Servia Captures Great 4th Place Finish in the Streets of Sao Paulo
IndyCar - Sao Paulo, Brazil
Half of the field took advantage of a full course caution and completed a pit stop on Lap 21, including Servia. He entered the pits 13th and gained three spots, but would rejoin the field in 19th behind the cars that did not pit.
Servia avoided a multi-car incident in Turn 1 on the Lap 24 restart and gained four positions, moving to 15th. He advanced to 12th after passing three more cars on the next restart on Lap 27. Servia continued to move through the field, advancing all the way to 6th before the caution came out on Lap 37.
By Lap 46, Servia had passed Scott Dixon, Dario Franchitti, Ryan Hunter-Reay, and Tony Kanaan and moved into second place behind Marco Andretti. Servia remained in second until Lap 50 when he made his final pit stop. The caution would come out again on Lap 51, catching Servia out and dropping him to 11th place.
Servia used restarts on Lap 52 and 58 to his advantage and moved back up to 5th position. Coming to the checkered flag, Servia was able to pass Josef Newgarden on the final corner and capture 4th place, earning his best finish of the season.
The 2013 Sao Paulo Indy 300 featured 75 laps around the 2.536-mile, 11-turn street circuit in the streets of Sao Paulo, Brazil . With today's finish, Servia moves into 8th position in the 2013 IZOD IndyCar Series point standings.
Panther DRR and Servia will return to the track next Saturday, May 11 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway for the Opening Day of practice for the 97th Running of the Indianapolis 500.
"I had a great car today! We had to go through the field twice and still finished fourth. I really thought we had a podium; really, we had a car to win. We have worked so hard to have the car and the team we have. We are contenders. We just announced that we need to find more sponsorship to continue after Indy, but I'm very happy today. We are working well, we are doing our jobs right, and something good is going to happen!"
- 02.03.2015 : Seely’s Stats - 10 Fast Facts from Atlanta 2 Supercross | AMA Supercross - Atlanta, GA
- 27.02.2015 : Sound Off: Jessy Nelson Interview | TLD Race Team - Art's Cyclery Interview
- 25.02.2015 : Logan Christian Lands Podium Finish In Chicago | Snocross - Chicago, IL
- 25.02.2015 : Toby Price Swaps Bike for Stadium Super Truck Debut | Super Trucks - Adelaide, Australia
- 25.02.2015 : Mears All Smiles After Successful Daytona Speedweeks | NASCAR - Daytona Beach, FL
- 24.02.2015 : Top-10 Finish for Kasey Kahne in 2015 Daytona 500 | NASCAR - Daytona, FL
- 24.02.2015 : California Dreamin' with Aaron Gwin | MTB - Pinkbike Interview
- 24.02.2015 : Willoughby and Post Victorious at 2015 Phoenix Winter Nationals | BMX - Phoenix, AZ
- 23.02.2015 : The Play-By-Play of Cole Seely’s Race Day in Atlanta | AMA Supercross - Atlanta, GA
- 13.02.2015 : Christian Brothers Racing Wins Soo I-500 and Podiums In New York | Snocross - Fertile, MN