Servia Successfully Qualifies for the Indianapolis 500
IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN
Oriol Servia took the green flag for his qualification run at 3:58 p.m. ET. He was the 31st car to attempt to qualify for the 500.
Servia's qualification attempt consisted of the following laps: Lap 1 - 39.6228 seconds, 227.14 mph; Lap 2 - 39.6664 seconds, 226.892 mph; Lap 3 - 39.7118 seconds, 226.633 mph; Lap 4 - 39.7196 seconds, 226.588 mph. Servia's four lap average of 226.814 mph was the 13th fastest qualifying run of the day.
The team elected to remain solidly in the field rather than withdraw their time and attempt to re-qualify in a higher position. Including today's 126 laps, Servia has completed 428 laps of practice at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Oriol Servia, No. 22 Mecum Auctions Panther DRR Chevrolet:
"Thirteenth is a solid place to start this race. I know we had a faster car than that. We ended up a little conservative on downforce, but that's a gamble you always take here.
If it was a normal day without the rain in the morning I would bet we would have gone out and tried to go faster. As late in the day as it was, it would have been risky if something would have went wrong.
We'll take 13th, we worked today on what was already a great racecar. We're very, very confident about the race."
- 01.09.2015 : Kirk Gibbs Takes MX Nationals Championship | Motocross - Coolum, Australia
- 01.09.2015 : Dixon Comes From Behind To Win 2015 IndyCar Championship | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA
- 28.08.2015 : Oriol Servia to Drive Justin Wilson's No. 25 Car in IndyCar Finale | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA
- 27.08.2015 : Alise Post 1st, Sam Willoughby 3rd at Sweden BMX | BMX - Angelholm, Sweden
- 26.08.2015 : Juan Montoya: Job To Do But With Sadness in Heart | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA
- 24.08.2015 : TLD’s Jessy Nelson Closes 2015 Championship With a Podium in Indiana | AMA Pro Motocross - Crawfordsville, IN
- 24.08.2015 : TLD's Aaron Gwin Clinches 2015 DH MTB World Cup Championship Title | MTB - Val di Sole, Italy
- 21.08.2015 : Semenuk Revels In The Glory Of 3rd Consecutive Red Bull Joyride Win | Freeride MTB - Whistler, Canada
- 20.08.2015 : Gibbs On Verge of Clinching National MX1 Crown | MX Nationals - Australia
- 19.08.2015 : Mountain Biker Brandon Semenuk’s unReal Video: Long Shot Pays Off | Freeride MTB