Scott Sharp Expects Strong Competition at Rolex 24
ALMS - Daytona, FL
The #1 Tequila Patron-sponsored HPD ARX-03bs were the fastest of all LMP2-category cars in the prototype class that was dominated by Daytona Prototype machinery.
“It has been a good test for us,” said Scott Sharp. “We continue to learn about the car and tyres. We’re making progress. The series has made a few more rules adjustments which certainly makes us closer. We’re still about 4-5 mph down on the end of the straightaway, but overall the lap times have gotten closer. That’s all positive. We’re more excited coming out of here after the progress we made this weekend.
“I expect a lot of competition out of the two Nissan cars; they haven’t been here before and we have,” he continued. “Plus we’ve had a couple tests before this weekend, so I think we’re a step ahead of them. Those cars have been the cars to beat in the FIA World Endurance Championship and once they get into their groove, I think they’re going to be pretty tough.”
Full-time 2014 drivers Sharp and Ryan Dalziel are joined at Daytona by David Brabham, who will also share the car with Sharp and Dalziel at the Twelve Hours of Sebring and the season-closing Petit Le Mans.
- 17.12.2014 : TLD Canada Amateur Profile: Hayden Wolff | Rider Support - Prince George, BC, Canda
- 10.12.2014 : Privateer Profile: Ross Johnson | International - Canada
- 09.12.2014 : Scott Dixon Returns To TCGR for 2015 IndyCar Series | IndyCar Series
- 19.11.2014 : Interview: Troy Lee | Company
- 11.11.2014 : Redmond and Graffunder Take on Ukupacha in Ecuador | Enduro - Ukupacha, Ecuador
- 10.11.2014 : USA Got Hold of Junior Trophy Victory in Argentina | Off-Road - San Juan, Argentina
- 06.11.2014 : Mitchell DeJong Clinches 2014 GRC Lites Championship | Global Rallycross Lites - Las Vegas, NV
- 05.11.2014 : Behind The Scenes with Kiwi Indycar Champ Scott Dixon | IndyCar - New Zealand
- 04.11.2014 : Lusty Industries Opens In New Zealand | Newcastle, NSW Australia
- 03.11.2014 : Runner-Up Finish for ESM Patrón at Shanghai | WEC - Shanghai, China