Russell Bobbitt Takes Rattlesnake Enduro Win
AMA National Enduro Series - Cross Fork, Pennsylvania
Rain the day before and on the morning of the race made for slippery conditions at this year’s event, as Bobbitt took advantage of a late start number to come away with a long overdue win. After posting the fastest time in the first three tests of the day, Bobbitt settled into a comfortable pace for the rest of the race to take the overall win by a 33-second margin over runner-up Nick Fahringer. The win was Bobbitt’s first in nearly a year.
“It feels good to get back on top of the podium,” said Bobbitt. “I was riding really good today, but I also had a bit of an advantage because of my late start time. I guess I’ll be breaking trail at the next race, so it all works out. I’ll take it any way I can get it.”
After getting off to a slow start, Fahringer came on strong at the end of the day. The Radiant AirGroup Husaberg rider finished second in the fourth test and then won the final two tests to beat out factory Husaberg rider Mike Lafferty by 30 seconds, making the fourth time this year that Fahringer has finished in the runner-up slot.
Series points leader Charlie Mullins had an off day and finished fourth, although at one time the FMF/KTM rider was as far back as seventh before a strong finish in the final test moved him up the order. Despite the fourth-place finish, Mullins still holds a 29-point lead in the series standings over Fahringer with only two races remaining on the schedule.
Obermeyer Yamaha’s Brad Bakken rode a 250F Yamaha to fifth overall, while Am Pro Yamaha’s Jesse Groemm rode a 250 two-stroke to sixth. Groemm turned some heads by winning ultra-fast fourth test.
The Rekluse AMA National Enduro Series now takes a seven-week break before resuming action in Lynnville, Indiana, on September 15th for round nine of the series. For more information on the series go to www.nationalenduro.com.
1. Russell Bobbitt (Hsb)
2. Nick Fahringer (Hsb)
3. Mike Lafferty (Hsb)
4. Charlie Mullins (KTM)
5. Brad Bakken (Yam) 6. Jesse Groemm (Yam)
7. Andrew DeLong (Hsq)
8. Thad DuVall (Hon)
9. Ian Blythe (KTM)
10. Tanner Thomas (KTM)
- 10.03.2014 : Honda Red Riders Score Valuable Points at Daytona | AMA Supercross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 10.03.2014 : Kasey Kahne Takes 8th in Las Vegas | NASCAR - Las Vegas, NV
- 07.03.2014 : Servia to Race Select Races with Rahal Letterman Lanigan | IndyCar - Brownsburg, IN
- 06.03.2014 : Interview: Cole Seely - Replacement Killer | Supercross - TWMX Interview
- 05.03.2014 : Where Are They Now - Dave Cullinan | MTB - Interview
- 05.03.2014 : Troy Lee Designs' Malcolm Stewart to Race Daytona Supercross | Supercross - Corona, CA
- 04.03.2014 : Herfindahl and Joanis Win Pro Finals In Cross-Country and Snocross | Snocross - Warroad, MN
- 03.03.2014 : Honda Red Riders Crowd the Podium in Indianapolis | AMA Supercross - Indianapolis, IN
- 03.03.2014 : SCORE San Felipe 250 Victory Marks Historic Feat For Vildosola Racing | Off-Road - San Felipe, Mexico
- 28.02.2014 : SRAM Announces Formation of SRAM / Troy Lee Designs Mountain Bike Team | Chicago, IL