg Gets a Shot With Troy Lee Designs | AMA Motocross - Corona, CA
- 12.05.2015 : Willoughby Steals UCI BMX Supercross World Cup Series Lead | BMX - Papendal, Netherlands
- 12.05.2015 : Patrick Butler Joins Lusty Industries Australian Downhill Team | Downhill MTB - NSW, Australia
- 08.05.2015 : Interview with SRAM | TLD Racing's Russell Finsterwald | Cross-Country MTB