Servia Successfully Qualifies for the Indianapolis 500
IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN
Oriol Servia took the green flag for his qualification run at 3:58 p.m. ET. He was the 31st car to attempt to qualify for the 500.
Servia's qualification attempt consisted of the following laps: Lap 1 - 39.6228 seconds, 227.14 mph; Lap 2 - 39.6664 seconds, 226.892 mph; Lap 3 - 39.7118 seconds, 226.633 mph; Lap 4 - 39.7196 seconds, 226.588 mph. Servia's four lap average of 226.814 mph was the 13th fastest qualifying run of the day.
The team elected to remain solidly in the field rather than withdraw their time and attempt to re-qualify in a higher position. Including today's 126 laps, Servia has completed 428 laps of practice at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Oriol Servia, No. 22 Mecum Auctions Panther DRR Chevrolet:
"Thirteenth is a solid place to start this race. I know we had a faster car than that. We ended up a little conservative on downforce, but that's a gamble you always take here.
If it was a normal day without the rain in the morning I would bet we would have gone out and tried to go faster. As late in the day as it was, it would have been risky if something would have went wrong.
We'll take 13th, we worked today on what was already a great racecar. We're very, very confident about the race."
- 22.05.2015 : Fredrik Noren to Fill In for Injured Trey Canard | AMA Pro Motocross - Torrance, CA
- 21.05.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Announces New Distributor in Mexico | Playas De Tijuana, Mexico
- 21.05.2015 : Catching Up With Westen Wrozyna | Interview - Canada
- 19.05.2015 : Scott Dixon Earns Pole Position for 99th Indianapolis 500 | IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN
- 19.05.2015 : TLD’s Seely Walks Out of Hangtown with Eyes on Glen Helen | AMA Pro Motocross - Sacramento, CA
- 18.05.2015 : TLD / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Riders Tackle Round 1 at Hangtown | AMA Pro Motocross - Sacramento, CA
- 13.05.2015 : Mitchell Oldenburg Gets a Shot With Troy Lee Designs | AMA Motocross - Corona, CA
- 12.05.2015 : Willoughby Steals UCI BMX Supercross World Cup Series Lead | BMX - Papendal, Netherlands
- 12.05.2015 : Patrick Butler Joins Lusty Industries Australian Downhill Team | Downhill MTB - NSW, Australia
- 08.05.2015 : Interview with SRAM | TLD Racing's Russell Finsterwald | Cross-Country MTB