Sam Hill Closes Out Season Top-5 Overall in World Cup Series
MTB - Hafjell, Norway
The 2012 Downhill MTB World Cup season wrapped up this weekend in Hafjell, Norway and Monster Energy Specialized's Sam Hill (AUS) raced to 7th place under blue skies, on a track that had him smiling all week.
The track here in Norway was new to the world cup circuit, but has been used in the past for European championships as well as other local events. It is bedded in and extremely fast when the unpredictable Norwegian weather cooperates. It included everything form massive jumps, to incredibly technical rock gardens that challenged even the best of racers. The weather was wet and cold at the beginning of the week, but cleared up on race day and racing took place under perfect conditions. Hill closed out his rebuilding season, following 2 seasons of injuries with a 5th place in the World Cup overall.
Sam had this to say following the race: "My day went pretty good. I had a solid race run. I would have liked to finish in a better position but I'm happy with how I rode. I have a lot of motivation and hunger for next season. The track was real good, it had a bit of everything. It was pretty physical with lots of nice natural sections which is really good to see on a track these days."
Team mechanic and pit boss Jacy Shumilak: "Overall this was a good season for the team. We had some ups and downs, a few injuries here and there, but we're proud of how Sam finished up in the world cup overall series. We're looking forward to a winter where Sam can train healthy for the entire off season and come back stronger and more motivated for 2013. i was also happy to have Mitch join step in for a few rounds. He was a great kid to work with, we're looking forward to seeing him in the years to come. Hopefully Troy can get healthy and strong for next season and have a healthy team for 2013."
Team Manager Sean Heimdal: “I know Sam and Troy had higher expectations coming into the season and they both showed signs of things to come. Sam’s a natural born winner and he’ll find his stride again while Troy was starting to pick up pace before his injury...they’re both always hungry for wins and I’ve got no doubts they’ll be well prepared for 2013. We couldn’t ask for a better team or equipment to get us to the top and the fans are always there to equally support. Thanks for following the team and we’re looking forward to seeing you all in 2013!”
This final trip to Europe for 2012 wraps things up as all team members now head home to recover from a very long, successful season. Sam is happy to head home and spend time with his newborn son and shred his moto, while Troy is getting set to have a shoulder rehabbed from his crash at world championships and get ready for the 2013 season.
We’d like to thank the following companies for their continued support: Monster Energy, Specialized Bicycles, Mad Catz, SRAM, Truvativ, Rock Shox, Avid, DT Swiss, SDG, Renthal, Troy Lee Designs, Maxima, Spy Optic, Cane Creek, e-thirteen, Contour, Five Ten, Alligator, Team Associated, Method.
Follow the team at:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/MESracing
Twitter - @MESracing @troybrosnan
Monster Energy supports the scene. Be it MTB, trials, boardercross, MX, SX, surfing, BMX, go-karts, pit bikes, mountain bikes, PWC racing, off road, rally, insane distance jumping, MotoGP, road racing, supermoto, FMX, skate, rock crawling, wake, surf, ski – name it – seems athletes and bands are rockin' Monster Energy more than anything these days. Check out the types - Original Monster Energy, Lo-Carb Monster, Monster Assault, Monster's fruit juice hybrids dubbed Monster Khaos, Monster M-80 and Monster MIXXD, the ground-breaking Java Monster and X-Presso Monster premium coffee & cream drink line supercharged with Monster Energy's blend, 3 oz. Monster Hitman Energy Shooters, Monster Import, and the new nitrous oxide injected Nitrous Monster. Sam Hill digs ‘em – so will you.
- 29.06.2015 : TLD / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Riders Endure Weather As Season Hits Halfway Point | AMA Pro Motocross - Mechanicsville, MD
- 29.06.2015 : TLD’s Noren Bounces Back For Solid Moto 2 Finish at Budds Creek | AMA Pro Motocross - Mechanicsville, MD
- 26.06.2015 : Scott Dixon Looks to Complete Career California Track Sweep | IndyCar - Fontana, CA
- 23.06.2015 : Ward Wins Pole and Takes 4th in Red Bull GRC Debut at Daytona | Rallycross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 23.06.2015 : Block Takes 2nd at Rd 3 of 2015 Red Bull GRC Season in Daytona | Rallycross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 18.06.2015 : Podium Finish for Dempsey and Long at Le Mans | Auto Racing - Le Mans, France
- 15.06.2015 : TLD's Seely and Noren Earn Top-10 Finishes in Pennsylvania | AMA Pro Motocross - Mt. Morris, PA
- 15.06.2015 : Top-10 Results for TLD’s Nelson and McElrath at High Point National | AMA Pro Motocross - Mt. Morris, PA
- 15.06.2015 : TLD Bike Athletes Go Big at Rd 3 of MTB World Cup DH Series | DH MTB - Leogang, Austria
- 11.06.2015 : Price Sweeps to Fourth Finke Desert Race Win | Off-Road - Northern Territory, Australia