Russell Bobbitt Clinches 2013 OMA Championship
Off-Road - Council Bluffs, IA
Bobbitt’s performance was flawless at round 8 of the OMA this past weekend. Off the grass start, Bobbitt swung wide through the long right-hand corner, missing the holeshot by half a bike length.
Russell Bobbitt says: “My rear tire spun a little on the grass. But I was able to make a pass for the lead in the second corner."
Bobbit had the lead for the majority of the first lap until a small fall caused him to give up a position to Kole Henslee. Bobbitt quickly collected himself and was able to regain the lead before the end of the lap.
During the second lap Bobbitt noticed that his throttle was sticking and pulled into the pits, again losing a position to Henslee.
Russell Bobbitt says: “I must have tweeked my throttle housing in the fall. I stopped in the pits and my mechanic and crew were ready to help. They got me going again within seconds."
Putting the first two laps behind him, Bobbitt put his head down and began to work on the lead rider of Kole Henslee. He was able to make a pass on Henslee in one of the sand sections to takeover 1st place. From there, Bobbitt continued to stretch out his lead finishing the eight-lap race minutes over the competition and clinching his first OMA National Championship.
Russell Bobbitt says: “The course really suited me today. Half of the course was deep sandy river beds and the other half was great single track with consistent dirt that rutted up. I’m happy to win this championship in my second year competing in the series.”
The final round of the OMA occurs in Morrison, Ill., Nov. 2-3.
2013 Council Bluffs OMA Overall Results:
1. Russell Bobbitt – HSB
2. Kole Henslee
3. Tucker Smith
OMA Overall Point Standings:
1. Russell Bobbitt –222
2. Nick Fahringer –167
3. Kailub Russell – 109
- 18.12.2014 : Tis The Season With Colton Facciotti | Rider Support - Canada
- 17.12.2014 : TLD Canada Amateur Profile: Hayden Wolff | Rider Support - Prince George, BC, Canda
- 10.12.2014 : Privateer Profile: Ross Johnson | International - Canada
- 09.12.2014 : Scott Dixon Returns To TCGR for 2015 IndyCar Series | IndyCar Series
- 19.11.2014 : Interview: Troy Lee | Company
- 11.11.2014 : Redmond and Graffunder Take on Ukupacha in Ecuador | Enduro - Ukupacha, Ecuador
- 10.11.2014 : USA Got Hold of Junior Trophy Victory in Argentina | Off-Road - San Juan, Argentina
- 06.11.2014 : Mitchell DeJong Clinches 2014 GRC Lites Championship | Global Rallycross Lites - Las Vegas, NV
- 05.11.2014 : Behind The Scenes with Kiwi Indycar Champ Scott Dixon | IndyCar - New Zealand
- 04.11.2014 : Lusty Industries Opens In New Zealand | Newcastle, NSW Australia